Knicks urge fans to be patient in title quest

Full story: Newsday 33
In his final address on the 2008-09 season Thursday, general manager Donnie Walsh acknowledged the "need to get better elements" on the Knicks , that Eddy Curry will spend some time this offseason at a Detroit-based clinic for weight loss, and that the 2010 plan could be moved up a year to this summer if the right deal - and right franchise player ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tiffany

United States

#22 Apr 20, 2009
Oh okay,some superstar players are free agents right?and the knicks might have a chance at grabing some of them,or at least one

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#23 Apr 20, 2009
Patience?? 36 years isn't patient?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24 Apr 20, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
Oh okay,some superstar players are free agents right?and the knicks might have a chance at grabing some of them,or at least one
They need that one superstar player who wants the ball in crunch time to take them to that next level.
A player that won't let his team lose no matter what, a player with guts, a standup type so to speak.
They haven't had players like that since Patrick Ewing and Bernard King.
Tiffany

United States

#25 Apr 20, 2009
You just described Allen iverson,i will love to have him on the knicks

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#26 Apr 20, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
You just described Allen iverson,i will love to have him on the knicks
No, not him he is not a team player and wants to hog the ball.
They just got rid of Marbury who does the same thing, besides he's an older player now and they need to get young.
Iverson does not like to listen and do what he's told, that's why Denver got rid of him.
He'll make the Knicks worse.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#27 Apr 20, 2009
I LEVEL wrote:
<quoted text>
They need that one superstar player who wants the ball in crunch time to take them to that next level.
A player that won't let his team lose no matter what, a player with guts, a standup type so to speak.
They haven't had players like that since Patrick Ewing and Bernard King.
that's part of the problem... waiting for the 'superstar' instead of building a team that plays a style that can win... You have teams that have Kobe, Lebron, Wade ... maybe Carmelo.. Nash... NOwitiski
and then there is everyone else.... it's doable if the excuse remains for years that they don't have a 'star' player then they have the wrong management team in place... years ago there was Bird/Magic/ MJ and then everyone else .. you find a way to compete..
Nikolai Vlodkov

Tampa, FL

#28 Apr 20, 2009
Never mind the bullsh-it .....

Just drink plenty of vodka from the Ukraine.

http://it.youtube.com/watch...
Tiffany

United States

#29 Apr 20, 2009
what about nick young,hes emerging,he had a very good year

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#30 Apr 22, 2009
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
<quoted text>that's part of the problem... waiting for the 'superstar' instead of building a team that plays a style that can win... You have teams that have Kobe, Lebron, Wade ... maybe Carmelo.. Nash... NOwitiski
and then there is everyone else.... it's doable if the excuse remains for years that they don't have a 'star' player then they have the wrong management team in place... years ago there was Bird/Magic/ MJ and then everyone else .. you find a way to compete..
We both know that the Knicks upper management is one of the worst if not the worst in the NBA.
The Dolans are the problem and have been since they've owned the team.
The Knicks went from perenial contenders and a respected team to the league's laughingstock under the Dolans management.
When Dave Checketts ran the Knicks, they were well organized and teams feared them.
Not now, I'm hoping that Walsh does for them what Checketts once did, all we can do is hope.
Tiffany

United States

#31 Apr 22, 2009
yeah,it seems like the knicks have the worst luck of all teams

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#32 Apr 22, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
yeah,it seems like the knicks have the worst luck of all teams
They're that way because top management is incompetent.
Tiffany

United States

#33 Apr 22, 2009
damn,why us?,why ny?we need someone like avery johnson,hes a tough dude who dont play,he can turn this franchise around

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#34 Apr 23, 2009
I LEVEL wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know that the Knicks upper management is one of the worst if not the worst in the NBA.
The Dolans are the problem and have been since they've owned the team.
The Knicks went from perenial contenders and a respected team to the league's laughingstock under the Dolans management.
When Dave Checketts ran the Knicks, they were well organized and teams feared them.
Not now, I'm hoping that Walsh does for them what Checketts once did, all we can do is hope.
I think it's misguided anger. It was Walsh who decided (his words) to blow up what was a playoff team in the Eastern Conference 12 games into the season. HIs rational was; why play for the 8th seed and a certain 1st round exit against the Celts'... the Bulls are showing why.. INjuries and spit happens.. you ALWAYS play to win not to lose.... even ONE playoff round is better than none.... Now the Bulls are in shape to get to the second round and they have the KNicks #1 for 2010. all the media supported Walsh's decesion... I wonder if they feel the same way in the Bull plays Cleveland in the Eqastern Finals... at least we have Curry right!!!(yes that was sarcasm)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40

Eddy Curry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE