Lawsuit latest adversity for former Bull Eddy Curry

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Eddy Curry has been robbed at gunpoint, benched by frustrated coaches, placed at the center of a debate over an employer's right to demand DNA testing of an employee and booed lustily by Bulls fans.
Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Jan 15, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
R U joking

Westchester, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

"He calls me racist and my best friend on the planet is white. He calls me an anti-Semite and my agent is Jewish"

"My agent is Jewish." Umm, do you have any Jewish FRIENDS?
TftInChi

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

R U Joking: are you joking? People need to have jewish (or black, or hispanic, or [insert race or people here]) friends in order to be considered not racist? I don't have any Chinese friends. I guess I must hate the Chinese. Case closed. Lock me up.

Please.

Also, who's to say he isn't friends with his agent?

This whole lawsuit smacks of a hustle. This guy is obviously hard up for money and is trying to extort it from a rich basketball player who by all other accounts is a stand-up guy. This is just sick.
Dave

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

This does sound like a hustle. Still I didn't see anywhere in the article where Curry denied the sexual harassment. Could be he just didn't feel it necessary to dignify with a response. On the other hand...
Dave

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

I just looked at the court transcript. I think judging by the lack of aggression we saw from Curry on the court we can pretty much say the lawsuit is a complete fabrication.
Get Real

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Driver spent time in jail for armed robbery.

Curry and his family are tied up and robbed at gunpoint.

Driver is the first to find them.

It sounds like the driver probably already got an extra payout he never deserved. Throw this case out.

“ChiliMac joins Topix!”

Since: Sep 08

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Get Real wrote:
Driver spent time in jail for armed robbery.
Curry and his family are tied up and robbed at gunpoint.
Driver is the first to find them.
It sounds like the driver probably already got an extra payout he never deserved. Throw this case out.
That part of the article left kind of a hole. It sounds like this guy was the first to be caught by the intruders and was tied up with the Curry family. Wish they had linked back to an origianl article.
blitherer

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

It's good to hear of a non-black guy standing up for his entitlement rights and pulling the race card for a change.
EverettDirksen

Meadview, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Perhaps Mr. Curry is on the "down low".

Indeed.
Bubba

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Obviously a racist, redneck, KKK, honky, neo-Nazi, Aryan Nation, segregationist white supremacist Republican just picking on poor little Eddie 'cause Obama won the election. But the race card works both ways.
Anglo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

blitherer wrote:
It's good to hear of a non-black guy standing up for his entitlement rights and pulling the race card for a change.
Speaking of race card, it's funny he lost the state title to a team named the Saxons.
Say No To Haters

Champaign, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

TftInChi wrote:
R U Joking: are you joking? People need to have jewish (or black, or hispanic, or [insert race or people here]) friends in order to be considered not racist? I don't have any Chinese friends. I guess I must hate the Chinese. Case closed. Lock me up.
Please.
Also, who's to say he isn't friends with his agent?
This whole lawsuit smacks of a hustle. This guy is obviously hard up for money and is trying to extort it from a rich basketball player who by all other accounts is a stand-up guy. This is just sick.
You racist. What did the Chinese ever do to you? Why you have to hate on a group when not one of them ever did anything to you. You are the scourge of the earth. You are what's wrong with this country.
John Morgan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

"Ironically, it was Kuchinsky who first encountered the intruders and was with Curry while he was robbed."

Given this gentlmans's prior history, maybe not do ironic.
glad he is gone

Lincolnshire, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Looks like we will finally see Mr. Curry show some aggressiveness, hustle and fight. Too bad it's not going to be energy put forth to what he's getting paid millions to do on a Bball court, instead he will be defending his character in this lawsuit. He. Is. A. Lazy. Alleged Basketball player!
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

this sh!t is crazy,for real.why is everybody acting like hes a criminal when hes the victum?
LordBizarre

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Say No To Haters wrote:
<quoted text>
You racist. What did the Chinese ever do to you? Why you have to hate on a group when not one of them ever did anything to you. You are the scourge of the earth. You are what's wrong with this country.
Wow. Someone needs to have the meaning of sarcasm explained to them. People like *you* who are ignorant and go around looking for discrimination where there is none is what is wrong with this country.
Jean Y

Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Say No To Haters wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? Haven't you ever heard of sarcasm?????
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

im not worried about this sh!t no more,i know he didnt do nothing,and hes not gay
marty

Lancaster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Yes, Eddy Curry is a bum on the court with no heart or passion for the game. But no, I don't think he's that much a creep commit the alleged behavior. It's a scam.
Bubba

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Tiffany wrote:
this **** is crazy,for real.why is everybody acting like hes a criminal when hes the victum?
Why is everyone acting like Curry is a criminal? Because Curry has ripped off basketball fans who have paid millions to watch his no-hustle a** wandering around lost on the basketball court. Most people who rip-off millions are considered criminals, not "victums". Buy a dictionary, Tif.. you need one.

Since: Jun 08

Lees Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Tiffany wrote:
i know he didnt do nothing
Double negative which means he DID do something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eddy Curry Discussions

Search the Eddy Curry Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
Former Bulls player Eddy Curry's Burr Ridge hom... (Jul '09) Jan '11 Obama 10
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••