Curry shows flashes of old form in wo...

Curry shows flashes of old form in workout

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 12, 2009, titled Curry shows flashes of old form in workout. In it, Newsday reports that:

Eddy Curry had sweat glistening off his forehead as he sprinted down the floor with a swift bounce.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mike

Matawan, NJ

#1 Jul 12, 2009
Alan, how much does Curry weigh now and what do the Knicks want him to coming to training camp at? Can someone on the beat get some actual numbers?
MsHarlemKnick

Bronx, NY

#3 Jul 12, 2009
Im glad they are puttinh their foot on Curry's neck. I wasnt a big fan of Curry but when he played his best in 2001 it opened my eyes i thought he would be even more hungy the next year but obviously Zack took over and Curry let him. We shall see i think we have a good squad and if the Miller trade goes down I would be excited cause we dont have to worry about andre killing us like he usually does.
Old Knick Fan

Piscataway, NJ

#4 Jul 13, 2009
Although losing 30 pounds is a big improvement, at 310-320 pounds, Curry is still too heavy. His "ideal" weight, I suspect should be at 280-290 pounds. If he can come in at about 300 pounds and develop a little desire, he will be a big asset to the Knicks either on the court or in a trade after showcasing him.
Jerry

Ocala, FL

#5 Jul 13, 2009
It's good that Eddy is trying to get in shape. Even if he does the Knicks still need an enforcer. Last year the Knicks picked up Sene a shot blocker who has a lot of potential. This year I think they should focus on picking up Dorsey from Houston. He can guard big centers, block shots and rebound. He is much like Ben Wallace and he wins. Also try picking up Tracy Mcgrady, just for a year. The Knicks would have a good chance to make a run at the playoffs if they can pick up those two players and get rid of Harrington
nycsobe

Miami Beach, FL

#6 Jul 13, 2009
i wonder why no one refers to his HUGE financial troubles. his house is getting repossesed, he has laready tapped out all paychaeck avances from the Knicks; he has a financial self-preservation incentive - which can be tremendous for us.

when he is rolling, i never seen a big man as graceful as he is. i really hope he seizes this chance to turn his life around. so many people wish they had a chance to get big NBA bucks to dig themselves out of a hole.
charles kozlowsky

Warren, NJ

#7 Jul 13, 2009
Good For Eddy And The Knicks. He Can Raise His Trade Value And Also Help Us Win Games Since We Dont Have A First Round Pick.
PHILL--BROOKLYN

New York, NY

#8 Jul 13, 2009
In all reality, I think Eddy could be a good fit for Born-Bron... He's good down low with the ball,He can just be the guy with good hands down low who can finish with ease when Born-Bron gets doubled.. Dont get me wrong, We need his money off the books so we can get "2" SUPERSTARS, But I know this guy has skills down low .!! And lets not forget about our PLAN.. If Curry looks good in the begining, trade him to Houston & bring back T*Mac for the saeson, Play him with AL,Gallo,Chandler & N8 For the rest of the saeson... Then 2010!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
News Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
News Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
News Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40