Stock of Knicks' Lee continues to rise

Stock of Knicks' Lee continues to rise

There are 26 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 15, 2009, titled Stock of Knicks' Lee continues to rise. In it, Newsday reports that:

The detractors kept saying David Lee wouldn't fit in the system, that he wasn't the type of player who could flourish in Mike D'Antoni 's up-tempo attack because he lacked an all-around game and his offensive ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#22 Jan 16, 2009
david has madd skills

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#24 Jan 21, 2009
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the Knicks strategy to get under the cap in 2010. If not 2 top FA's, 1 top FA + 2 solid players or solid trade(s) where a foundation can be built...
Every time I see Frederic Weis' name, I'll always remember what Ed Tapscott, the active GM of the Knicks at the time (Ernie Grunfeld was fired during that season) said why he picked Weis over Ron Artest. He said that Jerry West told me "Tap, if there's a choice between height and talent, always take the height because you can't teach height". Guess that shows Jerry West isn't always right about basketball players...
I had no problem with Channing Frye being drafted by the Knicks. I don't believe he was utilized correctly by Isiah Thomas...
actually Larry Brown was Frye's first coach. He played Frye, Lee and Robinson during the pre-season and then all 3 got a DNP- coaches decision, the first game. Later Lee was sitting so Brown could play guys like Mo Curry and Antonio Davis.... but I know it's all Isiah's fault. Believing that the any of the top FA's will leave their teams to come to the Knicks who have not seen the playoffs in 4 years takes a LOT of faith. Lebron will leave the team with the 3rd best record in the NBA for New York??!! The Suns and Toronto and Miami can all offer their own FA's maximum contracts. They can ALL outbid NY. Unless you believe that they would accept less money for the opportunity to play in NY (yea right).... again a lot of wishing and hoping in the grand plan of theirs...
Titan

Corona, NY

#25 Jan 21, 2009
Knicks should build a team around the likes of Lee. I'd take a guy who hussles and has heart over some of these other guys anyday.
Tiffany

United States

#26 Jan 21, 2009
their building the knicks around chris duhon,their best player,and leader

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#27 Jan 21, 2009
Titan wrote:
Knicks should build a team around the likes of Lee. I'd take a guy who hussles and has heart over some of these other guys anyday.
a lot of marginal players have heart and hustle.. What's impressive about Lee is that through hard work, he's improved on his weaknesses. His defender can't automatically leave him when he'a outside to double someone else any more.. Too bad they never gave another high energy guy, Balkman, the same chance..
Tiffany

United States

#28 Jan 21, 2009
chris have heart,hustle and swagg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
News Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
News Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
News Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
More from around the web