Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy not convin...

Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy not convinced series has been overly...

There are 3 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 9, 2009, titled Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy not convinced series has been overly.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

With suspensions and flagrant fouls seemingly running out of a tap during the first three games of their series, it might seem that referees are on alert to squash an impending eruption between Boston and Orlando.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Dave

Port Orange, FL

#1 May 10, 2009
The only real reason that Perkins was not suspended is because Boston has a thin front line already and the NBA wants to keep one of their marquee franchises in the series. It is BS! If you are a star like Kobe Bryant or a player on perennial power like Boston, you get one treatment. And if you are a journeymen point guard like Rafer Alston you get another. Alston's offensive slap was not near as the dangerous as the nearly 300 pound Perkins shoving his elbows towards Michael Pietrus's face.
Eddd

Annapolis, MD

#2 May 10, 2009
Howard may want to play Perkins, but it doesn't necessarily sound like he thinks Perkins didn't deserve a suspension.
Magic Rocks

Lakeland, FL

#3 May 10, 2009
Althoug I am not in favor of the ridiculuos suspensions I do believe the league must maintain consistency, Rafer lap was not bigger than the slam that Rajo Rondo did on Kirk Hainrich or the hit on Brad Miller. Rondo was not suspended on either one now we have Perkings with an elbow on Pietrus and yet no suspension is called. Although like I said I do not agree with suspending Perkins, Rafer and Dwight should of not be suspended either, yet TNT or ESPN did not showed up any highlights of Perkins but when Rafer did it it was all over the news. The NBA is loosing credibility with their actions and poor desicion making. Making a statement that the officials make a wrong call at the end of Dallas-Denver game does not change the factthat a referee itself made the desicion of sending Dallas home early. Come NBA, call the game fairly and treat the fans with respect ($ comes mostly from us).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddie House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House scores 35 points, Heat beat Raptors 97-79 (Apr '11) Apr '11 wezzy 1
News Wade, Heat continue insisting, 'We're fine' (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jee Moo 14
News Ask Ira: Should Heat have kept Dorell, Beasley? (Jan '11) Jan '11 tds 1
News What's so great about Heat? (Nov '10) Nov '10 GunnyGirl 1
News Millsap scores 46 points and Jazz rally from 22... (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
News Celts beat Heat 88-80 despite 31 from James (Oct '10) Oct '10 get real 1
News A Heat run at Bulls' win record: 'Preposterous'... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Consolidator 1
More from around the web