Celtics Fall Short In Big NBA Week

Full story: Hartford Courant

As he drove to work Thursday, Ray Allen got a text message from Kevin Garnett congratulating him on being selected to his ninth NBA All-Star Game.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Jermaine Rollins

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Why is Eddie House complaining about someone celebrating when he goes crazy everytime he does any little thing.Play d,shut up and remember you are just Eddie House,Mike Bibby's brother-inlaw.
Tiffany

Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

the celtics cant stand the fact that dey not da best anymo' ya feel me? This the Laker and Cav league straight up. I was trippin to even think the Heat be doin anything ya feel me?
Berliner80

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Ray has nothing to complain about, shooting only 9 of 21. The replays all showed the audience, as well as the announcers, that there was no foul by Fisher. And Boston got the benefit of the call before that, when Davis tripped Fisher into a Celtic player.

Ray also has nothing to cry about, considering he was holding Kobe all night. Great defense, whatever!

Boston bought their title last year. Too bad they won't get plast Cleveland to meet the Lakers in the finals again...
Summers

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Judged:

How did they buy a title by making trades? They didn't pick up KG as a free agent, they traded for him. They also traded for Ray.

Before the last miss, Ray was 9-20, or 45 percent. Kobe's career shooting percentage is 45 percent.
Peter

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

when is someone going to notice that Powe has a great game and Doc decides to play Big Baby after KG fouls out. It is the story of the game. Someone needs to ask management why Powe is being held out. Powe skills are exactly what the C's needed at the end of the game and OT. How come BB get chance after chance to get better and Powe continually gets overlooked for BB and Scal??? Something is not right and it cost the C's the game last night. Maybe Doc and Ainge have to hold back Powe's minutes for financial reasons? Someone should look into it.
Berliner80

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

My point was that the Celtics mortgaged their future by wanting to win it all last year. Garnett, Pierce and Allen are in the twilights of their careers. Look at how Al Jefferson is doing. A little more patience could have given them a longer window of success.

Of course, after you wait 22 years for a title, I guess you can afford to be impatient. Some dynasty!
Berliner80

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

And I LOVE it when we talk stats. Kobe and Ray have played the same number of NBA games -- 915 to 914. Kobe's shooting percentage is 45.5%, and Ray's is 44.8%. Ray is a fantastic shooter, but considering that Kobe is often double- and triple-teamed, I'd give him the nod.

And all I care about is titles.
Kobe=3 and counting
Ray=1
autoprt

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

the c's did the best thing by bringing in KG and Allen. They were close to losing Pierce who was tired of losing and they have definitely made Rondo and Perkins way better and the NBA is always better when their 2 oldest and most winning franchises are at the top.

All they have to do now is be smart and add players who can learn over the final 2-3 years left they will be here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eddie House Discussions

Search the Eddie House Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
House scores 35 points, Heat beat Raptors 97-79 (Apr '11) Apr '11 wezzy 1
Wade, Heat continue insisting, 'We're fine' (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jee Moo 14
Ask Ira: Should Heat have kept Dorell, Beasley? (Jan '11) Jan '11 tds 1
What's so great about Heat? (Nov '10) Nov '10 GunnyGirl 1
Millsap scores 46 points and Jazz rally from 22... (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
Celts beat Heat 88-80 despite 31 from James (Oct '10) Oct '10 get real 1
A Heat run at Bulls' win record: 'Preposterous'... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Consolidator 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••