NCAA: Michigan State beats No. 1 overall seed Louisville

There are 10 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 29, 2009, titled NCAA: Michigan State beats No. 1 overall seed Louisville. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

On one half of the court, Michigan State's Travis Walton strayed from his teammates' embraces to an isolated area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

ga illini alum

Savannah, GA

#1 Mar 29, 2009
THANK YOU MSU!!! from an Illinois alum and fan. I am so sick of listening to Espn and Fox and all the other sports talk venues bash the Big 10. Thanks so much for smashing the darlings of the BIG East in the mouth. I rooted just as hard for MO and I think they would have won if they could have gotten ahead. GO MSU and beat UCONN.
Bracketboyz

Plainfield, IL

#2 Mar 29, 2009
ga illini alum wrote:
THANK YOU MSU!!! from an Illinois alum and fan. I am so sick of listening to Espn and Fox and all the other sports talk venues bash the Big 10. Thanks so much for smashing the darlings of the BIG East in the mouth. I rooted just as hard for MO and I think they would have won if they could have gotten ahead. GO MSU and beat UCONN.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

The love affair for anything non Big 10 is a joke.

Even with 3 minutes to go and MSU up 15 the announcers were saying 'if MSU doesn't shoot well they aren't going to win this'.....PLEEEEEEEEEZE..they whipped the big bad beast of the Big Easy.
Quit

Hammond, IN

#3 Mar 29, 2009
Go Green....Go White
State fan

Roswell, GA

#4 Mar 29, 2009
Tom Izzo is the best of the best.
m garza

Oak Park, IL

#5 Mar 29, 2009
A quick thank you to Northwestern - who bugged the bleep out of Michigan State earlier in the year with their zone and forced State into a ton of turnovers (and beat them). They taught MSU a lesson and it paid off tonight.
scilla

United States

#6 Mar 30, 2009
happy happy joy joy
Ben

Montréal, Canada

#7 Mar 30, 2009
I agree, the Big 10 deserve more respect. The atmosphere in Detroit will be awesome for the Spartans. Spartans are the most balance team, they should win this.

-2009?
Dave

United States

#8 Mar 30, 2009
Way to go Sparty! Big Ten representing!
GA Illini alum

Savannah, GA

#9 Mar 30, 2009
Bracketboyz wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't have said it better myself.
The love affair for anything non Big 10 is a joke.
Even with 3 minutes to go and MSU up 15 the announcers were saying 'if MSU doesn't shoot well they aren't going to win this'.....PLEEEEEEEEEZE..they whipped the big bad beast of the Big Easy.
I heard that too and almost laughed out loud. Granted my beloved 2005 Illini did it to AZ, but MSU's defense was stiffling and AZ just was shell shocked by the ILLINI barrage.I never once thought for a minute Louisville could come back.
Saginaw

Sunnyvale, CA

#10 Mar 30, 2009
It was the Big East regular season champs vs the Big Ten regular season champs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Earl Clark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5
News Should the Los Angeles Lakers Sign Michael Beas... (Sep '13) Nov '13 Sam 11
News Could Lamar Odom Put Past Aside, Return to Los ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 1 Korean American 6
News LA Lakers' Dream Season Is Officially Dead (Feb '13) Mar '13 Ms Mack 31
News James Scores 32 More, Heat Top Lakers 107-97 (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sam 5
News Ensuring Howard's happiness is Magic's primary ... (May '11) May '11 bluee 2
News NBA Read & React: Huge trade between Magic and ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 x-nutmegger 1
More from around the web