NBA Extra: Is Dwyane Wade the world's best?

Nov 22, 2008 Full story: Palm Beach Post 15,622

After watching guard Dwyane Wade go off for an amazing 19-point fourth quarter against New Jersey last week, Pat Riley was convinced.

Full Story
First Prev
of 782
Next Last
Joe Smoove

Hoboken, NJ

#1 Nov 23, 2008
He is the best player in the world now. Just look at his numbers, they do not lie, put on top of that his clutch, he leads the league in 4th quarter scoring, and his incredible playmaking skills, looks to pass up until the last possible moment, keeping defenders at bay like I have never witnessed before.
He pads the overall stat line like no other. Just look it up and the answer is clear, do not believe the talking heads at ESPN and NBA.com , they are partners with Nike. Just look compare his 4th quarters to anyone elses, period.
He went from "can he come back from surgery" to "can he be the FInals MVP Wade again" to "He is not only better than pre-surgery, he is better than anyone else in the NBA and globally. His defense is riduculous,
Joe
Kenny

Auburn, WA

#2 Nov 29, 2008
Joe Smoove wrote:
He is the best player in the world now. Just look at his numbers, they do not lie, put on top of that his clutch, he leads the league in 4th quarter scoring, and his incredible playmaking skills, looks to pass up until the last possible moment, keeping defenders at bay like I have never witnessed before.
He pads the overall stat line like no other. Just look it up and the answer is clear, do not believe the talking heads at ESPN and NBA.com , they are partners with Nike. Just look compare his 4th quarters to anyone elses, period.
He went from "can he come back from surgery" to "can he be the FInals MVP Wade again" to "He is not only better than pre-surgery, he is better than anyone else in the NBA and globally. His defense is riduculous,
Joe
He leads the NBA in 4th quarter scoring because he has to play the 4th quarter. Lebron and Kobe have barely even had to play at all in the 4th quarters this year, his help defense is good but compare it to Kobes on ball defense he is subpar in comparison, and he has no point guard so he is handling the ball 90% of the time as compared to Lebron and Kobe who have point guards, Lebron has a better FG% and averages less turnovers, grabs more boards and is more versatile on offense and defense, so ill give you 3rd best but Kobe and then lebron are the best players in the world right now.
Kenny

Auburn, WA

#3 Nov 29, 2008
Joe Smoove wrote:
Joe
oh yea and just so you know, since you seem to be igonorant... Converse is owned by Nike so there goes that weakass statement, and nobody except that homo at espn Skip bayless aND THAT WASHUP cHARLES bARKLEY thinks he is better then lebron or Kobe. lEBRON LAST YEAR HAD A BETTER YEAR THEN WADE IS THIS YEAR.
Joe Smoove

Hoboken, NJ

#4 Dec 2, 2008
Sorry dude, Wade has more blocks than Lebron, more steals, more assists, more clutch. Lebron is a King with no crown, that makes me laugh. I know Converse owns Nike asshole, they just do not promote it for a reason fool. Watch the game, do not believe the hype. Wade has done things that Lebron wishes to, He flopped in the finals, go SWEPT, that alone should make you shut up. Wade had the greatest Finals performance ever, go to nba,com/2006 finals. He was hurt fool. If you are telling me that Bron plays better D than Wade, you are retarded.

And another thing to all that say that DWade was not the best player on Team USA. You guys are dicks, did you not see the games for yourself? He shot 72% from the field you idiots. Let me end with this: Where the hell was Lebron in the Gold Medal game? Where. He kept on saying that they were going to bring home gold but he was in foul trouble. Had it not been for DWade's 20pt first half and his game clinching 3pointer in the 4th, there would be no gold idiots.

Learn the game fools!...
WadeFan

El Segundo, CA

#5 Dec 3, 2008
I absolutely agree with Joe on everything he said.
No question whatsoever in my mind: Wade is (if not was) the BEST out there, and what's frightening to the rest of NBA is, he is yet getting better every season. Just look at his numbers this season and compare them to the earlier years.
He is still pushing the limits to improve himself. I have no doubt in my mind that he is going to be the next Jordan in NBA, and not just for his tremendous Basketball skills either.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#6 Dec 5, 2008
Joe Smoove wrote:
Sorry dude, Wade has more blocks than Lebron, more steals, more assists, more clutch. Lebron is a King with no crown, that makes me laugh. I know Converse owns Nike asshole, they just do not promote it for a reason fool. Watch the game, do not believe the hype. Wade has done things that Lebron wishes to, He flopped in the finals, go SWEPT, that alone should make you shut up. Wade had the greatest Finals performance ever, go to nba,com/2006 finals. He was hurt fool. If you are telling me that Bron plays better D than Wade, you are retarded.
And another thing to all that say that DWade was not the best player on Team USA. You guys are dicks, did you not see the games for yourself? He shot 72% from the field you idiots. Let me end with this: Where the hell was Lebron in the Gold Medal game? Where. He kept on saying that they were going to bring home gold but he was in foul trouble. Had it not been for DWade's 20pt first half and his game clinching 3pointer in the 4th, there would be no gold idiots.
Learn the game fools!...
ya he had no help in the finals, WADE'S heat won 18 games last year, 18! He played alot of the year and thats it, in the east 18. OMG it was Kobe's game clinching 3 pointer in the 4th embarrassing u IDIOT, and if you watched all the games you saw LEbron leading the team, you saw lebron playing PG, SG, SF, PF and Center. not d wade, Lebron averaged more points, assists, rebounds and steals in the olympics. Lebron is 6ft8 and plays small forward and has a career average of more assists then D wade who is a pg/sg. and one more time IT WAS KOBE WHO HIT THE CLINCHING 3 IN THE 4TH QUARTER. D WADE WAS HITN IN THE 1ST HALF.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#7 Dec 5, 2008
WadeFan wrote:
I absolutely agree with Joe on everything he said.
No question whatsoever in my mind: Wade is (if not was) the BEST out there, and what's frightening to the rest of NBA is, he is yet getting better every season. Just look at his numbers this season and compare them to the earlier years.
He is still pushing the limits to improve himself. I have no doubt in my mind that he is going to be the next Jordan in NBA, and not just for his tremendous Basketball skills either.
This is his best year as a pro, i do agree. But look at lebron last year... Better numbers in Pts, rebounds, and close in assists and Fg%. While Lebron was taking the celtics to the brink of game 7 with his 45 point performance on a defense that locked down kobe in the finals, D wade was sittin at home waiting to c what lottery pick they got
kenny

Auburn, WA

#8 Dec 5, 2008
Joe Smoove wrote:
Learn the game fools!...
Since you seem to only want to compare this years stats as opposed to career then thats fine. TO DATE:

Lebron James
PPG 27.4
RPG 7.1
APG 6.3
SPG 2.1
BPG 0.9
FG% 0.491
FT% 0.787
3P% 0.271
MPG 35.3

Dwayne WADE
PPG 28.4
RPG 4.9
APG 7.7
SPG 2.4
BPG 1.7
FG% 0.491
FT% 0.763
3P% 0.267
MPG 36.8

So as you can see Wade is averaging just 1 more point on 1 more shot, if Lebron takes that shot there is a 50/50 chance he will make it considering there FG% is exactly the same, so if he makes it then he is averaging 1 more then wade. Add in that lebron hasnt played the 4th quarter for 6 strt games therefore Wade is averaging 1.5 more minutes then lebron. Wade is averaging 2.4 stls to lebrons 2.1 in more minutes. Lebron is averaging 2 more rebounds yet only averaging 1 less assist then D wade and i remind you Lebron is 6ft8 and is averaging 6.3 assists. and his FT% and 3PT% is better then wades and FG% is the same. So what about your stats now?
Dell-Youngest LakersFan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Dec 5, 2008
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Who ever made this topix up should be ashmed of theirseleves. Wade has flaws in his game. Free throw shooting and three point shootig. Also Kobe and Lebron are better than him.

Since: Dec 08

Auburn, WA

#10 Dec 6, 2008
Dell-Youngest LakersFan wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Who ever made this topix up should be ashmed of theirseleves. Wade has flaws in his game. Free throw shooting and three point shootig. Also Kobe and Lebron are better than him.
Finally...another wise soul
Dell-Youngest Lakers Fan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Dec 6, 2008
the fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally...another wise soul
Thanks bro. All of these other idiots are just blind to the facts.
MIA HooLigan

Miami, FL

#12 Dec 6, 2008
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
ya he had no help in the finals, WADE'S heat won 18 games last year, 18! He played alot of the year and thats it, in the east 18. OMG it was Kobe's game clinching 3 pointer in the 4th embarrassing u IDIOT, and if you watched all the games you saw LEbron leading the team, you saw lebron playing PG, SG, SF, PF and Center. not d wade, Lebron averaged more points, assists, rebounds and steals in the olympics. Lebron is 6ft8 and plays small forward and has a career average of more assists then D wade who is a pg/sg. and one more time IT WAS KOBE WHO HIT THE CLINCHING 3 IN THE 4TH QUARTER. D WADE WAS HITN IN THE 1ST HALF.
You do realize that last year, Wade was playing injured for most of the season and still managed to be 5th leading scorer in the entire NBA(for a few weeks)? Serious injuries too....hence everyones claims.. "HIS BACK"...And in the Olympics....yes he was the leading scorer the entire olympic. ESPN even mention that if there was to be an MVP award for Team USA, Wade would've taken it hands down. He did this while being a bench player. And sense some of you like to bring up past years....What about 2006 when he got the ring and Later on Kobe, Lebron CHOKED! Wade when healthy IS the best player in the NBA.
The fed

Auburn, WA

#13 Dec 6, 2008
[QUOTE who=IA HooLigan"]<quoted text>
You do realize that last year, Wade was playing injured for most of the season and still managed to be 5th leading scorer in the entire NBA(for a few weeks)? Serious injuries too....hence everyones claims.. "HIS BACK"...And in the Olympics....yes he was the leading scorer the entire olympic. ESPN even mention that if there was to be an MVP award for Team USA, Wade would've taken it hands down. He did this while being a bench player. And sense some of you like to bring up past years....What about 2006 when he got the ring and Later on Kobe, Lebron CHOKED! Wade when healthy IS the best player in the NBA.[/QUOTE]
NA man Lebron didnt choke... he was being double teamed at the 3 point line by the best team in basketball, and D wade says this is the best he has ever been, look at the numbers... last year when lebron was in the same position he was averaging more points, more rebounds and the same shooting percentage close to the same assists too... D wade had shaq in the finals who was drawing double teams all day long, and lebron has some of the best playoff performances ever, 26 straight points in 4th qtr/ot, 45 in game 7 vs the Celtics(again the best D in the league). Lebron was the team captain and was running the team on offense and D. it doesnt matter he was the leading scorer, people nash wasnt the leading scorer when he won MVP... And injured or not 18 wins in the east is an embarrassment, not to add in the fact that Lebron is better and he is only 23, d wade is 26. the only 2 things wade does better than lebron is HELP defense and mid-range jumper. LBJ is one of the Best defenses in the league and everyone knows how garbage Mo williams D was in milwaukee, how bad wally sczerbiak, sasha and daniel gibson are on D, not to mention that they have a backcourt rotation of 3 players who are 6 ft 3 and under... Lebron runs that defense in case you didnt know, in the olympics lebron played everyposition on the floor.
Dell-Youngest LakersFan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Dec 7, 2008
MIA HooLigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that last year, Wade was playing injured for most of the season and still managed to be 5th leading scorer in the entire NBA(for a few weeks)? Serious injuries too....hence everyones claims.. "HIS BACK"...And in the Olympics....yes he was the leading scorer the entire olympic. ESPN even mention that if there was to be an MVP award for Team USA, Wade would've taken it hands down. He did this while being a bench player. And sense some of you like to bring up past years....What about 2006 when he got the ring and Later on Kobe, Lebron CHOKED! Wade when healthy IS the best player in the NBA.
Please get off the Wade and Heat bandwagon.
Joe Smoove

Hoboken, NJ

#15 Dec 9, 2008
Hey Foolio,

Wade led the team in scoring and steals IDIOT! What chanel were you watching? DWade hit the CLINCHING 3 pointer asshole! Look at who is leading the NBA in scoring and who is having the MVP year so far fool. Did you see the DUNK on Okafor? He has the most 35+ points in the league, the most 40+ games and has more block shots that Yao Ming and Shaq!

Learn the facts hater!
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Smoove

Hoboken, NJ

#16 Dec 9, 2008
How many Finals Wins does Lebron have? How many Rings?
You stats do not mention Wade missed 31 games in each of the last 2 years, imagine his numbers if he had not.

Also, what about his CLUTCH? Lebron need to be Clutch before you can put him in the same sentence. Lebron has great playoff games, Wade has great playoff SERIES.

Also, update your stats, It is Dec. 9th. Wade leads Lebron by 3 full points and has THE DUNK OF THE YEAR so far.
Celticsfan33

Boston, MA

#17 Dec 9, 2008
That is Totaly rong Wade has thousands of weak points Althought he is a great player Lebron, Kobe, Vince Carter(maybe) are better in there all around games And Lebron James is a one man show... It makes it much harder to score. Wade has other good players to help him...
James is the only thing the cavs have, they are a young team and Lebron will become throught time if he isn't already better than Dwane Wade.
joesmoove

Teterboro, NJ

#18 Dec 10, 2008
To Celticfan33, you are a dick! How does Miami have a better team than the Cavs? Wade is the one man show you fool.

All you idiots need to learn the game. I am not from Miami, I am from The Bronx so my choice of Wade being the best in the world is not biased, just Facts fools.
MIA HooLigan

Miami, FL

#19 Dec 10, 2008
Dell-Youngest LakersFan wrote:
<quoted text>Please get off the Wade and Heat bandwagon.
Get off Kobe's or better yet Wade's hate wagon. You simply stated " Kobe and Lebron are better then wade" with no facts. At least the other guy is giving a legit argument. Kobe and Lebron both have flaws in their game. Both think they're the next Jordan. xD haha.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#20 Dec 10, 2008
Lebron has had the worse team for his entire career up until this year, so ur a dick.... lebron was in the same position as d wade last year and up better numbers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 782
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwyane Wade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dwyane Wade: Can D-Wade Take Home His First NBA... (Mar '11) Aug '14 tmt 7
NBA Trade News: Philadelphia 76ers' Evan Turner... (Dec '13) Jul '14 Anonymous 2
LeBron James leads Heat offense in 114-96 Game ... (May '13) Jul '14 where 3
Michael Beasley Quickly Becoming Impossible to ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 dfsg 2
LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' Jul '14 Fans 4
Wade, Bosh tell Heat they will become free agents Jul '14 sbh 2
Wade on LeBron: 'We are champions' Jul '14 shenmengxing 4
More from around the web