Which Orlando Magic player might be moved in the NBA draft?

You say the Orlando Magic could make some trades tonight, but who exactly might be in play? With the exception of Dwight Howard , Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson , just about everybody else is in play tonight in a bid to clear enough payroll space to re-sign Hedo Turkoglu . Full Story
Do You Believe In Magic92

Valdosta, GA

#1 Jun 24, 2009
I want Turk back,but if he wants anything more than 9 mill a yr.,I say let him go....better players in 2010 anyways,and beside,ORL already has 3 all-stars,we need more role players,specifically ones that can rebound,aswell as having a mid-range shot,like a Antwaan Jamison....dont need another star on the team,cause theres already not enough rotation too keep everyone happy.....
CSG

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jun 24, 2009
The Magic have to do something this offseason. If the cavs with shaq turn out to be as good as they can be, lets just say we wont look so good. On the other hand, Shaq is another player on that team that is too slow to guard Dwight. Im going to be more concerned with Dwight getting in foul trouble while guarding him. I know Otis isn't going to do anything more than a microscopic upgrade from last year (if we sign turk) so Im a little scared.
Sean Reaves

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jun 25, 2009
I do think we need to make a move. I honestly do not want Turk for 10 million dollars. That is way too much, and to CSG.. Dwight had 5.4 fouls against Cleveland in the playoffs.. Foul trouble will always be a problem as long as Lebron James is crab dribbling threw the lane gettin fouls every play..

Orlando needs to make some sort of move.. A sign and trade of Hedo is necessary in my opinion...

Im also thinking of Rashard Lewis for Tracy McGrady. The rockets had major interest in Rashard Lewis before he came to Orlando.. Adding Rashard Lewis for the Rockets would be a GREAT move in my opinion. More outside shooters, a decent defender.. They can play inside out with Yao, and at SF Shard will have plenty of mismatches.
fanofthemagic

Denver, CO

#4 Jun 25, 2009
Point Guard _ Nelson
Shooting Guard _ Pietrus
Small Forward _ Lewis
Power Forward _ BOSH
Center _ Howard

Bench Lee, Redick, Johnson, Gortat,
Draft pick, 2 free agents and We are set.
kajet

Gdynia, Poland

#5 Jun 25, 2009
The thing is, fanofthemagic:
- how do they get a draft pick,
- how do they get Bosh!?!?
Sean Reaves

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jun 25, 2009
kajet wrote:

IM thinkin that he is sayin trade Hedo, Battie, and Alston for Bosh in a side and trade..Those are the 3 players missin from his lineup.. idk how we get a draft pick.. I do think the Raptors would do that without the Pick though. and honestly we dont need a pick and im sure Bosh would sign for like 17 to 18 million to play with Dwight..

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#7 Jun 25, 2009
Mehmut Okur!!!!

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#8 Jun 25, 2009
Sean Reaves wrote:
I do think we need to make a move. I honestly do not want Turk for 10 million dollars. That is way too much, and to CSG.. Dwight had 5.4 fouls against Cleveland in the playoffs.. Foul trouble will always be a problem as long as Lebron James is crab dribbling threw the lane gettin fouls every play..
Orlando needs to make some sort of move.. A sign and trade of Hedo is necessary in my opinion...
Im also thinking of Rashard Lewis for Tracy McGrady. The rockets had major interest in Rashard Lewis before he came to Orlando.. Adding Rashard Lewis for the Rockets would be a GREAT move in my opinion. More outside shooters, a decent defender.. They can play inside out with Yao, and at SF Shard will have plenty of mismatches.
McGrady?

Rashard has missing 4 games in the past 2 years banging against true PF bigger than him.

McGrady has PLAYED 4 games in the past 2 years! Seriously, T-Mac has missed 63 regular season games the past 2 seasons.
Johnnyboy

Oviedo, FL

#9 Jun 25, 2009
Why the heck would we trade Lewis for Tracy? I'd take his cousin Vince Carter over him any day. There are certain players I think we as fans could accept coming back. Grant and Ariza for example, but Tracy, no way!
mizz

Tampa, FL

#10 Jun 25, 2009
fanofthemagic wrote:
Point Guard _ Nelson
Shooting Guard _ Pietrus
Small Forward _ Lewis
Power Forward _ BOSH
Center _ Howard
Bench Lee, Redick, Johnson, Gortat,
Draft pick, 2 free agents and We are set.
I like this lineup, although I doubt we'll ever see Bosh in a magic uniform. Magic definetly need to make some upgrade to compete with the Cavs next year with Shaq and I dont think signing Hedo will do it.
fanofthemagic

United States

#11 Jun 25, 2009
kajet wrote:
Battie or rights to Fran Vazquez gets you the draft choice.

Sign Turk to 10M per year and trade him with Rafer for Bosh.

If that is not good ENOUGH TRADE THEN Sign and trade Turk and Rafer to the Kings for Andres Nocioni and Ike Diogu.
Jay

Orlando, FL

#12 Jun 25, 2009
Grant stole the money and mcgrady earned it here..
Craig

Orlando, FL

#13 Jun 25, 2009
Johnnyboy wrote:
Why the heck would we trade Lewis for Tracy? I'd take his cousin Vince Carter over him any day. There are certain players I think we as fans could accept coming back. Grant and Ariza for example, but Tracy, no way!
I'll say, ME-Mac will be a free agent next year anyway and he just had microfracture surgery, which not many player return well from. But I would never want Grant Hill back on our team after what he did, take $93 million in which he earned only 30% of and bascially ran in "pursuit" of a title. Yeah, how close did he get to that, hahahahaha.
edgar lugo

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#14 Jun 25, 2009
Men i really dont know what you guys see in jameer nelson a point guard with only 5"10 doesnt have good defense, and making a lot of money 6M this yar and risin in the next years.personally dont think we can reach the finals with him in the regular season he plays well but is different in the playoff is believe we has to move him and battie too,reddick,theres islike 18.5M that you can sign hedo and we really need some power helping dwigt, rasheed is on market and boozer too that the priority let pass the page on nelson pleaseeeeeeee
BKG

Collierville, TN

#15 Jun 25, 2009
Edgar is a basketball nut, obviously! AMEN, bruh! People for years have talked about JJ not being able to play defense, but I've ALWAYS said "we can't tell, but we KNOW Jameer can't play any either", and that was shown in the Finals. Yeah, people say he was hurt, but I've always said if you're hurt or tired, you don't shoot the ball either if you're not going to play defense, but he dern sure shot it. We need Rasheed in the short-term. Do you guys remember how "emotionless" other than whining we were? All the loose balls, weak fouls that were opps for 3-point plays? U get a vet w/ attitude like 'Sheed on your squad, then play Battie more (unlike this season), and things change.
Aron

Orlando, FL

#16 Jun 25, 2009
It's not secert that we won't make it back to the Finals with the same lineup. If we have to wait until 2010, then so be it.
Genius At Work

AOL

#17 Jun 25, 2009
Gotta give up Redick somehow. That way where ever he goes he can become a Magic Killer just like all the others that have been with the magic and been traded. Latest case in point Trevor Ariza.

Once they get rid of Redick and Gortat goes on too a Big Payday then Turk can be the Magics token whitedude. But once Turk gets that bigger contract he wont play much. He will be hurt alot or have the Turkish Flu or a headache, whatever. I look ahead to see a totally black Magic team if not next year the year after.

That alone will assure the Magic fans that they will Never Win a Championship Title.
tony

Charlotte, NC

#18 Jun 25, 2009
reddick has zero trade value after his horrendous shooting this year...especially in the playoffs...not many teams have a need for a guy who can't play D or O. Best to hold onto him for a possible mid season trade throw in since his contract is expiring. Sign and trade Hedo for a pick and a legit power forward then use the pick to get one of the young pgs in this draft. I would try to hold onto Gortat if possible as well and get rid of Battie
Mike

United States

#19 Jun 25, 2009
If this is true, I am angry. Don't give up Lee, that is nuts! http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story...
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#20 Jun 25, 2009
NO NO NO NO NO NO. YOU DONT TRADE AN UPCOMING ALL STAR WITH HIS WHOLE CAREER AHEAD OF HIM FOR A HAS BEEN ONE WHO DOESNT EVEN TRY ON THE COURT. Vince Carter, as good and as gifted as he might be does not try out there. Sad for him and maybe if he had a better reputation I would think more of him but even so. No way you trade a guy who in 2 years is almost a sure all star for one who in 2 years is a bench player with barely anything left.

If Orlando makes this deal I may never forgive them. I cant believe this is even being considered. Lee will only improve, Hes a damn rookie. Dwight loves him almost as much as he loves Jameer Nelson and he will not take this news well. This better not happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwight Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chand... Sep 14 egrg 131
Where Free Agent LeBron James Will Take His Tal... Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
Reconnecting with estranged father would comple... (Dec '10) Jul '14 Morganza Man 2
Chandler Parsons' Contract Looms over Critical ... May '14 OneGuy 7
Lakers Playoffs? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jamshid 1
Togetherness Taking Hold as Los Angeles Lakers ... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Wow 2
Chicago Bulls vs. Los Angeles Lakers: Preview, ... (Mar '13) Aug '13 Sam 3
•••
•••

Dwight Howard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••