Magic's Howard strongly considering c...

Magic's Howard strongly considering career overseas

There are 9 comments on the WGN-TV Chicago story from Jul 17, 2011, titled Magic's Howard strongly considering career overseas. In it, WGN-TV Chicago reports that:

Dwight Howard 's frustration with the NBA lockout has caused the Orlando Magic star to strongly consider playing overseas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGN-TV Chicago.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#2 Jul 19, 2011
The more star players who opt to play overseas next season the better. Only this will force the owners into protecting their investments and stop this wreckless lock-out.

China has enough money to pay every all-star in the league to play there. That would be the ultimate slap to David Stern's face! Right now, ever high-powered agent in the league is shopping their player's services elsewhere, with the full blessing of the NBAPA!

More power to them. The owners made this bed, let them suffer. I have no sympathy!

If Stern is so concerned about his "legacy," then he should be about reigning in the owners who have abused and continue to abuse the system THEY created.

Screw them! I can root for D.Howard via satelite TV!
WOW

Seattle, WA

#3 Jul 19, 2011
MarkL5 wrote:
The more star players who opt to play overseas next season the better. Only this will force the owners into protecting their investments and stop this wreckless lock-out.
China has enough money to pay every all-star in the league to play there. That would be the ultimate slap to David Stern's face! Right now, ever high-powered agent in the league is shopping their player's services elsewhere, with the full blessing of the NBAPA!
More power to them. The owners made this bed, let them suffer. I have no sympathy!
If Stern is so concerned about his "legacy," then he should be about reigning in the owners who have abused and continue to abuse the system THEY created.
Screw them! I can root for D.Howard via satelite TV!
The money's NOT there DUMMY ! If/when the player/owners learn to work together, things could be fine. It take both side to make it work and players MAKE TOO MUCH ! When Miami pays HUGE, to watch LeBron take the 4th quarter off the ENTIRE finals......Let's just say, Cuban was the ONLY happy owner that week !

United States

#4 Jul 20, 2011
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>The money's NOT there DUMMY ! If/when the player/owners learn to work together, things could be fine. It take both side to make it work and players MAKE TOO MUCH ! When Miami pays HUGE, to watch LeBron take the 4th quarter off the ENTIRE finals......Let's just say, Cuban was the ONLY happy owner that week !
He're the problem...

The money IS there, you are just the SUCKER that buys the propaganda the league is throwing out there. If the money was not there, the checks would not be written. It's a simple as that.

In the las CBA the NBA had the following in place:

The Mid-Level Exception
The Larry Bird Exception
The Bi-Annual Exception
The The Non-Bird Exception
The The Traded Player Exception
The Disabled Player Exception
The Minimum Player Exception

NBA Team also have a LUXURY TAX for those teams who wish to exceed their SOFT Salary Cap.

Any team in the NBA can use any of the above mentioined exception, AND pay the luxury tax. In other words Melvin, if you have a team that make more money in external revenue, you have more money to AFFORD the exceptions. The teams that can afford the best free-agents and remain competitve on a yearly basis.

We are not talking about Milwakee, or Minnesota here. We are talking about teams that consistanly contend for titles. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule like San Antonio, but they have one of the best front offices in the NBA. Small market teams that win championships seldom repeat and rarely get a chance to win another for quite some time (see Portland).

What the NBA wishes to do is simple: Dismantle the system THEY put in place. The arguement is not against the players really, the arguement is against big market teams vs. small market teams. The Players Association has reccomented REVENUE SHARING for years to the League. It works for the NFL! Why do you think a team like Green Bay just won a championship?

Problem is big market teams in the NBA would lose their competitive balance if they had to share their revenues with the little brothers. The MONEY IS THERE DUMMY, the NBA just does not wish to divy up the booty like the NFL does!

The next time to care to call somebody dummy, do your F'in homework first!
j-dog

Kansas City, MO

#5 Jul 20, 2011
goodby you are already rich
WOW

Seattle, WA

#6 Jul 20, 2011
MarkL5 wrote:
<quoted text>
He're the problem...
The money IS there, you are just the SUCKER that buys the propaganda the league is throwing out there. If the money was not there, the checks would not be written. It's a simple as that.
In the las CBA the NBA had the following in place:
The Mid-Level Exception
The Larry Bird Exception
The Bi-Annual Exception
The The Non-Bird Exception
The The Traded Player Exception
The Disabled Player Exception
The Minimum Player Exception
NBA Team also have a LUXURY TAX for those teams who wish to exceed their SOFT Salary Cap.
Any team in the NBA can use any of the above mentioined exception, AND pay the luxury tax. In other words Melvin, if you have a team that make more money in external revenue, you have more money to AFFORD the exceptions. The teams that can afford the best free-agents and remain competitve on a yearly basis.
We are not talking about Milwakee, or Minnesota here. We are talking about teams that consistanly contend for titles. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule like San Antonio, but they have one of the best front offices in the NBA. Small market teams that win championships seldom repeat and rarely get a chance to win another for quite some time (see Portland).
What the NBA wishes to do is simple: Dismantle the system THEY put in place. The arguement is not against the players really, the arguement is against big market teams vs. small market teams. The Players Association has reccomented REVENUE SHARING for years to the League. It works for the NFL! Why do you think a team like Green Bay just won a championship?
Problem is big market teams in the NBA would lose their competitive balance if they had to share their revenues with the little brothers. The MONEY IS THERE DUMMY, the NBA just does not wish to divy up the booty like the NFL does!
The next time to care to call somebody dummy, do your F'in homework first!
WOW ! I should apologize to ALL DUMMIES ! Your spelling, makes you several evolutionary rungs lower than dummies ! Fact remains, the NBA pays the best in a poor world economy and the players are OVERPAID NOW ! Doesn't help EVERY player, is a PR NIGHTMARE, GANGSTA, WANNABEE, PUNK ! Please tell me, you're not a bro wannabee, typing during working hours on your company computer !!! THOUGHT SO !......

Daytona Beach, FL

#7 Jul 20, 2011
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>WOW ! I should apologize to ALL DUMMIES ! Your spelling, makes you several evolutionary rungs lower than dummies ! Fact remains, the NBA pays the best in a poor world economy and the players are OVERPAID NOW ! Doesn't help EVERY player, is a PR NIGHTMARE, GANGSTA, WANNABEE, PUNK ! Please tell me, you're not a bro wannabee, typing during working hours on your company computer !!! THOUGHT SO !......
If you don't want to pay them, don't go to games, self-righeous idiot.

Spelled: I D I O T. Look Ma, no spell-check!

“Blue & Cream”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9 Jul 25, 2011
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>WOW ! I should apologize to ALL DUMMIES ! Your spelling, makes you several evolutionary rungs lower than dummies ! Fact remains, the NBA pays the best in a poor world economy and the players are OVERPAID NOW ! Doesn't help EVERY player, is a PR NIGHTMARE, GANGSTA, WANNABEE, PUNK ! Please tell me, you're not a bro wannabee, typing during working hours on your company computer !!! THOUGHT SO !......
Yo, relax.
p magnet

Manchester, KY

#11 Jul 26, 2011
If he is already this sure. He's more than likely gonna.

Since: Sep 11

Provo, UT

#12 Sep 13, 2011
I still have a hard time believing that there will be a lockout. I think it will end in time for there to be basketball in America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwight Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magic's success against Cleveland's one-man sho... (May '09) Jun 15 tom wingo 177
News Jeremy Lin on demotion Mar '15 mike tirico 13
News NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chand... (May '14) Sep '14 cavas 132
News Where Free Agent LeBron James Will Take His Tal... (Jun '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Reconnecting with estranged father would comple... (Dec '10) Jul '14 Morganza Man 2
News Chandler Parsons' Contract Looms over Critical ... (May '14) May '14 OneGuy 7
News Lakers Playoffs? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jamshid 1
More from around the web