Bulls pick up rare road win

Rookie Derrick Rose scored 17 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, and Luol Deng had 16 points and 14 rebounds in his return to the starting lineup in the Bulls' 102-98 victory over Toronto on Wednesday ... Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

West Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 14, 2009
Go Rose. Boo the rest of this team.
RKA

Collegeville, PA

#2 Jan 14, 2009
Larry's best Bulls game ever. Nailed to the bench. Great game Rose and Deng
RoseAloneWontDoI t

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 14, 2009
All you Rose philes seem to overlook e salient fact: the Bulls are in the NBA, not the NCAA. Since the Bulls started their championship run, there have been some good teams with a traditional point guard as the best player, but no championship teams. Champions either had the best two guard and one of the best small forwards of all time, or quality big men - either at center: Hakeem, O'Neal (both had good two guards and a power forward to boot) - or at power forward: Sheed, Duncan, Garnett. Parker made San Antonio better. San Antonio without Duncan does not even make the playoffs. And San Antonio runs every play that counts around Duncan, not Parker. As we know from prior Bulls drafts, good big men are pretty hard to come by. Point guards, not so tough to find. Heck, even Duhon can put up decent numbers consistently in the right system.
Anon

Schaumburg, IL

#4 Jan 14, 2009
Nice, but let's see if they can win the next two. Go Bulls!
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 14, 2009
Whew! That was a nasty performance by Rose! I am liking more and more the way the Bulls are looking with Hinrich and Deng back. It has only been two games, but they are both making a bigger difference than I originally thought they would. I enjoyed the many sequences of great ball movement in the offense displayed through much of the game.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#6 Jan 14, 2009
RoseAloneWontDoIt wrote:
All you Rose philes seem to overlook e salient fact: the Bulls are in the NBA, not the NCAA. Since the Bulls started their championship run, there have been some good teams with a traditional point guard as the best player, but no championship teams. Champions either had the best two guard and one of the best small forwards of all time, or quality big men - either at center: Hakeem, O'Neal (both had good two guards and a power forward to boot)- or at power forward: Sheed, Duncan, Garnett. Parker made San Antonio better. San Antonio without Duncan does not even make the playoffs. And San Antonio runs every play that counts around Duncan, not Parker. As we know from prior Bulls drafts, good big men are pretty hard to come by. Point guards, not so tough to find. Heck, even Duhon can put up decent numbers consistently in the right system.
okay so now you have the guard you were talking about. you just need the big man. what big man were you gonna get instead of rose?
Dalibar Bagaric

Wauconda, IL

#7 Jan 14, 2009
Hey, somebode pleez get Erin Grey out of da concrete jim shoes. Poor guy can knot move out of his own weigh. Den, poor guy gets head-butted by Bosh and gashed. Go, Bulls, go Paxun. Time 2 traid for more talunt. Ken nut wate for det grate sports-kester nada surf to post and elucidate we commentators. He so smart; so humble; so full uf himself. oh, time for tiff to come on an complane why no larry tonite, why no larry but why bulls no loose?
RKA

Collegeville, PA

#8 Jan 14, 2009
RoseAloneWontDoIt wrote:
All you Rose philes seem to overlook e salient fact: the Bulls are in the NBA, not the NCAA. Since the Bulls started their championship run, there have been some good teams with a traditional point guard as the best player, but no championship teams. Champions either had the best two guard and one of the best small forwards of all time, or quality big men - either at center: Hakeem, O'Neal (both had good two guards and a power forward to boot)- or at power forward: Sheed, Duncan, Garnett. Parker made San Antonio better. San Antonio without Duncan does not even make the playoffs. And San Antonio runs every play that counts around Duncan, not Parker. As we know from prior Bulls drafts, good big men are pretty hard to come by. Point guards, not so tough to find. Heck, even Duhon can put up decent numbers consistently in the right system.
We all know rose alone isn't going to win all by himself, but i guess you thought you just sat it and shock the forum...oh well. And yeah great point guards are a dime a dozen, there is a Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose in every draft.
Mike in South Loop

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 14, 2009
Someone tell me what Luol Deng does? What does he provide? He is a black hole?

Didn't the Bulls stumble when he started to dribble the ball and it's getting embarrassing when decides to dribble. I'm not sure how Del Negro will decide to handle playing time with Sefolosha playing well, and Hughes racking up a DNP, but this team will undergo some growing pains in the next couple of weeks.

http://stillbullishinchicago.blogspot.com/
RKA

Collegeville, PA

#10 Jan 14, 2009
Mike in South Loop wrote:
Someone tell me what Luol Deng does? What does he provide? He is a black hole?
Didn't the Bulls stumble when he started to dribble the ball and it's getting embarrassing when decides to dribble. I'm not sure how Del Negro will decide to handle playing time with Sefolosha playing well, and Hughes racking up a DNP, but this team will undergo some growing pains in the next couple of weeks.
http://stillbullishinchicago.blogspot.com/
We'll have to wait and see how effective Deng can be (if he can stay healthy). This Bulls team plays extremely well on offense when they move the ball and share. Just have to play as well on defense.
Mel

Worth, IL

#11 Jan 14, 2009
RKA wrote:
Larry's best Bulls game ever. Nailed to the bench. Great game Rose and Deng
Totally, totally agree. Much rather see pass happy Kirk Hinrich and Thabo than 1-2-3 shoot Larry Hughes. Will probably see more Rose, Hinrich, Gordon/Thabo, Deng/Nocioni, Gooden/Thomas/Noah/Gray. Poor Larry Hughes will stew on the bench collecting his $12 mil. contract. Larry can't say much because his agent has told him no other team wants him at such a high price.
RKA

Collegeville, PA

#12 Jan 14, 2009
Somebody get Larry some glasses so he can read the writing on the wall, play team ball or be the intermission entertainment with Benny the Bull.
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#14 Jan 14, 2009
RoseAloneWontDoIt wrote:
All you Rose philes seem to overlook e salient fact: the Bulls are in the NBA, not the NCAA. Since the Bulls started their championship run, there have been some good teams with a traditional point guard as the best player, but no championship teams. Champions either had the best two guard and one of the best small forwards of all time, or quality big men - either at center: Hakeem, O'Neal (both had good two guards and a power forward to boot)- or at power forward: Sheed, Duncan, Garnett. Parker made San Antonio better. San Antonio without Duncan does not even make the playoffs. And San Antonio runs every play that counts around Duncan, not Parker. As we know from prior Bulls drafts, good big men are pretty hard to come by. Point guards, not so tough to find. Heck, even Duhon can put up decent numbers consistently in the right system.
That was one of the most useless posts I've seen in a while...
Can I have that minute and a half of my life back?
Thanks
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#16 Jan 14, 2009
Mike in South Loop wrote:
Someone tell me what Luol Deng does? What does he provide? He is a black hole?
Didn't the Bulls stumble when he started to dribble the ball and it's getting embarrassing when decides to dribble. I'm not sure how Del Negro will decide to handle playing time with Sefolosha playing well, and Hughes racking up a DNP, but this team will undergo some growing pains in the next couple of weeks.
http://stillbullishinchicago.blogspot.com/
I don't know what the hell you were watching, but Deng looked awfully good tonight.
Tiffany

United States

#17 Jan 14, 2009
now this sh!t is really gettin out of hand.this time instead of playing larry less,now hes not even in the rotation,what the f**k?whats good?
nolo

Hartford, CT

#18 Jan 14, 2009
..........YESSSSSS about time....we play like a team...Derrick PLEASE listen....if you do this every game.....we could turn this around and then talk PLAYOFFS.......

NOE lets see if we could do it again tomorrow against LEBRON.,....

DERRICK ROSE - STAY AGGRESSIVE
BULLS 4LIFE
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#19 Jan 14, 2009
Here is your long-awaited Nada-lyses of tonite's win over Toronto...

As I've said all along, if the Bulls just dumped Gooden, Hughes and Gordon, they would start becoming a much better team...
What you saw tonite were two of those...
1. No Gooden
2. No Hughes.
The Bulls would have won this game easily had it not been for Benny Bricklayer, who stunk up the entire arena once again, this time to the tune of 4-of-13 shooting and 2-of-9 from beyond the arc in yet another attempt to pad his stats for (thankfully) the contract he'll get from his new team next season...
For his efforts, Gordon takes home the Bricklayer's Union Journeyman's Card for about the 10th straight game...Congrats to Ben!
No Gooden means: no black hole on the baseline and ball movement...
No Hughes means: someone else gets to see the ball, ball movement and world peace.
No Gordon would mean: Rose gets to dominate under the guidance of Hinrich, who would make sure the ball moves constantly on offense...

Kudos to Noah, who will continue to show that Morrissey is the world's worst columnist of a major newspaper.

Here to help
Nada
RKA

Collegeville, PA

#21 Jan 14, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
now this **** is really gettin out of hand.this time instead of playing larry less,now hes not even in the rotation,what the ****?whats good?
Larry has been promoted to Executive Director of Splinter Collection. Thabo was demoted to floor duty.
jhill

Tallassee, AL

#22 Jan 14, 2009
it was a good performance from the bulls tonight but i wonder why, with the bulls leading by six and less than three minutes left in the game, vinny doesn't put thabo in for gordon, who can't guard a painted wall. defense is needed in that situation, and gordon has not been shooting particularly well, which would be the only rationale for leaving him on the floor. when vinny finally woke up and replaced gordon it was in the final minute of the game and the raptors were in position to tie the score. also, why is vinny so eager to replace his starters when they are playing so well? tyrus and thabo were moving the ball and playing great defense the first quarter. vinny pulls them and the bulls promptly give up thirty second quarter points and trail at halftime. i just don't understand his decision making.
RKA

Collegeville, PA

#23 Jan 14, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
Here is your long-awaited Nada-lyses of tonite's win over Toronto...
As I've said all along, if the Bulls just dumped Gooden, Hughes and Gordon, they would start becoming a much better team...
What you saw tonite were two of those...
1. No Gooden
2. No Hughes.
The Bulls would have won this game easily had it not been for Benny Bricklayer, who stunk up the entire arena once again, this time to the tune of 4-of-13 shooting and 2-of-9 from beyond the arc in yet another attempt to pad his stats for (thankfully) the contract he'll get from his new team next season...
For his efforts, Gordon takes home the Bricklayer's Union Journeyman's Card for about the 10th straight game...Congrats to Ben!
No Gooden means: no black hole on the baseline and ball movement...
No Hughes means: someone else gets to see the ball, ball movement and world peace.
No Gordon would mean: Rose gets to dominate under the guidance of Hinrich, who would make sure the ball moves constantly on offense...
Kudos to Noah, who will continue to show that Morrissey is the world's worst columnist of a major newspaper.
Here to help
Nada
Hey, you forgot the team leading 4 TO for Gordon and to be fair, Noce shot the ball badly too, 5-13

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web