Bulls wrap up trip with victory in Philadelphia

There are 17 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 30, 2008, titled Bulls wrap up trip with victory in Philadelphia. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Ben Gordon scored 21 points, Drew Gooden had 20 points and 12 rebounds, and the Bulls rallied from an early deficit for a 103-92 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
32dutch

Park Forest, IL

#21 Dec 1, 2008
Bring back Tom Dore.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#22 Dec 1, 2008
BJr wrote:
MY ankles are still hurting from watching Rose destroy Andre Miller on that cross over move!
that had to of been embarrassing.
Nate

Chicago, IL

#23 Dec 1, 2008
Hopefully this team can put something together before Gooden becomes too old. Pax needs to stop playing it safe and make some moves to put a decent team around Gooden and Rose. Deng and Hughes have no commitment to defense. If seen both of them many times watch a player drive by them and give no help, try to block a shot or give a foul. Gordon is finally playing well but will want to much money for a one dimensional player. Too bad this year there aren't any teams willing to give up an all star for a group of mediocre players......Pax missed is chance on Garnett and Gasol.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#24 Dec 1, 2008
I still hear alot of criticism about Larry Hughes, and i'm not quite sure why. He's one of the four players on this team who actually play well enough consistently to have helped the Bulls get off to a better than expected start. And, unless Paxson somehow manages to make a trade to free up money, Gordon will be gone after this season, and the Bulls will definitely need Hughes next season, as it will be him and Hinrich sharing time at the 2 guard. Then Hughes will be gone after his contract expires next season, and all the Hughes haters can then be happy with Hinrich doing the 2 guard thing all by his lonesome.

Springfield, IL

#25 Dec 1, 2008
I just saw the Derrick Rose crossover, ankle break okie doke on Andre Miller being highlighted on the noontime ESPN Sportscenter. A new era is indeed upon us.

I see Rod from Tennessee was speaking about Larry Hughes. I like Larry more this year because he seems to play better with a chip on his shoulder competing with Ben Gordon for time at the two spot. There's no denying he can be a black hole at times, selfishly pursuing his shot instead of setting up plays similar to Gordon's bouts of "Me"itis.
However, the thing I like about Larry's play in the Bull's victory over Philly, and the team's play of late, is that they seem to be finding their roles as players offensively. We can talk about Defense all day, but players need some success offensively and some fun by god to fuel their energy, and feel like they belong in the league. If they can find quirks in the traditional pick and roll like Rose drawing out the double teams and dishing to a cutter down the lane(who can then dish to another cutter off of that defensive rotation, and quick hitters to Rose cutting across the lane to dish or score/drive), I mean you're talking about one of the fastest, most explosive point guards to ever step on a court. Taking advantage of this and establishing spots and plays where particular players can contribute gives a team a huge component of winning consistently. Then hopefully they can trasnfer that confidence and success somewhat to the 'D'. If so, perhaps they can be a solid ballclub(.500), and that's all we can ask for at this point. Maybe even Thomas can fulfill his limited role(that's a big maybe) and Noah can get back in shape to look like the decent player we saw in the second half of last season. There's no denying the D-Rose era is upon us, now if Vinny and the players can only take advantage of it.
Dils

United States

#26 Dec 1, 2008
CentrILMark wrote:
I just saw the Derrick Rose crossover, ankle break okie doke on Andre Miller being highlighted on the noontime ESPN Sportscenter. A new era is indeed upon us.
I see Rod from Tennessee was speaking about Larry Hughes. I like Larry more this year because he seems to play better with a chip on his shoulder competing with Ben Gordon for time at the two spot. There's no denying he can be a black hole at times, selfishly pursuing his shot instead of setting up plays similar to Gordon's bouts of "Me"itis.
However, the thing I like about Larry's play in the Bull's victory over Philly, and the team's play of late, is that they seem to be finding their roles as players offensively. We can talk about Defense all day, but players need some success offensively and some fun by god to fuel their energy, and feel like they belong in the league. If they can find quirks in the traditional pick and roll like Rose drawing out the double teams and dishing to a cutter down the lane(who can then dish to another cutter off of that defensive rotation, and quick hitters to Rose cutting across the lane to dish or score/drive), I mean you're talking about one of the fastest, most explosive point guards to ever step on a court. Taking advantage of this and establishing spots and plays where particular players can contribute gives a team a huge component of winning consistently. Then hopefully they can trasnfer that confidence and success somewhat to the 'D'. If so, perhaps they can be a solid ballclub(.500), and that's all we can ask for at this point. Maybe even Thomas can fulfill his limited role(that's a big maybe) and Noah can get back in shape to look like the decent player we saw in the second half of last season. There's no denying the D-Rose era is upon us, now if Vinny and the players can only take advantage of it.
I think the reason Hughes found himself on the bench is because of the game against the Spurs where for a strecth in the fourth Larry Hughes was about Larry Hughes. There seems to be a moment in each game where he figures that he hadn't shot the ball in a while so the next time he gets it, it's going up. Against Philly, he waited until the ball rotated to him and he got open shots all game. Vinny deserves credit for taking action and benching him. Also you noticed Noce's minutes dropped yesterday too. It's not a coincidence that the 2 players most responsible for not moving the ball around and being destructive against the Spurs, didn't play as much yesterday.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#27 Dec 1, 2008
Look at this roster WITHOUT Rose. Paxson should be UNEMPLOYED.
JGOODS

Glenview, IL

#28 Dec 1, 2008
I Think if we can trade Noah,Thomas and Hinrick we will be A much better team.... I ALSO THINK IF WE CAN TRADE DENG WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF. I MEAN WHAT DOES HE DO BETTER THAN MANU OF THE SPURS TO EARN MORE MONEY THAN HIM ? SOMEONE PLS TELL ME. I WOULD BE PISSED IF I WAS GORDAN TOO. DENG IS NO WHERE NEAR THE POSSIBLE 80 MILLION HE STANDS TO MAKE FROM HE BULLS. I'LL BEAT HE WONT SCORE 30 NOT ONCE THIS SEASON. ANYONE AGREE ?

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#29 Dec 1, 2008
Is this yet another attempt to lure Bulls fans into a sense of optimism, or just another mild blip of success to be followed by the collapse?

Please...we need some pro sport success in this town....
Wooly Bully

Orland Park, IL

#30 Dec 1, 2008
Where are all the fans that thought the Bulls should have drafted Beasley??? Hello???? Anybody????
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#31 Dec 1, 2008
the one wrote:
<quoted text>and he's from Chicago, goes to show that some of the young black males from the inner city are capable of humbleness, and better example of what a young man should be period.
Go to h3ll..

Signed,
A once young Black male from the inner city..

“Catch this!”

Chicago

#32 Dec 1, 2008
Now's the time to trade Gordon, move Hughes back into the starting lineup, take offers for Thomas or Nocioni and get some bigger bodies onto the team. Gordon's value will NEVER get any higher at this point. DUMP HIM!!

Mercy.
jgoods

Glenview, IL

#33 Dec 1, 2008
Hawk and DJs Love Child wrote:
Now's the time to trade Gordon, move Hughes back into the starting lineup, take offers for Thomas or Nocioni and get some bigger bodies onto the team. Gordon's value will NEVER get any higher at this point. DUMP HIM!!
Mercy.
why dump gordan ? pay him what he's owed buy getting rid of deng hinrick noah and thomas. all of which are bums... gordans gave will thrive with rose... lose gordan and rose's assist will drop if all he has to pass to is hinrick and brick shooting deng
jaet

Mielec, Poland

#34 Dec 2, 2008
Did you see Andre Miller's mine ??? Beauty scene...

“Catch this!”

Chicago

#35 Dec 2, 2008
jgoods wrote:
<quoted text>why dump gordan ? pay him what he's owed buy getting rid of deng hinrick noah and thomas. all of which are bums... gordans gave will thrive with rose... lose gordan and rose's assist will drop if all he has to pass to is hinrick and brick shooting deng
A couple of reasons: He is an undersized shooting guard, a liability on defense, when he's not hoisting up shots at ill times, he's turning it over off his leg because he can't dribble. Plus despite that, he has no real future here. He has a small enough contract where he is not that expensive for a contender looking for a Vinnie Johnson/Dell Curry type of gun off the bench.

Shall I continue?
jgoods

Glenview, IL

#36 Dec 2, 2008
Hawk and DJs Love Child wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple of reasons: He is an undersized shooting guard, a liability on defense, when he's not hoisting up shots at ill times, he's turning it over off his leg because he can't dribble. Plus despite that, he has no real future here. He has a small enough contract where he is not that expensive for a contender looking for a Vinnie Johnson/Dell Curry type of gun off the bench.
Shall I continue?
i still believe goran should be on the team... i think he's great... lose the 70mil man that cant score deng

“Catch this!”

Chicago

#37 Dec 2, 2008
jgoods wrote:
<quoted text>i still believe goran should be on the team... i think he's great... lose the 70mil man that cant score deng
He could be halfway decent if he accepted his role as a back up. I am not convinced that he's willing to take a back seat to a rookie. So to me, he needs to be traded because his value will never get higher than what it is now.

You're right about Deng. He can go too, but it'll be harder with an inflated contract and he keeps getting injured and is generally soft. Keep Kirk. At least he acts more professional and actually is better suited as a backup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web