Bulls' Drew Gooden out with injured a...

Bulls' Drew Gooden out with injured ankle

There are 14 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 20, 2008, titled Bulls' Drew Gooden out with injured ankle. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Drew Gooden is one of those always upbeat, always optimistic types, so when the veteran forward talks like this, it's time to take note.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#1 Dec 21, 2008
The thing Del Negro needs to start considering in regards to Thabo is, forget this desire to make a 2 guard out of him. His outside shot isn't nearly good enough, and certainly not on a team with gunners like Gordon and Hughes. However, i can definitely see Thabo in the SF role. Obviously the Bulls want Deng in this role, as the 70 mil. contract suggests, but Deng is turning out to be an average player at best, and one that i think Thabo could challenge in the role. He's the same height as Nocioni, who they're using as a sub at the 3 spot, and Noc could be used in the PF role at times, if Thabo is subbing at the 3. Either way, i'd like to start seeing a bit more of Thabo, and alot less of Deng, and i think that would be a way to do so, instead of trying to force him into being a 2 guard.
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#2 Dec 21, 2008
This injury to Gooden is GREAT!
Another terrific break for the Bulls.
All they need now is for Hughes and Gordon to go down with minor injuries (but ones that can keep them out for a while) and they can get on track to what they need to be doing, which is to play the players that will be here next season and see what they have.
Tiffany

United States

#3 Dec 21, 2008
he'll be back,it aint nothing
Lionel Fuhrman

New York, NY

#4 Dec 21, 2008
Wishing Drew a speedy recovery! The Bulls need him. He's a star! I hope that this will not be the beginning of a series of injuries for him.
Tiffany

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2008
he aint the star for the bulls,but hes one of the best players on the team
Boston BullsFan

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 Dec 21, 2008
I don't know what to say about Gooden, he wasn't playing a lick of defense against Boston before he went out, but then no one on the team was playing anything resembling defense.
It was ridiculous, the Celtics have great players when guarded well, but the other night those guys were getting wide-open looks and dunks.
It nice to see that VDN has this team going to the hoop allot more than they ever did in the past, even Gordon has become a competent finisher since Rose came along. However, they still don't have the Suns personnel to just outscore everybody, play ZERO defense and expect to beat the better defensive teams in the league.
VDN better start instilling a defensive mind-set soon.
Tiffany

United States

#7 Dec 21, 2008
yes,hes does play defense
Nada Surf

#8 Dec 21, 2008
Lionel Fuhrman wrote:
Wishing Drew a speedy recovery! The Bulls need him. He's a star! I hope that this will not be the beginning of a series of injuries for him.
Gooden is atrocious...
Let's hope this injury lingers all the way until they finally dump him.
Hopefully, he's played his last game as a Bull.
Nada Surf

#9 Dec 21, 2008
Boston BullsFan wrote:
I don't know what to say about Gooden, he wasn't playing a lick of defense against Boston before he went out, but then no one on the team was playing anything resembling defense.
It was ridiculous, the Celtics have great players when guarded well, but the other night those guys were getting wide-open looks and dunks.
It nice to see that VDN has this team going to the hoop allot more than they ever did in the past, even Gordon has become a competent finisher since Rose came along. However, they still don't have the Suns personnel to just outscore everybody, play ZERO defense and expect to beat the better defensive teams in the league.
VDN better start instilling a defensive mind-set soon.
Where's the D gonna come when they have slugs like Gordon and Gooden out there?
As soon as they get rid of Gooden, Gordon and Hughes, this team will start coming up.
Want defense? Sefalosha and Thomas provide that.
Kenny

Sebastopol, CA

#10 Dec 22, 2008
It's not that difficult, Vinny...play Thabo at the 5,4,3,2,1...it doesn't matter, he makes things happen from the defensive end. He's like James Posey...on paper it might not always wow you, but his minutes are felt on the court. Play the man and let him wreak havoc...it will help him blossom his offensive talents as well!
Tiffany

United States

#11 Dec 22, 2008
not true,thabo plays the 3 and 4 spots only.hes not like boris who can can play all spots(1-5),and drew plays at the 4 and 5 spot
Nada Surf

#12 Dec 22, 2008
Now, if we can only get Gordon and Hughes injured for a while, the Un-Watcha-Bulls can get back on the right road.
Tiffany

United States

#13 Dec 22, 2008
nah,why would larry and ben get injured?their the two best players on that team
Nada Surf

#14 Dec 22, 2008
That's funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web