Bulls pull away from Nuggets

Bulls pull away from Nuggets

There are 124 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 20, 2009, titled Bulls pull away from Nuggets. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

With Tim Thomas still out East, Jerome James still injured and John Salmons and Brad Miller in street clothes, the Bulls dressed eight players Friday night at the United Center .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#1 Feb 20, 2009
This team is a lot better with Hinrich running the show instead of Rose.
Rose has a lot to learn.
Al B

West New York, NJ

#2 Feb 20, 2009
Doesnt the sky look clearer now w/out Larry, Gooden & Thabo?

And we still got to keep TT who looks like he's improving every day. TT & Noah have finally found their game. Hustle, rebound and go up strong- thats all! Every body is playing GREAT (Gordon, Hinrich, Lu, Rose) and now with the addition of Brad Miller to help out down low and be the good passer he is, Salmons to come in and play "D" on bigger guards while also scoring 15+, we definately going to the playoffs....

And if we click- u never know, we might even upset the defending champs...

We did it to Miami- why not Boston?

It aint far fetched- u gotta BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!
ANTI WILT THE STILT

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Feb 20, 2009
omg .......nadda surf ur such a retard
mack the knife

Beirut, Lebanon

#4 Feb 20, 2009
Glad TT stayed. Amare is injured probably for the rest of the season,no? Have you watched Bosh lately? No need to get excited about free agency, with the economy the way it is going it might indeed be "free agency".
Jean

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 20, 2009
I see the light finally. Hopefully we will get some respect from the league.
Dave S

Chicago, IL

#6 Feb 20, 2009
Just wow. Didn't see the game but can't believe they beat the Nuggets like that. The pre-Billups Nuggets would have been understandable, but no Billups team ever just lays down on the road. Great win!
jumpmanjay

Buffalo Grove, IL

#7 Feb 20, 2009
ANTI WILT THE STILT wrote:
omg .......nadda surf ur such a retard
actually, nada surf is right. while rose is amazing, he still has much to learn...especially on the defensive side. look at the boxscore for this game. rose is the only bull with a negative +/-...all the other players (except hunter) had double digit positive numbers in the +/- column.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#8 Feb 20, 2009
This was a strange game.
Denver looks extremely talented and was killing the Bulls early on with their big bodies inside, especially Nene.
Then they all looked like they wanted to go home and several Bulls (Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Thomas) played quite well.
Rose was the only one that looked pretty bad for most of the game and even he made a few nice plays.
How many shots did Rose have blocked tonight?
jumpmanjay

Buffalo Grove, IL

#9 Feb 20, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
This was a strange game.
Denver looks extremely talented and was killing the Bulls early on with their big bodies inside, especially Nene.
Then they all looked like they wanted to go home and several Bulls (Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Thomas) played quite well.
Rose was the only one that looked pretty bad for most of the game and even he made a few nice plays.
How many shots did Rose have blocked tonight?
at least 2-3 :(
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#11 Feb 20, 2009
I don't blame Rose's woes entirely on him...
With Gordon out there, Rose's game can't be the way it needs to be.
Gordon and Rose are both undersized 2-guards and in a lot of ways, their games are similar.
With both starting, it leaves the Bulls with two undersized guards trying to stop bigger guards all night.
rae728

Thornton, IL

#12 Feb 20, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
This team is a lot better with Hinrich running the show instead of Rose.
Rose has a lot to learn.
You're nuts. Hinrich is no point guard. And he was being shopped around just this week.
Mr Belvedere

Lake Zurich, IL

#13 Feb 20, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
This was a strange game.
Denver looks extremely talented and was killing the Bulls early on with their big bodies inside, especially Nene.
Then they all looked like they wanted to go home and several Bulls (Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Thomas) played quite well.
Rose was the only one that looked pretty bad for most of the game and even he made a few nice plays.
How many shots did Rose have blocked tonight?
It definitely seemed like Denver was playing down to the competition. I don't know why but they honestly thought they could coast thru this game, and the Bulls took it to them.

Billups being in foul trouble and Martin going down definitely helped. But hats off to Sky High Ty and Joey Boy for clamping down on D in the paint and helping cause alot of TO's. Hinrich again proved why he's the best defender on the team. Deng was spectacular on Anthony. And good ole' BG7, you can always rely on him to light up the scoreboard.

Rose had an off night but still managed 6 assists and 6 rebounds. The more I watch this kid, the more I realize that he has not shown the NBA all he can do yet. During the typical time rookies experience some serious growing pains, Rose seems to be getting better and faster each week. Once he learns to pace himself a lil better, and picking better spots to change speeds, he will be unstoppable.
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 20, 2009
Wow the Bulls with a huge victory tonight. They are now a half game out of the 8th seed and only 4 GAMES out of the 5th seed. Do they have a serious playoff in them? I like the intensity the are playing with and they are showing something that they havent shown in a long time, not giving up when they are down. They keep fighting instead of throwing in the towel like last season's team. Keep it up Bulls

Anybody else find it weird that Michael Ruffin played for the Blazers tonight? His first game of the season...phantom injury???
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 20, 2009
i meant serious playoff run in my previous post
Brian-Phillpines

Philippines

#16 Feb 20, 2009
Mr Belvedere wrote:
<quoted text>
It definitely seemed like Denver was playing down to the competition. I don't know why but they honestly thought they could coast thru this game, and the Bulls took it to them.
Billups being in foul trouble and Martin going down definitely helped. But hats off to Sky High Ty and Joey Boy for clamping down on D in the paint and helping cause alot of TO's. Hinrich again proved why he's the best defender on the team. Deng was spectacular on Anthony. And good ole' BG7, you can always rely on him to light up the scoreboard.
Rose had an off night but still managed 6 assists and 6 rebounds. The more I watch this kid, the more I realize that he has not shown the NBA all he can do yet. During the typical time rookies experience some serious growing pains, Rose seems to be getting better and faster each week. Once he learns to pace himself a lil better, and picking better spots to change speeds, he will be unstoppable.
Youre right men Rose could be a triple double men,he has a lot to ahow in 26 mins has 10 pts 6 rebs 6 asst thats was a great contribution to the team..Rookie of the Year Derrick Rose all the way!!!Go Bulls.
Amer G

South Charleston, OH

#17 Feb 20, 2009
i didnt happen to watch this game but when i saw the score it surprised me they won the way they did and of late this bulls team has been playing alot more consistent and the addition of miller and salmons will definetly help them towards a playoff run go bulls!!!
Mr Belvedere

Lake Zurich, IL

#18 Feb 20, 2009
rae728 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nuts. Hinrich is no point guard. And he was being shopped around just this week.
Actually, you're nuts. He was not being shopped at all. I'm sure some teams inquired about him, but Pax knows he's vital to their success right now, and no deal was even considered.

Here's a reason why we are better with Hinrich, defense. It's something the team is actually starting to play now thanks to getting their best defender back. And one of the smarter players on the roster.

Hinrich came back Jan. 12th against Portland.

Before Jan. 12th:
L's by 10+ pts: 12
L's by 15+ pts: 5
L's by 5- pts: 1

Since Jan. 12th:
L's by 10+ pts: 3
L's by 15+ pts: 1
L's by 5- pts: 5

Hinrich improved our defense immensely in just a month and a half. He is the only Captain on this team who takes that title seriously. If you actually watch the games you will notice who is the guy doing most of the talking out on the court and it's Capt. Kirk. And that has carried over to the other players now. When teams communicate on both ends of the floor and play together, they achieve success.
Stephen

Houston, TX

#19 Feb 20, 2009
Mr Belvedere wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're nuts. He was not being shopped at all. I'm sure some teams inquired about him, but Pax knows he's vital to their success right now, and no deal was even considered.
Here's a reason why we are better with Hinrich, defense. It's something the team is actually starting to play now thanks to getting their best defender back. And one of the smarter players on the roster.
Hinrich came back Jan. 12th against Portland.
Before Jan. 12th:
L's by 10+ pts: 12
L's by 15+ pts: 5
L's by 5- pts: 1
Since Jan. 12th:
L's by 10+ pts: 3
L's by 15+ pts: 1
L's by 5- pts: 5
Hinrich improved our defense immensely in just a month and a half. He is the only Captain on this team who takes that title seriously. If you actually watch the games you will notice who is the guy doing most of the talking out on the court and it's Capt. Kirk. And that has carried over to the other players now. When teams communicate on both ends of the floor and play together, they achieve success.
I am a Hinrich fan too, but he was definitely being shopped. A deal was very close to being done with Minnesota. He will probably be actively shopped again this summer.
WaitingForAFoulC all

Lake Zurich, IL

#20 Feb 20, 2009
I don't think I'll ever understand why Refs have to swallow their whistle when it is a rookie that's being mauled by a defender. It's as if the Refs are testing rooks to see which ones will open and which ones will shut their mouths. Then they reward the quiet ones the following year with better calls. I just find it all ridiculous.

Derrick Rose has to be the one player in the NBA that consistently scores his points in the paint but gets 1-2 foul calls a game. There were atleast 3 that should have been called tonight that resulted in blocked shots or missed shots, and probably several others that could have been called. I pray this changes by next season because it's getting maddening to see D Rose drive to the whole and be hacked, hand checked, and shoved from the waist with no whistles sounding.
Kevin

Australia

#21 Feb 20, 2009
Rose has a lot to learn? Doesn't that go with the territory of being a rookie? It seems you guys always have to be bagging someone for something, even when the team is winning. Rose is an exceptional rookie. There have been plenty of games where he was the only guy on the team that didn't suck completely. He's not the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web