Rose's double-double not enough for B...

Rose's double-double not enough for Bulls to top Hawks

There are 48 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 11, 2008, titled Rose's double-double not enough for Bulls to top Hawks. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Al Horford scored a career-high 27 points and grabbed 17 rebounds Tuesday night as the Atlanta Hawks remained unbeaten through six games with a 113-108 victory over the Chicago Bulls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
steger

Freehold, NJ

#41 Nov 12, 2008
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. Aldridge had the skinny legs and everyone thought he would get pushed out of the post. Plus they were questioning his level of competition @ Texas. Tyrus had that one highlight in the tourney where he blocked like 3 shots in one possession. I loved the idea of the upside...I was dead wrong.
Seem to hear that word a lot when talking about the Bulls.
Seattle Mike

United States

#42 Nov 12, 2008
Thomas and Noah COMBINED for a total of 5 points and 13 rebounds (49 mins.) Meanwhile, Rose gets 26 points and 10 rebounds (42 mins.) Looks like lack of effort from the bigs to me. Maybe we can work a trade to bring back Big Ben for these two jokers. I don't see any improvement, if anything, they are regressing. Both were highly regarded in the draft, so I don't blame Pax as much for drafting them as I blame the players for a blatant lack of effort (and progress).
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#43 Nov 12, 2008
"BS! Everyone loved TT when he was drafted. I find it funny how everyone tries to act like they were against that trade "
Who is everyone? Pax started well by drafting guys who had actually acomplished something in college and from winning programs. This used to be a team and it was reflected in the record. Pax gets credit for that. Pax then went to the thing that got the 2000 Bulls in trouble "potential" and now we are headed back to 2000. I don't believe in drafting potential unless the guy is 7ft and athletic. Unlike Mr. Gray who is the least athletic big man I have ever seen. All this bashing of BG is interesting, all he has done is average close to 20ppg,(shooting a decent % considering he has had to create his own shots) won games in the 4th and been are most decorated player since arriving and he gets crapped on by fans. When he hits a shot, the crowds (both home and away) sense that he could be having one of his moments. Put him in the right position and he would truly excel. Vinny doesn't have a clue and we shouldn't be his training ground. Can anyone explain why Deng was able to go from 57 to 70 mil based on last season? He is mentally soft. At least Ben isn't afraid to take (and make) a big shot. With a decent big man, a back court of Rose and Gordon would be explosive.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#44 Nov 12, 2008
ATLDre........u are 100% correct. Gordon could average 30 points a game playing along side Rose.
Joe

Cleveland, OH

#45 Nov 12, 2008
Noah and Thomas clearly aren't dedicated to their craft like other players.

For instance, most players who are drafted when they are 19-21 years old show at least some improvement in their 2nd and 3rd years. Look at KG's, Lebron's, or TMac's stats in their 3rd year versus their 1st. Players who don't, like Darius Miles or Kwame Brown, tease you with their athleticism from game to game, but never truly show a sustained improvement. The Clippers and Wizards got burned waiting for those guys to develop when they could have cut their losses and gotten what they could in a trade. The Bulls need to understand that Thomas and Noah have shown 0 improvement, and in fact have regressed.

Thomas is shooting 28% from the floor. I dare anyone to say that he improved over the summer.
jaet

Mielec, Poland

#46 Nov 12, 2008
Pax is as bad GM as Dany Ainge, but Kevin McHale isn't Bull former and Paxon's friend unfortunatelly... ;-)
Stephen

Houston, TX

#47 Nov 12, 2008
Bulls fan wrote:
We drafted Noah when we could have taken his Florida teammate Al Horford instead?
How the hell does Paxson evaluate who is likely to succeed at the pro level? Does he flip a coin?
Al Horford was drafted #3. The Bulls had the #9 pick, in which they picked Noah. But, don't let facts get in the way of your argument.
Stephen

Houston, TX

#48 Nov 12, 2008
I think Paxson has done a pretty good job. Look back at his picks and our position and you will see that there were no clear cut better players at the time. The last two years we needed a big man. He took the best one available each year. It just happens that the class of big men have been weak.

I think Paxson's biggest failing has been his failure to make a significant trade. Everyone in the NBA knows we are shopping Gordon this year, so we should get some value before the deadline. This will be a test for Paxson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web