Bulls rout L.A. Clippers, 95-75

Bulls rout L.A. Clippers, 95-75

There are 45 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 28, 2009, titled Bulls rout L.A. Clippers, 95-75. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Luol Deng , Ben Gordon , Kirk Hinrich and Andres Nocioni have been on three Bulls teams that played 22 playoff games so, believe it or not, they do know something about winning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joerg from Germany

Germany

#1 Jan 28, 2009
"Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich and Andres Nocioni have been on three Bulls teams that played 22 playoff games so, believe it or not, they do know something about winning."
They also have a guy on their roster who made it to the Finals. He knows more about winning than these four guys. But the coach and the management are too stupid to find playing time all year long. They just suck!
Marty

AOL

#2 Jan 28, 2009
I was there. Nice to see Deng score and hopefully return to his confident self. Rose is a star already and is smooth as can be. The Bulls are not tough insided but I agree, with a team effort they could cause problems.
They have to continue to work as a team and get in the playoffs with that theme. I am just a professor so what would I know? I enjoyed seeing my Chicago team win on the road. Good luck to the team!
CalChiFan

Tustin, CA

#3 Jan 29, 2009
Marty wrote:
I was there. Nice to see Deng score and hopefully return to his confident self. Rose is a star already and is smooth as can be. The Bulls are not tough insided but I agree, with a team effort they could cause problems.
They have to continue to work as a team and get in the playoffs with that theme. I am just a professor so what would I know? I enjoyed seeing my Chicago team win on the road. Good luck to the team!
Hey prof., the Blackhawks were at the Pond (Honda Center) and won 3-2. That's the game you should've gone to. I was at that one.
CalChiFan

Tustin, CA

#4 Jan 29, 2009
Hughes didn't play one minute in a blowout. Even Simmons and Hunter got off the bench. How is that helping anything? How arrogant can you be?
Andrew

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Jan 29, 2009
Well whoopy doo! A blowout against a team with all their stars injured. Big whoop! Geez all the quotes in this article make me laugh, going on as if their D was great and they took care of business. Yeah took care of a team that nobody knows who their players are. Baron and Camby got limited minutes and aren't 100%

Watch us get thumped again the rest of this west coast trip.

I love my bulls but I just pray for us to hit rock bottom. Then Pax will get the flick. With a better GM I still think we have some players to deal to get some decent pieces and another top 5 draft pick would also really help us for perhaps trading for another piece.

By clearing out the rubbish that are on big contracts and working for some decent players we could be in with a shot in the talented 2010 free agency class.
Lamar

New York, NY

#6 Jan 29, 2009
Nice win, Gordon 8 assists wow ! Rose played well but, he needs to involve his teamates more. He had 1 assist at half time and finished with six. Even though his jumper was on this game, he has been slacking with assist lately. Deng and Godon both played well, they need to keep it up for the Bulls to win regardless of what anyone says, if they dont play well, its tough for the Bulls to win. Also I hate Tyrus Thomas's game, does this guy watch film of all the good things he does in games. 15 shots is crazy. Most of them were jumpers, its amazing how many stupid shots he took coming out of timeouts. I t got to a point when I was screaming at the TV, BECAUSE THEY GAURDS KEPT GIVING HIM THE BALL AT THE TOP OF THE KEY & HE WOULD MAKE A DUMB PASS, DRIVE OUT OF CONTROL, OR PUT UP A 17FT JUMPER. When he does stupid S****t like that, Vinny should just bring in Simmons, to teach this FOOL A LESSON.
It was a good game though, lets put some more wins together on this trip, because all of these teams are beatable.
DEANGELO

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jan 29, 2009
they still suck a**. This bulls team is horrible to say the least. They beat a clipper team that was riddle with injuries. WOW! The sad part is that there is no one in the draft we can look forward to
Don

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 29, 2009
Screw the draft! Lets find someone in by the trading deadline and make a playoff push!!! Maybe one of the Clippers 3 big men could be a help to us....
CalChiFan

Tustin, CA

#9 Jan 29, 2009
DEANGELO wrote:
they still suck ****. This bulls team is horrible to say the least. They beat a clipper team that was riddle with injuries. WOW! The sad part is that there is no one in the draft we can look forward to
Even if there were, you still have his lame GM and Head (can't) Coach. What difference would it make?
Johnrun1

Elgin, IL

#10 Jan 29, 2009
Lamar - you are so right about Thomas
Noah and Thomas can do some things but their inability of being able to learn how to play the game must have been a reason Skiles wanted to leave.
Please no more about Hughes - he's gone.
Nocioni and Hinrich should also be on the way out - Andre gives you hustle but his defense stinks and his shooting is way too inconsistent, Kirk's game has regressed so much you hate to see the ball in his hands.
CalChiFan

Tustin, CA

#11 Jan 29, 2009
Andrew wrote:
Well whoopy doo! A blowout against a team with all their stars injured. Big whoop! Geez all the quotes in this article make me laugh, going on as if their D was great and they took care of business. Yeah took care of a team that nobody knows who their players are. Baron and Camby got limited minutes and aren't 100%
Watch us get thumped again the rest of this west coast trip.
I love my bulls but I just pray for us to hit rock bottom. Then Pax will get the flick. With a better GM I still think we have some players to deal to get some decent pieces and another top 5 draft pick would also really help us for perhaps trading for another piece.
By clearing out the rubbish that are on big contracts and working for some decent players we could be in with a shot in the talented 2010 free agency class.
Andrew, remember the Toronto game where they beat Toronto on the road without Jermaine Oneal and Jose Calderon. Toronto comes to Chicago WITH those two players and blow them out by 20. Beating a decimated 10-win team means nothing. And forget any player moves with this GM and Head(less) coach. The only things to look forward to are those two leaving. Then there will be hope.
RESIGN NOW

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jan 29, 2009
Paxson....RESIGN NOW
Anthony

United States

#13 Jan 29, 2009
Everyone relax.
firefly

Delavan, WI

#14 Jan 29, 2009
question to ponder........the guys who pax trades are others acquired fom trades. the only player he drafted that is gone is chris duhon who left when his contract expired. that said.....is paxson protecting "his guys"?
Now Wait a Minute

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 29, 2009
Let's not get ahead of ourserves here. The Bulls played a very bad team who put players on the floor who can't shoot or rebound.
Some guy here writes that Rose is not doing enough assists. Dude, that's because his players are too stupid on where to be on the court when he is trying to set them up. They still have a perimeter game mentality with stiffs like Gordon, Nocioni and Hinrich hogging the ball. Only Rose tries to make passes inside. The others its all still about the kickouts for the three and everyone else in the league knows this and is laughing at them.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#16 Jan 29, 2009
Good grief, you'd think they beat the Celtics or Lakers, instead of the worse team in pro bb. It doesn't stop the Bulls from being an unlikable team, which has a long, long, ways to go to get any admiration from this fan, anyways. If i were to start reading that this team was actually playing with some heart and effort every game, i might throw some kudos their way. Until then, i'll give a gigantic SO WHAT to beating the Clippers.
Lamar

New York, NY

#17 Jan 29, 2009
Now Wait a Minute wrote:
Let's not get ahead of ourserves here. The Bulls played a very bad team who put players on the floor who can't shoot or rebound.
Some guy here writes that Rose is not doing enough assists. Dude, that's because his players are too stupid on where to be on the court when he is trying to set them up. They still have a perimeter game mentality with stiffs like Gordon, Nocioni and Hinrich hogging the ball. Only Rose tries to make passes inside. The others its all still about the kickouts for the three and everyone else in the league knows this and is laughing at them.
Thats a lame excuse, he is a rookie but STILL a PG, he has too make guys better, for example Gordon was setting guys up in spots where they produced. Like Deng curling off screens, kick out to Rose a couple times for an open Jumper, and omg that p[lay when Tyrus finally rolled to the basket after setting the pick for Gordon & BG gave him a nice pass for an easy dunk. Now if Gordon can do that Rose has no excuse, he is too talented. And didnt anyone noticed that he wasnt getting to the basket because teams are on too him now. So now when he drives there are three defenders in the paint, he should have atleast 10asts a game, he just has to pass the ball when they collaspe on him.
Lamar

New York, NY

#18 Jan 29, 2009
Dont get me wrong, I like this kid Rose, he is fearless and can be a great player one day.
Too all Hinrich fans he is back to his old self again ! Trade him & Noce. Noce is crazy, he always talks about Defense, but plays horrible D because he gambles & flopps all the time & isnt he the guy thats says they need to pass the ball more, Why so everytime he touches it he shoots.
Tweener Scuds

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jan 29, 2009
Paxson: Keep Rose and Gooden and trade the rest of the team for Chandler, Aldridge, Duhon, Crawford, Khyrapa, Shannon Brown, Tim Thomas, JR Smith.

Maybe Paxson can invalidate the trades on the legal grounds that he "was crazy or mentally incompetent".
Would that hold up in court?
Hmmm

Mechanicsburg, PA

#20 Jan 29, 2009
So Thomas had a relatively bad shooting night, and still scores 16 to go along with 10 rebs, 2 stl, a block, etc. in 30 min. Dont act like thats such a terrible thing. He's not a bad shooting big guy and his jumpers go down better on other nights. He should be getting at least 30 minutes every game and plays better defense than most on the team.

The Bulls could take advantage of his abilities much more than they have. I do agree with Lamar on the point he made about Rose not always making the passes to get the easy points, where Gordon despite not even being a PG occasionally will.

Gooden is not a keeper and would have shot 20 times last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web