Bulls announcer Johnny "Red" Kerr to ...

Bulls announcer Johnny "Red" Kerr to receive Basketball Hall of...

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 9, 2009, titled Bulls announcer Johnny "Red" Kerr to receive Basketball Hall of.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

On the eve of the Bulls honoring Johnny "Red" Kerr's 35 years of service, the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame announced Kerr as the 2009 recipient of the John W. Bunn Lifetime Achievement Award.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

jason

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 10, 2009
Johnny "Red" is a cool guy. A few years back (maybe 3-4), I brought the book "The Chicago Bulls Encyclopedia" to the game and was standing by front court watching warm-ups. Johnny was getting ready for broadcast, he was all business, and in a bit of a lull in what was going on I leaned in and asked him to sign my book. He said sure, real nice and then looked through it for a few seconds and signed the inside red page- "Go Bulls! Johnny 'Red' Kerr". He made a comment to his partner that they had some good people working on this (book), which is funny since he wrote the foreword.
That's my Red story whats yours?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web