Bulls lose to Nuggets

Bulls lose to Nuggets

There are 29 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 24, 2008, titled Bulls lose to Nuggets. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Lindsey Hunter has seen this movie before: A taut game, a leader needed and Chauncey Billups in the thick of it all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#21 Nov 24, 2008
"BG had 5 assts last night, tying the great distributor Rose. One was a pretty pass from the baseline that hit Rose coming down the lane for a layup.

BG took one bad shot where he got it blocked, the others where good shots which is why he scored 28 points on 13 shots the entire game. He scored 15 points in the first half on 5 whole shots.

His turnover in the 4th quarter hurt, but if you watched the game the layups that Denver got, and the lack of rebounding by Chicago COST the Bulls the game. Rose turns the ball over more than Gordon.( look it up!!!)

Maybe people before they post should watch the game so they know what they are writing about."

Got to love the facts!!!! Great post. You wonder what some of these posters are looking at when they make statements about BG.
Fact Checker

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Nov 24, 2008
We saw his priorities last summer. Let him drink and smoke dope and let someone serious play his position.
True Bulls Fan

Bolingbrook, IL

#23 Nov 24, 2008
I really don't think that most of the people that post on here even watch the games. And if they do, they don't understand what they are watching. The problem is not Ben Gordon. He is your BEST shooter on the team. Maybe he could be used differently, but he is far from the problem. The problem is that we have no down low presence at all! We cannot defend any post players! We allow easy shots for any front court player that can run the court! The help defense is horrible! These are the problems that the bulls face, not Ben Gordon.
wow

Montgomery, AL

#24 Nov 24, 2008
Paxson is through...wow....horrible..
Pip33

Houston, TX

#25 Nov 24, 2008
For a short guard Ben Gordon should be able to handle and dribble the ball well but for some reason he's just so ridiculously bad. Almost all short guards are good ball handlers, but boy, does Gordon suck at it. He needs to watch streetball videos and same to "What's a 4th Quarter" Deng.
dick jouron

Coppell, TX

#26 Nov 24, 2008
Ben "hammerhead" Gordon is overrated and way overpaid!

Since: Aug 08

Springfield, IL

#27 Nov 24, 2008
Really, the only player I expect a lot out of is Derrick Rose. Unfortunately, in the Denver game he took a step back in playing pick and roll defense. In such games as the Indiana contest against T.J. Ford, Rose made the adjustment, and played underneath the pick forward/center/guard waiting for his man to come around either way to the basket. He played for the most part great 'D' in this game. But against Denver/Chauncey Billups, he played right into their hands, trying to cover his man tight, and getting caught on the pick guy every time, It was frustrating to watch really. Especially with this going on right in front of the Bulls coaching staff in the third and fourth quarter. Maybe Derrick lost track as a rookie, but I sure as heck can't believe if the coaches would have corrected the situation, Derrick wouldn't have responded. I am so dissapointed with the Bulls coaching staff for them to allow that go on right before their eyes. Derrick seems to have no pick and roll partner, no bigs to rely on for help defensively or offensively, and no coaches to rely on consistently either. What a screw job. With selfish one dimensional guards like Ben Gordon and Hughes alongside him, I imagine he's wondering if Chicago was really the best destination. As a long time Bulls fan, I have to feel for Derrick because he is a tremendous talent and all class, and as much as I want him in a Bulls uniform, as Paxson has currently left such a horrible culture leaving Gordon and Deng on the team after they shunned the Bulls and the fans repeatedly on top of last year's quitter season, god I just think Paxson is such a wuss and clueless G.M. who got punked by Portland's Pritchard twice(Aldridge for Thomas and THREE draft picks for 50% free throw shooter no offensive talent won't be available for years Turkish Omer Asik). Pax, you have left a great kid like Derrick, a burgeoning superstar, twisting in the wind. Please for the love of God have the courage to RESIGN. Too bad the extortionist Deng will be here to haunt Bulls fans for many years.
alvin

Bolingbrook, IL

#28 Nov 24, 2008
wow wrote:
Paxson is through...wow....horrible..
Eddy Curry is on the trading block. Why not acquire him to provide some low post scoring? Sure, he doesn't play defense or rebound well...but he's a million times better than Noah/Thomas/Gray!
PLS

AOL

#29 Nov 24, 2008
Certainly the problems on this team go much deeper than Gordon. Used correctly, Gordon is a very effective weapon. He can score in bunches and can stretch defenses. Unfortunately, 1) that's about all he can do -- he is sub-par in just about every other phase of the game; 2) he's asked to do more than he's capable of because of the deficiencies with the rest of the team; and 3) he thinks he's a $70 million player.

Gordon's often referred to as a latter-day Vinnie Johnson, a guy who can get plugged into a game and provide instant offense. Vinnie wasn't much of a ballhandler/playmaker/defender either, but he knew his role and he was effective at it. Too bad this Bulls team is a far cry from the 80s Pistons.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up next season. Good coaches won't trust him to handle the ball or play 30-35 minutes of bad defense, but a coach desperate for scoring on a crap team might take a flyer. With Crawford gone, I can easily see Ben heading home. Should make for some interesting 130-124 losses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web