Bulls lose to Nuggets

Lindsey Hunter has seen this movie before: A taut game, a leader needed and Chauncey Billups in the thick of it all. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mack the knife

Beirut, Lebanon

#1 Nov 24, 2008
I hope all and sundry realize what they have with Rose. He could be the motor which would return the Bulls to the Jordan-like era. I hope he is not burned out with too much play and/or too little support. The need is now great for strength in the middle. The last game exposed Hughes for what he is: Overrated. It is time to engineer a trade to include Hughes and whoever for a banger inside. It looks like a fun season.
Peter

Essexville, MI

#2 Nov 24, 2008
Thanks again Pax for another strong performance from Noah. Are you waiting till this next summer to again address the major problems in the pos
PLS

AOL

#3 Nov 24, 2008
Vinnie can lay the blame on the late-game meltdown on youth all he wants, but there was only one rookie on the floor when they cratered -- and he's their best player. The other guys -- Gooden, Little Shot Larry, Gordon and Noce -- have all been there before. More poor defensive rotations, especially inside the lane. More ludicrous shot selection -- especially from Little Shot Larry. More sloppy ballhandling and decision-making from Gordon. More of the same, basically.

The final five minutes of the game really helps illustrate the differences between a player like Billups and Little Shot Larry. One guy does all the little and big things that have made him and his teams consistent winners, while the other chucks up terrible shots while getting burned on the defensive end. I guess I don't understand LSL's game. He does a lot of things to fill up stat sheets, but does none of them particularly well. He has no special skill. And with that contract, he's basically unmoveable. It's gonna be a long season.
Horace

Cleveland, OH

#4 Nov 24, 2008
PLS wrote:
Vinnie can lay the blame on the late-game meltdown on youth all he wants, but there was only one rookie on the floor when they cratered -- and he's their best player. The other guys -- Gooden, Little Shot Larry, Gordon and Noce -- have all been there before. More poor defensive rotations, especially inside the lane. More ludicrous shot selection -- especially from Little Shot Larry. More sloppy ballhandling and decision-making from Gordon. More of the same, basically.
The final five minutes of the game really helps illustrate the differences between a player like Billups and Little Shot Larry. One guy does all the little and big things that have made him and his teams consistent winners, while the other chucks up terrible shots while getting burned on the defensive end. I guess I don't understand LSL's game. He does a lot of things to fill up stat sheets, but does none of them particularly well. He has no special skill. And with that contract, he's basically unmoveable. It's gonna be a long season.
Great post. I love watching him throw up 3s and screaming "Don't shoot that!" Or how about the one time he took it to the hole and got swatted by Kenyon Martin. The ball almost hit Larry's face.
Just Suggest

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 24, 2008
Especially at guard, what's up with BG's ballhandling or lack there of?
another fan

Knoxville, TN

#6 Nov 24, 2008
While I wouldn't necessarily agree that BG lost the ball while "under no pressure up top," it was definitely an ugly TO at a crucial moment in the game. And for all of his chatter about how "starters need to set the tone," what exactly does BG do in the first 6-10 minutes of the game. As far as I can tell, not much more than Thabo. BG needs to go back to coming off the bench where he is very successful. His numbers have all come way down since he has been starting. Look how far his PER has come down as a starter; it was over 23 coming off of the bench and is now just 18+, which probably makes it under 15 as a starter.
BUlls

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 24, 2008
Trade Ben Gordon. Trade Larry Hughes. Trade enyone and everyone except Derrick Rose.

Does no one notice that Ben Gordon refuses to pass to D. Rose....or actually anyone. He is looking for the big contract next year and throws up terrible shots, can't play defense, and turns the ball over way too much.

Last night he got himself into a terrible position, and ended up getting blocked by Billups. He didn't have a look at the basket and should have passed, but for some reason this year, he hates giving the ball up.

I think that he causes us so many problems defensively and with missed shots, and with his me-first mentality, he might be the player that is killing us the most. For all the points he is putting up, he is probably making the team give up more due to his pathetic d.

I am so dissappointed in this team and feel for D. Rose as he tries hard every night, takes it to the hoop and doesn't just rely on jump shots, and looks like he genuinely cares if he wins.

I say break the team up and lets move in the right direction. Try to get a big man because Noah, Tyrus Thomas, and Aaron Gray obviously aren't getting it done. We have so many chips to trade (ie. Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes, Tyrus Thomas, Noah, Luol Deng), so lets try and get the most out of this team just now before we fall even further.
Matt M

New York, NY

#8 Nov 24, 2008
BUlls wrote:
Trade Ben Gordon. Trade Larry Hughes. Trade enyone and everyone except Derrick Rose.
Does no one notice that Ben Gordon refuses to pass to D. Rose....or actually anyone. He is looking for the big contract next year and throws up terrible shots, can't play defense, and turns the ball over way too much.
Last night he got himself into a terrible position, and ended up getting blocked by Billups. He didn't have a look at the basket and should have passed, but for some reason this year, he hates giving the ball up.
I think that he causes us so many problems defensively and with missed shots, and with his me-first mentality, he might be the player that is killing us the most. For all the points he is putting up, he is probably making the team give up more due to his pathetic d.
I am so dissappointed in this team and feel for D. Rose as he tries hard every night, takes it to the hoop and doesn't just rely on jump shots, and looks like he genuinely cares if he wins.
I say break the team up and lets move in the right direction. Try to get a big man because Noah, Tyrus Thomas, and Aaron Gray obviously aren't getting it done. We have so many chips to trade (ie. Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes, Tyrus Thomas, Noah, Luol Deng), so lets try and get the most out of this team just now before we fall even further.
Great post EXCEPT you got everything wrong.

BG had 5 assts last night, tying the great distributor Rose. One was a pretty pass from the baseline that hit Rose coming down the lane for a layup.

BG took one bad shot where he got it blocked, the others where good shots which is why he scored 28 points on 13 shots the entire game. He scored 15 points in the first half on 5 whole shots.

His turnover in the 4th quarter hurt, but if you watched the game the layups that Denver got, and the lack of rebounding by Chicago COST the Bulls the game. Rose turns the ball over more than Gordon.( look it up!!!)

Maybe people before they post should watch the game so they know what they are writing about.

Also, I have pointed out many times, Gordon can not and will not be traded.
At the end of this season he walks, with no compensation to the BULLS, and he goes to a team that will appreciate what he does on the floor.
Now Wait a Minute

Munster, IN

#9 Nov 24, 2008
BUlls wrote:
It's almost as if you channeled my thoughts.
All troubles begin with Ben Gordon. The moment he tries to pretend that he is the point man, that's the exact moment you can write it down as a loss. The worst, overpaid player in the NBA. His 20 point contributions are a joke as they are so out of synch with what is happening on the floor. He is the last guy to rely on to do something intelligent.
There- I said it!
As for the reporter continuing to qualify all Bulls game outcomes with who sat out due to injury- give us a break! Do you really think it matters that Deng (who is cashing him ridiculously high paychecks) gives a care? To him, it's never about the team but his personal stats. There is no allegiance to the Bulls or its fans. It's just about a guy getting paid to do a job for whomever when he feels in the mood to play.
Honestly

Montgomery, AL

#10 Nov 24, 2008
I honestly believe Paxson is in way over his head...we need to clean house...from the top on down...
Mel

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 24, 2008
Larry Hughes and Ben Gordon. They are literally "I gotta get mine" guys. All the while Derrick Rose moves without the ball. If that remains the formula then the Bulls are doomed another season. Adding the miserable play of the big men and this spells lottery pick again where Paxon will pick another energy guy who can't score--again!
jim

Japan

#12 Nov 24, 2008
Dealing away Elton Brand and Ron Artest. Then dealing away the two that were obtained from those trades. The drafting of the guard from Duke (anyone could see he wasn't a speedster like Derrick Rose). The No 5 drafi from Iowa State. The hiring of Pink Floyd. Choosing
Tyrus over either of the Portland pair and Noah over the Atlanta forward (and former teammate). The firing of Skiles instead of addressing the main problem of lack of hussle from the ones wanting more cash. Only one of them got it, and it seems he's the wrong one.
It isn't just one thing. Its years of bad decisions.
Then again, last nights discombobulation in the final 5 minutes shows a team in disarray. One of those errors, maybe, two, somehow regroup, but the string of them all together indicates real issues that maybe can't be solved with this group, but maybe they can? What it really shows is that the Bulls seem to be doing the Cubs thing of past years. Losing.
Wasn't Larry Hughes an acquistion to clear salary cap space? Or was it considered a better option to rid them of another front court non-shooter Big Ben. Are we the only team with a constantly weak front line? Is it part of the identity of the Chicago Bulls franchise? Its not illegal to get a good front line. That's three key, vital positions. Look around the league at the winners, and they all have great front lines. Rose is a winner, a future All-Star if he keeps healthy, but basketball is a team sport, 5-8-10-12 players win a season.
And finally, instead of just writing, trade this and this and this person, start writing things like try to acquire this, this, and this person. Real possibilities, including comparative salary/ability/length of contracts etc. things. Otherwise its just whining. Winning only will go to the most qualified.
Lamar

New York, NY

#13 Nov 24, 2008
Gordon is not the problem, when u have bench players, point gaurds & power fowards taking more shots than ur shooting guard thats a problem. Whats up with the play calling at the beginning of games, Vinny doesnt even attempt to get any rythm for his players, that damn pick & roll where the bigs never roll to the basket. Gordon only took 13 shots the entire game, even when deng is in, they never run plays for these guys, they are ur scorers. Also his plays are horrible A 6th grader can draw up better plays to get guys open.
Tom

United States

#14 Nov 24, 2008
The Blackhawks will dominate the winter sports scene. The Bulls are quickly becoming irrelevant.
Ryan

Chicago, IL

#15 Nov 24, 2008
in response to Jim's post..the bulls never had the chance to draft Horford over Noah. Atlanta used the 3rd pick to draft Horford while the bulls used the 9th pick to draft Noah. The only big drafted behind Noah was Spencer Hawes out of Washington
Dave S

United States

#16 Nov 24, 2008
Why do people have such a difficult time understanding that Horford wasn't available when the Bulls picked at #9? That draft was top-heavy and pretty depleted by the time the Bulls picked. Julian Wright or Al Thornton would have been nice picks in retrospect, but the Bulls were already "set" at small forward with Deng and Nocioni.
Al B

Englewood, CO

#17 Nov 24, 2008
Does anyone even remember we had Brad Miller???
You can add him to the long list of bad decision trades....
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

#18 Nov 24, 2008
Tom wrote:
The Blackhawks will dominate the winter sports scene. The Bulls are quickly becoming irrelevant.
Correction the Bulls ARE irrelevant.
Micky

Mundelein, IL

#19 Nov 24, 2008
It was insulting to see Luol Deng laugh it up on the bench while the Bulls were losing yet another road game. I hate watching this team of losers (the exception being Rose).

Larry Hughes: Loser/Ballhog/Overpaid

Ben Gordon: Loser/Ballhog/Terrible defender/Can't dribble to save his life

Tyrus Thomas: Loser/BUST/No effort

Joakim Noah: Loser/Pothead/BUST/Poorly Conditioned/WEAK (mentally and physically)

Kirk Hinrich: Loser/Slow as molasses/Overpaid/not-missed

Aaron Gray: Loser/Not an NBA quality big man

Drew Gooden: Loser/Please shave

Luol Deng: Loser/Overpaid/Often injured/Shoots too many jumpshots/Mediocre defender

Andres Nocioni: Loser/Out of control/One-trick-pony/Highly overpaid

Vinny Del Negro: K-Mart blue light special coach, doesn't seem to have the respect of his players, in over his head, never runs set plays (especially important late in the fourth quarter). Enjoys employing a new non-sensical starting lineup every night. Here is a tip Vinny.....Larry Hughes should NEVER start!

Paxson should be fired immediately!
nolo

Hartford, CT

#20 Nov 24, 2008
NO INSIDE GAME = NO WINS

We need a BIG MAN, that could play defense and grab rebounds, that's all we(BULLS FANS) are asking for....

HURRY!!!!!! make a trade.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
•••
•••

Drew Gooden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••