Bulls top Kings

Bulls top Kings

There are 46 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Bulls top Kings. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Ben Gordon scored 24 points and the Bulls beat the Sacramento Kings 99-94 on Tuesday night to snap a three-game losing streak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 6, 2009
with Gooden: 13-14

without Gooden: 2-6
Alex

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 6, 2009
Gooden is the man.... Why did Tyrus take 13 shots.. Why was No-Shot, No-Talent No-Ah on the floor, he should be glued to the bench with Klank Hinrich the clock eater.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#4 Jan 6, 2009
Chris Carr wrote:
with Gooden: 13-14
without Gooden: 2-6
So, they suck with or without him.
Make sense since he sucks.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#5 Jan 6, 2009
Alex wrote:
Gooden is the man.... Why did Tyrus take 13 shots.. Why was No-Shot, No-Talent No-Ah on the floor, he should be glued to the bench with Klank Hinrich the clock eater.
Gooden is the first man that should be traded.
Alex

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 6, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Gooden is the first man that should be traded.
Hey Nada Surfing for a brain???

Does the winter sun in Tempe cook your
trailer and fry your brain?????

Rose, Gordon, Hughes & Gooden could start for other NBA teams. The other
Bulls are bench players at best. Your son No-Shot No-Ah should be on the street or in the gutter.

So Nada surfing for a brain, get a clue befoire you spew.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#7 Jan 6, 2009
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
Bulls are bench players at best. Your son No-Shot No-Ah should be on the street or in the gutter.
I love the part where you said, "Gordon, Hughes & Gooden could start for other NBA teams."
If only it were true now.
ron

Park Ridge, IL

#9 Jan 7, 2009
playoffs?...playoffs!?...don't talk about playoffs!...playoffs!?
michael p coy

Oswego, IL

#10 Jan 7, 2009
Talk about a Team with nothing going........KINGS! Miller looked alright against Killer Defensive Minded Bulls LOL! I would see if Kings would take Noch, Noah, for him and another just to be shakin things up.
Hughes makes me sick, Hinrich due back not lookin forward to him AT ALL!
Gooden looks good againest Crap Teams.
Oh boy Deng..........This is going to take some work?
Paxson, Jerry will continue to play your Puppet Strings!
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jan 7, 2009
Is there a point 2 making the playoffs when u will get embarrassed in the 1st round? The low expectations in Chicago these days is depressing.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jan 7, 2009
At point point does Paxson MAN up and resign?
bulzR1

Woodridge, IL

#13 Jan 7, 2009
making the playoffs for what? We will get demolished in the first round. Miller for Noah And Noch would be a good deal if at all. I still say Paxson needs to step down and admit he has no clue on how to be a GM. Del Negro is a natural at loosing and does not have the players respect. Replace the bum with Del Harris.
RKA

United States

#14 Jan 7, 2009
Well on a postive note, it's good they got a win (no matter who's the opponent). Hopefully they string more then two wins together and get something going. Key word is hopefully.

And before someone quotes and attack this post, can we atleast have one post that's not bashing the team or it's management, let's save it for the next team lost.
Boston BullsFan

Dracut, MA

#15 Jan 7, 2009
Well, say what you want about Gooden, Deng and Hinrich, that's three potential starters that were out during this recent slide, so it's not really a surprise the Bulls have been losing.

Also, Hinrich gets allot of grief on these boards but I bet you when he comes back the defense immediately gets better. He was the defensive soul of the team and, lest we all forget, was instrumental in shutting down D-Wade anytime they played Miami.

It appears Milwaukee will stay ahead of the Bulls all season, Skiles has them playing decent D, and The Bobcats made a good trade with Phoenix for some more defense, and they just beat the Celtics. So unless Pax unleashes a blockbuster - could happen - the Bulls should finish at least 2 teams shy of making the playoffs.

I funny thing occured to me last night. Reinsdorf forced the hiring of DelNegro just to piss D'Antoni off after he unexplicably dissed him.

RKA

United States

#16 Jan 7, 2009
Boston BullsFan wrote:
I funny thing occured to me last night. Reinsdorf forced the hiring of DelNegro just to **** D'Antoni off after he unexplicably dissed him.
D'Antoni probably could care less, but I bet he's DESSIP about the Bulls winning the lottery.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#17 Jan 7, 2009
I think Gooden saying it was going to be a rebuilding year, was a players way of indicating he was playing on a bad team, and a bad year should be expected. Barely pulling out home wins against the likes of a Sacramento are what bad teams do. Isn't it ironic that there's never any mention of the orchestrater of this bad team? As long as Bulls fans continue to live off the memories of the glory days, and continue to ante up the third highest, arena prices in the NBA, in hopes those glory days might return, i expect the orchestrater Paxson, to hide away in the shadows, and try and keep himself from being held accountable for the failures of the team.
Stratmaster

United States

#18 Jan 7, 2009
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on Rose, but as far as the rest of em... no way. Gordon is the consumate 6th man, and should stay there. He has no business starting on any decent team. Don;t get me wrong, I love him as the 6th man, if he will accept 6th man pay.
Stratmaster

United States

#19 Jan 7, 2009
bulzR1 wrote:
making the playoffs for what? We will get demolished in the first round. Miller for Noah And Noch would be a good deal if at all. I still say Paxson needs to step down and admit he has no clue on how to be a GM. Del Negro is a natural at loosing and does not have the players respect. Replace the bum with Del Harris.
well, obviously you have noticed Del is sitting right next to Vinnie on the bench, and i am willing to bet gets more input than most asst. coaches (being he is a former head coach and Vinnie admitted he would be relying on him). I think if Del had some brainstorm it would already be implemented, and if he had some magical way to handle this group of players, everything would already be sunny for the Bulls.

We do have a head coach who is doing the "on the job training" approach, but I don;t think Del Negro is the problem any more than Skiles was (Boylan on the other hand...exascerbated the problem).
Alex

Chicago, IL

#20 Jan 7, 2009
Boston BullsFan wrote:
Also, Hinrich gets allot of grief on these boards but I bet you when he comes back the defense immediately gets better. He was the defensive soul of the team and, lest we all forget, was instrumental in shutting down D-Wade anytime they played Miami.
Kapt Klank Hinrich the clock eater "tries" to plays defense but he is too slow. Klanks over all game is fair to poor and his circle dribbling,
poor decision making, inconsistent streak shooting should limit his time on the floor.
Hughe's stats are not that much better than Klanks but Hughes is quick and fast and he can create his own shot and unlike Klank Hinrich he will go to the rim. Hughes is not afraid. Hughes plays better defense toooooooooooo.....
Stratmaster

United States

#21 Jan 7, 2009
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
Kapt Klank Hinrich the clock eater "tries" to plays defense but he is too slow. Klanks over all game is fair to poor and his circle dribbling,
poor decision making, inconsistent streak shooting should limit his time on the floor.
Hughe's stats are not that much better than Klanks but Hughes is quick and fast and he can create his own shot and unlike Klank Hinrich he will go to the rim. Hughes is not afraid. Hughes plays better defense toooooooooooo.....
You are correct. Hughes is not afraid of any shot, no matter how poor a selection it is.

I am not a Hughes hater. He is a decent defensive player, although he is a risk taker on defense. That used to work for him but he is a step slower now and often times the risk turns into reward for the other team. He can be a decent shooter at times when he gets on a streak, but we already have a streak-shooting starting guard who should be a 6th man that takes poor shots, we don't need a second one.

You, on the other hand, are obviously a Hinrich hater, as you never make any logical arguments but just spout off the name-calling. Hinrich has always gone to the rim and the circle dribbling is what happens when you penetrate but no on else on the team gets open. If you watched last night's game, Rose had to do the same thing on 3 or 4 occasions. Dribbled around, then to the basket, then came out the other side still dribbling because no one got open. The flip side is that Hinrich is not a true point guard and should really be a 6th man himself; but he is the only player who can play the point on the team other than Rose and a 50 year old (sorry for the exaggeration Lindsay).
Lamar

New York, NY

#22 Jan 7, 2009
No way will Gordon except a 6th man contract, when he has proven the last 5 years he is better than Deng & Hinrich. Its paxson fault for signing these two guys to large contracts, even Noce is not worth his contract. im tired of hearing Noce say we need to play together, pass the ball and better defense. Yeah thats good talk but he does the total opposite when he is out there. Example lastnights game. Not once did he think about passing (well he had 1 ball fake. Vinny has no clue, he took Gordon & Rose out right before the 4th with a 10 pt lead. Then brings them back at the 6min mark horrible. Im sorry but ur up 10pts and you havent been able to close out games, y not leave them in to have that killer instinct to put this team away. If he would have left them in, they would have been up by 20pts at the 6 minute mark. aNOTHE EXAMPLE of how dumb he is, you call a timeout to get the ball to your best FT shooter, and you have Gooden popping out for the ball. I knew he was gonna miss. And im tired of no one pulling Tyrus to the side to tell him, he is not a pg pass the ball to your gaurds and let them run the break. This is y he plays that way, you dont have to take him out but let him know he messed up. Stop good job & clapping when he goes back into the huddle. aARON GRAY IS A WASTE OF HUMAN FLESH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web