Rose scores 25 as Bulls hold off Warr...

Rose scores 25 as Bulls hold off Warriors

There are 26 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 22, 2008, titled Rose scores 25 as Bulls hold off Warriors. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Perhaps this is to solve the Bulls' big man woes: Start four guards. Better yet, this is the way to respond to an embarrassing 42-point loss the previous game: Move the ball, shoot well and put it in Derrick ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big Time

Lake Forest, IL

#1 Nov 22, 2008
I would strongly suggest the Bulls address the low post void sooner rather than later so the team can develop chemistry to be a threat in the post season. Kaman should not be pursued passively. Derrick Gordon has demonstrated he is the type of guard necessary to be taken seriously from baseline to baseline. However, the lack of a big man becomes more evident in a half court setting. Don't wait for a call, go get Kaman or any available big man with similar post up skills and size NOW!
Mike

Skokie, IL

#2 Nov 22, 2008
love derrick gordon
leo

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 22, 2008
good points all in all big time but derrick gordon doesnt exist! Maybe you are thinking about Ben Rose. haha
got to be amerikee joke

Kuwait, Kuwait

#4 Nov 22, 2008
Big Time wrote:
I would strongly suggest the Bulls address the low post void sooner rather than later so the team can develop chemistry to be a threat in the post season. Kaman should not be pursued passively. Derrick Gordon has demonstrated he is the type of guard necessary to be taken seriously from baseline to baseline. However, the lack of a big man becomes more evident in a half court setting. Don't wait for a call, go get Kaman or any available big man with similar post up skills and size NOW!
whatever happen to three headed monster. longley, luke,. cartwrite, perdue
PT from Oaktown

Redwood City, CA

#5 Nov 22, 2008
I saw this one live. All I can say is Rose is a stone cold killer. It was awesome.

BUT,

Gooden thinks he is jordan, especially when he goes for a turnaround jumper. Gordan, is a turnover machine, he even dribbled the ball off of his own foot at our own end of the floor, the best turnover I have seen in a while. This warrior team is hurting bad, we should hardly be happy about beating them as we did. And It was depressing to watch Hughes start and light it up after his public outcry for more playing time. Him and Gordon are living in dream world, TRADE them asap! While you still can.

Only Rose is a keeper otherwise lets liquidate this team.
Spike Leigh

Bloomingdale, IL

#6 Nov 22, 2008
Like those commenting above, I lament the fact that match-ups presented by many other NBA franchises don't permit Vinnie from being able to rely more heavily on the "small ball" players/lineup responsible for the Warriors game win. In addition to that configuration, the Bulls need a combination of players who can compete with taller teams who play in half-court sets as well. I've never been very impressed by Chris Kaman; just another largely over-rated, plodding, big man. Can't we come up with any other forward/center with an offensive game, ability to rebound, and get up/down the court better than Kaman? Oh, and Vinnie, please continue to give Larry Hughes more minutes.
Boston BullsFan

Boston, MA

#7 Nov 22, 2008
Well, we all know Rose is the Man. We finally found our next "Jordan" provided he stays healthy, stays away from motorcylces and bad neighborhoods (and of course drugs).

What I like best about the guy is his demeanor. He is just level-headed, not getting too high on himself, critiquing himself when needed and staying humble.

I agree with spike, since when did Kaman become the second coming of Shaq? Seriously, this is like beer-goggles time. We are so desperate for a big man that Kaman is looking good.

I say get him, if it doesn't cost us anything.

The real deals are coming out in 2010. You here Nelie and Jackson raving about Rose after 12 games, wait til the guy gets a couple all-star nods and it won't be that difficult to convince a big-man to come to chicago to get some easy post-ups, give and goes, and dunks.

The big news out of ESPN today is that NYK are not just going to make the twin killing in 2010 but a triple-killing. Ridiculous. They will be lucky to land one top free-agent. With a couple lottery picks between then and now and no Play-off appearances even NY and Dee Anne Tony will not be able to get 3 guys to come over.

Rose will get even a crappy team to the playoffs, and with sell-outs at Home and the promise of a finals appearance should get the Bulls Bosh or Stoudamire and with the Celtics done by then and LeBron headnig to New Jersey, it's should be good.
jon

Boulder, CO

#8 Nov 22, 2008
Have to pay attention to who they played. Yeah, the Bulls can hang when no D is being played. When a team gets physical with the Bulls, it's over. It's good news that Rose is legit when the game is close though cause Gordon is not the answer there.

I also want to say Gooden, even more so that Hughes, is my least favorite player on the team. Anyone?
Der Koach

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 22, 2008
Oh, there are PLENTY of least favorite players on this team!

Gordon - ball hog, who thinks he's better than he actually is. Trade him, now!

Thomas - a dunker (at best) who refuses to compete in the dunk contest pretty much tells you what you need to know about his overall ability.

Nocioni - see Gordon's desciption. Plus, whines too much and is a YMCA hack who's closed to getting clocked ala Rudy T, back in the day.

Noah - weedhead needs some bench time and a lot of time on the treadmill/stationary bike. Dennis Rodman, sir you are not.

Deng - or dung, as in the description as to how he has played as of late. A mope who has reached his ceiling of ability. A waste of a multi-year deal. Pax has no idea how to find talent. Rose fell in their lap.

I'd offer Kirk too but since he took his demotion like a man and actually played better in that role leaves me to think he has a future on this team as a backup. Gray is one head of the 3 headed monster this team needs with big man. He'll come cheap so he may as well stay. As for Hughes and Gooden, look to get rid of a turd, you have to take a turd and so the Bulls are stuck with him until their contracts run out.
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#10 Nov 22, 2008
that was an unreal performance by Rose down the stretch...really encouraging for any Bulls fan
Mel

Munster, IN

#11 Nov 22, 2008
Finally, after 10 years Bulls have a CLOSER!!!!! Last 4 minutes of a game give Rose the ball and get out of the way. If ball goes to you from Rose shoot it. That is all.
BJr

Glenwood, IL

#12 Nov 22, 2008
Der Koach wrote:
Oh, there are PLENTY of least favorite players on this team!
Gordon - ball hog, who thinks he's better than he actually is. Trade him, now!
Thomas - a dunker (at best) who refuses to compete in the dunk contest pretty much tells you what you need to know about his overall ability.
Nocioni - see Gordon's desciption. Plus, whines too much and is a YMCA hack who's closed to getting clocked ala Rudy T, back in the day.
Noah - weedhead needs some bench time and a lot of time on the treadmill/stationary bike. Dennis Rodman, sir you are not.
Deng - or dung, as in the description as to how he has played as of late. A mope who has reached his ceiling of ability. A waste of a multi-year deal. Pax has no idea how to find talent. Rose fell in their lap.
I'd offer Kirk too but since he took his demotion like a man and actually played better in that role leaves me to think he has a future on this team as a backup. Gray is one head of the 3 headed monster this team needs with big man. He'll come cheap so he may as well stay. As for Hughes and Gooden, look to get rid of a ****, you have to take a **** and so the Bulls are stuck with him until their contracts run out.
I agree with most of what you said, Nocioni being the exception. Other than Rose he has been the only guy for the last few years who plays like he's give $hit. He get's in guys face and most of the pre-madonna's in the NBA get upset, becasue they have an attitude that no one should play that hard. What he lacks in talent he makes up in heart. Give his heart to more talented players like Eddy Curry and you would have a beast!!! Noc, is the guy every team hates to play, but loves to have as a teammate!
Die Hard

Greenwood, IN

#13 Nov 22, 2008
It amazes me that people actually wanted us to take Beasley.., wow!

Anywho.., yes.., rose is a monster.., and we definitely need to get him some help. Unfortunately.., that doesn't look like its gonna happen til 2010. Deng has been real disappointing.., Gordon and Hughes.., very streaky.., please just get the ball to Rose. If he decides it's a good idea for you to shoot.., then he'll pass it to you!

Go Bulls!
Boston BullsFan

Boston, MA

#14 Nov 22, 2008
How anyone can hate on Noc I don't know.

The guy does what he does very well. He usually looks like crap when there are injuries or no one is stepping up and he tries to do too much.

You should have seen the guy play on the Gold Medal team in 04, he was mostly invisible in terms of just doing the dirty work and scoring 10-15 points and getting half a dozen rebounds.

Rose and Nocioni need to stay on this team, the rest can go.
terry t

United States

#15 Nov 22, 2008
you guys have to be kidding about "the hacker" nocioni! guys don't want to play with him or against him. i remember playing with guys like him. it was awful. you are constantly concerned about getting injured. it's hard to play with a guy that you think is so reckless. most of you guys that make these nice comments about the reckless one, have never played the game before. there are 1000 guys that can do what nocioni does. which is have the green light to maul on offense and defense. guys don't want to guard him for fear of getting injured. therefore they kind of back off a little. he has no value. all that he does is piss the other team off enough to want to beat his team so badly. he is a definite liabily. do you guys want to win or is your vision so clouded that you can't see championships anymore?
meatman80

Damascus, MD

#16 Nov 22, 2008
terry t wrote:
you guys have to be kidding about "the hacker" nocioni! guys don't want to play with him or against him. i remember playing with guys like him. it was awful. you are constantly concerned about getting injured. it's hard to play with a guy that you think is so reckless. most of you guys that make these nice comments about the reckless one, have never played the game before. there are 1000 guys that can do what nocioni does. which is have the green light to maul on offense and defense. guys don't want to guard him for fear of getting injured. therefore they kind of back off a little. he has no value. all that he does is **** the other team off enough to want to beat his team so badly. he is a definite liabily. do you guys want to win or is your vision so clouded that you can't see championships anymore?
I agree,but I also like Noc.At the same time though I would not mind to see him shiped off.
nolo

Hartford, CT

#17 Nov 22, 2008
bring on KAMAN to the bulls....
jim

Japan

#18 Nov 22, 2008
I agree wholeheartedly. Derrick Gordon is the best two headed guard in NBA history. Only Ben Rose was better. But seriously, nobody answered my prediction of 37 wins for this Bulls team or not? What a bunch of misfits, but if a Rose by any other name can bring the ball down court, find the open man and let them dunk once in a while, we might reach the promise land. Or is it after another luckyk No. 1 draft?
Larry

Olympia Fields, IL

#19 Nov 22, 2008
I hope Paxson or the next GM build this team around Rose and That means everyone else has to go that means Deng, Hinrich, etc and put people around Rose who can shoot for crying out load.
Larry

Olympia Fields, IL

#20 Nov 22, 2008
I agree but unless you get a GM who is not afraid to make trade than nothing is going to happen.
PT from Oaktown wrote:
I saw this one live. All I can say is Rose is a stone cold killer. It was awesome.
BUT,
Gooden thinks he is jordan, especially when he goes for a turnaround jumper. Gordan, is a turnover machine, he even dribbled the ball off of his own foot at our own end of the floor, the best turnover I have seen in a while. This warrior team is hurting bad, we should hardly be happy about beating them as we did. And It was depressing to watch Hughes start and light it up after his public outcry for more playing time. Him and Gordon are living in dream world, TRADE them asap! While you still can.
Only Rose is a keeper otherwise lets liquidate this team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web