Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah rewarded w...

Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah rewarded with big minutes

There are 21 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 29, 2008, titled Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah rewarded with big minutes. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Vinny Del Negro followed his message with minutes. One game after benching Joakim Noah for the entire second half, Del Negro played the second-year center 13 minutes 37 seconds consecutively bridging the first ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Don

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 30, 2008
Alex, everyone continues to bash this team and these players, we get it, a lot of them are bad. But the silly nicknames and such are getting old. People keep talking about trades, who wants these guys with these crazy contracts? So stop bashing this team everyday with these silly nicknames and references and lets talk basketball!

I really enjoy the way Rose has bounced back the past couple games after a bad week before. Tyrus and Noah have actually been playing decent enough to be in and Gordon just continues to put up good point totals.

I do want a trade though, because with Kirk coming back, along with Gooden and Deng, this is going to get silly crowded quick. Find contracts that match and make a push for someone big!!
RKA

United States

#3 Dec 30, 2008
Wow Alex, you really don't like Noah, Deng, Kirk, and Andres.
Curt

Micanopy, FL

#4 Dec 30, 2008
bulls bashers be gone! i couldn't agree more with don. people say "trade this guy and trade that guy," but it's not quite that simple. in order to make a trade a team has to want something that you have. we don't have much to offer. the three likeliest trade candidates are two players that alex says nothing about. gooden and gordon are in contract years and hughes' expires after next season. with that in mind, we might be able to throw in one bad contract to make a trade a possible. what does paxson do? go to other teams and say, "look, i've got these bad bloated contracts attached to these overpaid underperforming players. who wants to give me something good in return?" be realistic.

noah had a decent game last night and nocioni was very instrumental in that vicory. trading nocioni? be careful what you wish for. if you don't like him now, you'll hate him when he's playing for another team
Horace

Cleveland, OH

#5 Dec 30, 2008
Noah has been talking about his poor conditioning since October. Why is this still an issue?
Get Real

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Dec 30, 2008
Curt wrote:
bulls bashers be gone! i couldn't agree more with don. people say "trade this guy and trade that guy," but it's not quite that simple. in order to make a trade a team has to want something that you have. we don't have much to offer. the three likeliest trade candidates are two players that alex says nothing about. gooden and gordon are in contract years and hughes' expires after next season. with that in mind, we might be able to throw in one bad contract to make a trade a possible. what does paxson do? go to other teams and say, "look, i've got these bad bloated contracts attached to these overpaid underperforming players. who wants to give me something good in return?" be realistic.
noah had a decent game last night and nocioni was very instrumental in that vicory. trading nocioni? be careful what you wish for. if you don't like him now, you'll hate him when he's playing for another team
I still think Heinrich makes the most sense for a trade. Keeping him and rose puts too much money at the PG position and I'm not certain Kirk can play the 2. However, despite what Alex believes, Kirk is still an above average PG and would work great on teams that already have established scorers, like Miami and Houston, and merely needs somone to play D and distribute the ball. Other than last year, Kirk has had a solid career - He's just not good enough to be THE MAN for any team.
Now Wait a Minute

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 30, 2008
Sure, be happy that the Bulls won. Drink your champagne. But, don't lie to yourself. As Phil Jackson says, "it's all about match-ups!"
The Bulls won because NJ doesn't have anyone who can dominate against the Bulls. Their stars are on the downside of their careers.
There is no pattern to the Bulls method of success. It is happenstance luck when it does.
And it's good to see Gooden out because he doesn't represent their future, either. If the coaches think so, they need to go, too.
RKA

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2008
Don wrote:
Alex, everyone continues to bash this team and these players, we get it, a lot of them are bad. But the silly nicknames and such are getting old. People keep talking about trades, who wants these guys with these crazy contracts? So stop bashing this team everyday with these silly nicknames and references and lets talk basketball!
I really enjoy the way Rose has bounced back the past couple games after a bad week before. Tyrus and Noah have actually been playing decent enough to be in and Gordon just continues to put up good point totals.
I do want a trade though, because with Kirk coming back, along with Gooden and Deng, this is going to get silly crowded quick. Find contracts that match and make a push for someone big!!
The Bulls should really make a push for Boozer. Utah has Okur and Milsap so they wouldn't mind trading Boozer, he said he wants to opt out of his contract, I can't believe the Jazz would let him walk for nothing.

Sending them Deng and Thabo and a few picks should equal out. With the trade Boozer's bird rights carry over. He plays well hopefully he resigns for max money, he leaves, we no longer have Deng's contract on the books.
RKA

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2008
People unfairly bash Del Negro, the man was offered a Head Coaching job (he didn't ask for it) and he took it. If you were interested in coaching and an oppurtunity was given to you, wouldn't you take it?

He surrounded himself with coaches with decades of combined exp and now he's trying to get a group of selfish guys to play as a team. He's a coach not a miracle worker. I doubt Jesus could get this team to play together as a unit. He's done the right things by not publically tossing his guys under the bus, but he has sat them when they underachieve. I know some players don't get benched, but he has have atleast 5 guys on the floor.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#10 Dec 30, 2008
I guess players know their bodies and their recuperative effects better than anyone else would; however, it just seems odd hearing players call their own return dates. I'd imagine that coaches give their estimates off the reports the trainers are giving them, but players these days leave no doubt they call the shots, in when they'll play and when they won't.

Surely this season has made Noah realize that the NBA owes him nothing, and it's up to him to make sure he comes into a season more prepared to play. It's obvious he did nothing but party this off season and his conditioning has proven that. He's going to be very lucky if that one summer of living the high life doesn't cost him his basketball career, as his talent level is such, that he can't afford to not be prepared to give 100% every game.
Peter

El Paso, TX

#11 Dec 30, 2008
It's about time Noah gets serious about his chosen career. He has been all together too lazy, out of shape and not aggressive.

It is sad when someone blessed with his physical ability and such a fantastic opportunity lacks motivation and drive. So many others can only dream of having his opportunity and how they would capitalize on it if only they had the chance.
Alex

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 30, 2008
Don, like KC you are a Bull's apologist!

The Bulls play a terrible team and KC writes that the worst player on the team is finally doing his job for one game!

You say Thomas & lazy No-Shot are playing decent...How many times have you watched them play? How many times do these two giants fail to jam the ball in the hoop and fail to hustle. Neither one of these guys have skills or brains to play in the NBA. Why would either ever take a jump shot? NO-Shots jumper is hilarious!!!

Fragile Deng, Kapt Klank and the Crybaby Nocioni are NOT NBA STARTERS.

PAX CAN NOT MAKE A TRADE, no one wants bench warmers with big contracts.

Yes, let's talk basketball with out hoping and dreaming! Reality RULES!

PS Isn't Pax's father named DON????
Don wrote:
Alex, everyone continues to bash this team and these players, we get it, a lot of them are bad. But the silly nicknames and such are getting old. People keep talking about trades, who wants these guys with these crazy contracts? So stop bashing this team everyday with these silly nicknames and references and lets talk basketball!
I really enjoy the way Rose has bounced back the past couple games after a bad week before. Tyrus and Noah have actually been playing decent enough to be in and Gordon just continues to put up good point totals.
I do want a trade though, because with Kirk coming back, along with Gooden and Deng, this is going to get silly crowded quick. Find contracts that match and make a push for someone big!!
thesmlpkg

Elk Grove Village, IL

#13 Dec 30, 2008
I'm a little tired of the bashing myself.

I'm also a big Hinrich fan and just dont.get.some.of.the.com ments.made.about.him. He's a smart player who's been surrounded by players who don't know the plays. I think he and Rose will work well together because Rose is also a smart player. I hope we get to find out.
Don

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 30, 2008
Haha, Alex, how am I an apologist? Just because I say the team had a good game and Tyrus and Noah have been playing decent makes it that way? Look at the past week stats of Noah and Tyrus for their playing time, its better then before. I know they aren't very consistant but atleast its some what better.

How is Deng not a starter? Come on now. This guy is injured a lot lately but he is still one of the top players on this team...not saying a lot, but he still is up there. Noch isnt a starter in the NBA, your right, so therefore Vinny doesn't start him when people are healthy! Kirk, well, he has fallen off, but the bad nicknames still sound silly.

It just sounds to me like you either have nothing positive to say or you just like to bash the players. Obviously your whinning about the Bulls players doesnt agree with my son KC lol. But maybe your buddy Rosenblooms blog would be the better spot for you to criticize, you two seem to think a lot alike...

Atleast D-Rose is a beast!!
Alex

Wheaton, IL

#15 Dec 30, 2008
Happy New Year Don.

I hope that Tyrus(my favorite)puts it together but I doubt it. If he used his brain he would not be taking medium range jumpers. Decent? Good results in 2-3 out of 10 games
does not make Tyrus consistent or decent. Quit BS-ing me that is KC's job.

No-Hope for No-Shot No-Ah, the only thing that he has got going for him is his height, he has no skills. He is weak and being out of shape proves that he is totally brainless! Decent is not applicable to this fool. He belongs in the CBA. Europe wouldn't sign this clown..

Lets talk about how the professionals
that play in the NBA have caught up to Kapt. Klank the clock eater and Fragile Deng. These two guys are too slow and can not create their own shot... Klank won't drive the lane and if you watch you will see Fragile Deng drive the lane and repeatedly miss or get swarmed because he is too slow.

The pros have Klank & Deng figured out. They are paid too much to be traded. Deng may be the next Kerry Wood. Note: STUPID CLEVELAND!!!!!

Nocioni (slow) works hard and his cry baby act is sooooooo old. This supposed macho man is a good #3 guy off the bench.. He shoots too much and shoots with out regard to the situation.

Rose, Gordon, Hughes are fast and quick and can create their own shot like Gooden, flush the rest starting with PAX.

PS Is your son KC a paid member of the Bull's PR Staff... or does he just like to kiss bull rear ends for free.
Tiffany

United States

#16 Dec 30, 2008
hes cool dude,he can play
Nada Surf

Aurora, IL

#17 Dec 30, 2008
RKA wrote:
People unfairly bash Del Negro, the man was offered a Head Coaching job (he didn't ask for it) and he took it. If you were interested in coaching and an oppurtunity was given to you, wouldn't you take it?
He surrounded himself with coaches with decades of combined exp and now he's trying to get a group of selfish guys to play as a team. He's a coach not a miracle worker. I doubt Jesus could get this team to play together as a unit. He's done the right things by not publically tossing his guys under the bus, but he has sat them when they underachieve. I know some players don't get benched, but he has have atleast 5 guys on the floor.
I totally agree, but I'd take it a bit farther if I were Vinnie...
I'd sit the team down and say: "Guys, we aren't going anywhere this year and if we do manage to make the playoffs we will be ousted immediately by a top seed. With that, I will only play the guys that will be here next season, which means Gooden, Hughes and Gordon can have the remainder of the season off and your agents can try and work a deal for you... Thomas, if you take one shot beyond five feet again, you won't play until April."
Nada Surf

Aurora, IL

#18 Dec 30, 2008
thesmlpkg wrote:
I'm a little tired of the bashing myself.
I'm also a big Hinrich fan and just dont.get.some.of.the.com ments.made.about.him. He's a smart player who's been surrounded by players who don't know the plays. I think he and Rose will work well together because Rose is also a smart player. I hope we get to find out.
I, also, am looking forward to Hinrich back. Hopefully, it will mean even less playing time for Ex-Hughes-Me-I'm-Gonna-Take-An other-Bad-Shot.
Nada Surf

Aurora, IL

#19 Dec 30, 2008
Alex wrote:
Happy New Year Don.
I hope that Tyrus(my favorite)puts it together but I doubt it. If he used his brain he would not be taking medium range jumpers. Decent? Good results in 2-3 out of 10 games
does not make Tyrus consistent or decent. Quit BS-ing me that is KC's job.
No-Hope for No-Shot No-Ah, the only thing that he has got going for him is his height, he has no skills. He is weak and being out of shape proves that he is totally brainless! Decent is not applicable to this fool. He belongs in the CBA. Europe wouldn't sign this clown..
Lets talk about how the professionals
that play in the NBA have caught up to Kapt. Klank the clock eater and Fragile Deng. These two guys are too slow and can not create their own shot... Klank won't drive the lane and if you watch you will see Fragile Deng drive the lane and repeatedly miss or get swarmed because he is too slow.
The pros have Klank & Deng figured out. They are paid too much to be traded. Deng may be the next Kerry Wood. Note: STUPID CLEVELAND!!!!!
Nocioni (slow) works hard and his cry baby act is sooooooo old. This supposed macho man is a good #3 guy off the bench.. He shoots too much and shoots with out regard to the situation.
Rose, Gordon, Hughes are fast and quick and can create their own shot like Gooden, flush the rest starting with PAX.
PS Is your son KC a paid member of the Bull's PR Staff... or does he just like to kiss bull rear ends for free.
Please tell me you're a Cubs fan.
Alex

Wheaton, IL

#20 Dec 31, 2008
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me you're a Cubs fan.
I love the cubs, especailly the over rated manager who leads off Soriano an American league..DH who has a poor OBP, doesn't steal the 40 bases he was hired to steal. Soriano can't play the infield or the outfield and he is afraid of the ivy...On top of that he gets his own suite on the road just like the Roid Filled Slimy Sammie Sosa. On top of that the loser Soriano is fragile...
The joke is on the cub fans who are bitter because have to pay to see the lame pitchers bat and watch Slimy Spitting Soriano leadoff.
Why does the vile spitting Soriano keep spitting?? He moved to boys town
and he trying to get the taste of his neighbors out of his mouth!!!!!!!!
Nada Surf

Aurora, IL

#21 Dec 31, 2008
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the cubs, especailly the over rated manager who leads off Soriano an American league..DH who has a poor OBP, doesn't steal the 40 bases he was hired to steal. Soriano can't play the infield or the outfield and he is afraid of the ivy...On top of that he gets his own suite on the road just like the Roid Filled Slimy Sammie Sosa. On top of that the loser Soriano is fragile...
The joke is on the cub fans who are bitter because have to pay to see the lame pitchers bat and watch Slimy Spitting Soriano leadoff.
Why does the vile spitting Soriano keep spitting?? He moved to boys town
and he trying to get the taste of his neighbors out of his mouth!!!!!!!!
Thank you!
I can always tell the Cub fans on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web