Bulls' Kirk Hinrich perking up his team

Bulls' Kirk Hinrich perking up his team

There are 41 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 7, 2009, titled Bulls' Kirk Hinrich perking up his team. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The improved play of Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah has been credited for the recent mini-surge of the Bulls , and rightly so.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#1 Feb 7, 2009
Interesting headline. He sure isn''t doing it with his play. Every time Vinny goes with his defensive lineup we lose a lead and can't score. Maybe he should keep the team on the floor that built the lead.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 Feb 8, 2009
kirks"perkng wont help sh!t,its larrys speech that will lead them to a win
terry t

Erath, LA

#3 Feb 8, 2009
more irresponible journalism. even the numbers don't say he's helping. del negro should be ashamed of himself. hinrich is pathetic and there's no excuse for this article. the bulls winning a couple games on this road trip had nothing to do with hinrich coming off the bench for 20 minutes. this is the problem with the bulls. guys are busting their butts and hinrich, who is doing nothing, gets all of the credit. where do you think that is going in the locker room?
CalChiFan

Tustin, CA

#4 Feb 8, 2009
6-8 since his return and that's "perking up the team"? Where was Hinrich in Dallas? Wasn't he guarding Jason Kidd when Kidd hit the 3 to send the game into overtime. And, when he replaced Gordon in the 4th, how many points did he have? Where was all the "perking up" when the Bulls had the ball, up 5, under 2 minutes and didn't score? Where was the perk when they were up 3, under a minute, and didn't score. This reporter is in the bag for the Bulls.
Alex

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 8, 2009
Yes, Melissa you have targeted the "CORE" of the Bull's problems.

Kapt Klank Hinrich, a slow clock eating circle dribbler who can't beat anyone off the dribble.

Klank is an over paid over rated career inconsistent streak shooter. He is not a NBA starter and no one will trade for this slug.

Duhon at 3 million is out performing
Klank Hinrich in every category, look at the stats.

Melissa are the Bulls paying you for this PR garbage, you should be ashamed to put such trash in print!
terry t

Erath, LA

#6 Feb 8, 2009
Alex wrote:
Yes, Melissa you have targeted the "CORE" of the Bull's problems.
Kapt Klank Hinrich, a slow clock eating circle dribbler who can't beat anyone off the dribble.
Klank is an over paid over rated career inconsistent streak shooter. He is not a NBA starter and no one will trade for this slug.
Duhon at 3 million is out performing
Klank Hinrich in every category, look at the stats.
Melissa are the Bulls paying you for this PR garbage, you should be ashamed to put such trash in print!
alex, i insist that you take melissas' job right now! how perfectly accurate you are!
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#7 Feb 8, 2009
terry t wrote:
more irresponible journalism. even the numbers don't say he's helping. del negro should be ashamed of himself. hinrich is pathetic and there's no excuse for this article. the bulls winning a couple games on this road trip had nothing to do with hinrich coming off the bench for 20 minutes. this is the problem with the bulls. guys are busting their butts and hinrich, who is doing nothing, gets all of the credit. where do you think that is going in the locker room?
What would you know about "irresponsible journalism," Terry Turnover?
VDN spoke of how well Hinrich's defense has helped the team since his return and KC Johnson --THE BEAT WRITER NOT THE COLUMNIST!-- wrote it.

For now, get back to the back of the bus with Little Anal Alex.

Nada
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#8 Feb 8, 2009
My mistake...
Isaacson filled in as THE BEAT WRITER for this one..
Same thing.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#9 Feb 8, 2009
Alex wrote:
Yes, Melissa you have targeted the "CORE" of the Bull's problems.
Kapt Klank Hinrich, a slow clock eating circle dribbler who can't beat anyone off the dribble.
Klank is an over paid over rated career inconsistent streak shooter. He is not a NBA starter and no one will trade for this slug.
Duhon at 3 million is out performing
Klank Hinrich in every category, look at the stats.
Melissa are the Bulls paying you for this PR garbage, you should be ashamed to put such trash in print!
Yawwwwwwwnnnnn...
I've got to wonder how much longer Little Anal Alex can put up with Hinrich on the Bulls and the cold weather in Skokie before he implodes...
I'll give him another two weeks.

yawwwn
Nada
terry t

Erath, LA

#10 Feb 8, 2009
CalChiFan wrote:
6-8 since his return and that's "perking up the team"? Where was Hinrich in Dallas? Wasn't he guarding Jason Kidd when Kidd hit the 3 to send the game into overtime. And, when he replaced Gordon in the 4th, how many points did he have? Where was all the "perking up" when the Bulls had the ball, up 5, under 2 minutes and didn't score? Where was the perk when they were up 3, under a minute, and didn't score. This reporter is in the bag for the Bulls.
unlike most, you are watching the real game. i think that some guys close thier eyes at the times you suggest. your point is seconded here and is very clear. hinrich is garbage and paxson should get fired for pushing him upon us bulls fans.
terry t

Erath, LA

#11 Feb 8, 2009
"Hinrich, had averaged 9.3 points on 41.6 percent shooting (33.3 from three-point range), with four assists and 1.2 steals in 26.7 minutes per game." These are shameful numbers. You pay a guy 10 million a year and blow this smoke up our butts. This is unbelievable! These are numbers that normaly you find in the D-League. All hinrich supporters, let those numbers marinate in your head for a while.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#12 Feb 8, 2009
terry t wrote:
"Hinrich, had averaged 9.3 points on 41.6 percent shooting (33.3 from three-point range), with four assists and 1.2 steals in 26.7 minutes per game." These are shameful numbers. You pay a guy 10 million a year and blow this smoke up our butts. This is unbelievable! These are numbers that normaly you find in the D-League. All hinrich supporters, let those numbers marinate in your head for a while.
Hinrich's been out much of the year, Mr. Turnover...
Speaking of marinade, have you ever dipped your head in teriyaki?

Nada
Fact-o-life

Chandler, AZ

#14 Feb 8, 2009
Terry T-Irvine CA & CalChifan, I agree with what you say 100%. Dork Hinrich is not a starter and has been overhyped and overpaid for his services. What do you expect from Vinny, he's just another Lovie Smith with all his "throw-up-in-you mouth" positive praise. Wrap up Hinrich, Deng, Noah, and Sefalosha and get atleast a ONE good player by the trade deadline...but wont happen. Long Live M.J.
Alex

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 8, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
My mistake...
Isaacson filled in as THE BEAT WRITER for this one..
Same thing.
My Dearest Nada Surf

Yes, you don't know who wrote the article, again!

Were you distracted when your care takers changed your diaper?

Please write the head of your nursinhg home and she will get you some rubber pants that fit.

When you place you comments on these blogs it is obvious that you are watching the Bulls team from the planet mars.

Happy Hallucinations Nada!
Alex

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 8, 2009
terry t wrote:
"Hinrich, had averaged 9.3 points on 41.6 percent shooting (33.3 from three-point range), with four assists and 1.2 steals in 26.7 minutes per game." These are shameful numbers. You pay a guy 10 million a year and blow this smoke up our butts. This is unbelievable! These are numbers that normaly you find in the D-League. All hinrich supporters, let those numbers marinate in your head for a while.
Hey Terry

The King of Klank Hinrich averages over 2.05 turnovers per game to go with his 4.6 assist per game.

Duhon, 7.9 assists per game with 2.84 turnovers. Duhon gets 7 million a year less than Klank

Duhon 12.6 ppg @ 42.8% and 40.4% on 3s

Clueless Paxson signed the wrong guy, again!!!!!!!
Dennis

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 8, 2009
Duhon over Hinrich?

Please. Duhon is a career .395 shooter..365 at 3's.

Hinrich-.414,.376 3's.

When Hinrich has gotten the same minutes Duhon plays now 35+, he averaged 15+ppg, 6.3+ apg, and he played in defensive system under Skiles. Not the run and gun system of D'antoni.

Glad you guys aren't GMs.

I'm pretty sure every GM in the league would take Hinrich over Duhon.

Now is he worth $11 mil? Well, no.
Alex

Chicago, IL

#18 Feb 8, 2009
Dennis wrote:
Duhon over Hinrich?
Please. Duhon is a career .395 shooter..365 at 3's.
Hinrich-.414,.376 3's.
When Hinrich has gotten the same minutes Duhon plays now 35+, he averaged 15+ppg, 6.3+ apg, and he played in defensive system under Skiles. Not the run and gun system of D'antoni.
Glad you guys aren't GMs.
I'm pretty sure every GM in the league would take Hinrich over Duhon.
Now is he worth $11 mil? Well, no.

Dennis you have point!

Career vs 09, I will take 09 but let's say you win the debate because of the coaching factor.

19% pts difference is less than 5% in Klank Hinrich's favor. Yet Klank gets 3.6 times more money than Duhon.

Tell me the name of the GM that would take Klank over Duhon?

Note: Duhon is quicker, faster and plays better D than Hinrich and this year Duhon is improving because he get more minutes.

The NBA has caught up to Hinrich, he is not getting better, each year he is getting worse. Look at last years
stats.

When Hinrich plays more minutes his stamina falters and`
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#19 Feb 8, 2009
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dearest Nada Surf
Yes, you don't know who wrote the article, again!
Were you distracted when your care takers changed your diaper?
Please write the head of your nursinhg home and she will get you some rubber pants that fit.
When you place you comments on these blogs it is obvious that you are watching the Bulls team from the planet mars.
Happy Hallucinations Nada!
You read just like Beavis on that one, Little Anal Alex.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#20 Feb 8, 2009
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Terry
The King of Klank Hinrich averages over 2.05 turnovers per game to go with his 4.6 assist per game.
Duhon, 7.9 assists per game with 2.84 turnovers. Duhon gets 7 million a year less than Klank
Duhon 12.6 ppg @ 42.8% and 40.4% on 3s
Clueless Paxson signed the wrong guy, again!!!!!!!
I have to agree with you ( and this scares me).
Duhon was always better than Hinrich.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#21 Feb 8, 2009
the bulls should've kept chris duhon,hes doing the damn thing wit the knicks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Gooden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Green Bay Packers lose tax-exempt status (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Painful night for Cavaliers: Fall to Bucks in O... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Freda Johnson 1
News Westbrook leads Thunder past Bucks, 82-81 (Nov '10) Nov '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Chicago Bulls Offseason Report: Why No Amare St... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Pierre 1
News Stats bolster Derrick Rose's Rookie of Year case (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Lindsey Hunter embraces mentoring role with Bulls (Jan '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 20
More from around the web