No help in sight, so Heat must help i...

No help in sight, so Heat must help itself

There are 58 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 16, 2007, titled No help in sight, so Heat must help itself. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Sweeping change may yet arrive for the Heat in the form of a trade. But it won't come with any dramatic new approach with what already is in place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Heat Suck Black Balls

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Dec 16, 2007
Trade Shaq and J Will, the money there will give the Heat plenty ot play with.
the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Dec 16, 2007
trade shaq trade shaq trade shaq
StepDown riley

Torrance, CA

#3 Dec 16, 2007
Riley contradicted himself. First, he says the Heat needs to play better defense. Then when asked about acquiring Ruben Patterson the defensive stopper, Riley says he needs shooters instead.
EEE

Hilliard, OH

#4 Dec 16, 2007
I Tthink that it would help if pat would start the younger guys. I personally would start wade, cook, wright, zo, and haslem. I would see how long zo can take it. Let him play the first 5 or 6 minutes of the game, that would help preserve shaq from picking up those early fouls. I also think that it"s time for shaq to realize that he has had his time to dominate. It"s time to pass the baton. Shaq has always been a good passer,and able to make decent decisions. When shaq is in the game I would feed it in to him and allow him to facilitate, that way you keep him happy. I would play cook, and wright at least 30 minutes a piece. Most of the league likes to run and you have to have people on the court that can keep up. I would allow cook and wade to move off of screens to get open for the shot. Riley needs to at least run 10 plays a game for cook, everything that he's getting those aren't plays designed for him. I love dcook he went to my high school he has always been about the team and always plays hard. People have yet to see what dcook is all about.
Lebron

United States

#5 Dec 16, 2007
When was the last time D-Wade has hit a buzzer beater? It's been a long time!!!
CAHeatFan

Modesto, CA

#6 Dec 16, 2007
I agree, trade Shaq now while we can, there has to be a contender in the East or West that could use a big man of his talents. At least the team would save money and acquire draft picks. I'm not worried about who we get in return for this season which is already lost. With Wade, Cook, Davis and Quinn we have a good young nucleus. After the season J Will is gone too and we can go in another direction with money to sign another good top free agent for next season.
fanfromafar

Tel Aviv, Israel

#7 Dec 17, 2007
Trade Shaq? You must be kidding. Who is going to take him, with his albatross contract still alive for another two years. Matter of fact, stacking up the $20 mil a year and having him stand on it is about the only thing that will get him that far off the floor.
The truth is that they have even less to trade than they did couple of months ago, when they made the Ricky-Blount-for-Toine deal.
And what else is there that anyone would want, other than JWill's expiring contract? Trade Haslem or Wade, the two real assets, and there's nothing left, might as well close down and forfeit every game. Cook or Wright? They're the future. Same for Quinn -- not to mention that his contract isn't worth anything.
Draft picks, if they've got any left? That would make the future even bleaker than it already is.
That leaves Riley,a Hall of Fame coach. Not on his current performance as coach, or gm.
It's time to start rebuilding. Past time.
Riley Sucks

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Dec 17, 2007
fanfromafar wrote:
Trade Shaq? You must be kidding. Who is going to take him, with his albatross contract still alive for another two years. Matter of fact, stacking up the $20 mil a year and having him stand on it is about the only thing that will get him that far off the floor.
The truth is that they have even less to trade than they did couple of months ago, when they made the Ricky-Blount-for-Toine deal.
And what else is there that anyone would want, other than JWill's expiring contract? Trade Haslem or Wade, the two real assets, and there's nothing left, might as well close down and forfeit every game. Cook or Wright? They're the future. Same for Quinn -- not to mention that his contract isn't worth anything.
Draft picks, if they've got any left? That would make the future even bleaker than it already is.
That leaves Riley,a Hall of Fame coach. Not on his current performance as coach, or gm.
Couldn't have said it any better myself
mark

Taguig City, Philippines

#9 Dec 17, 2007
fanfromafar wrote:
Dallas will get him!
west

Taguig City, Philippines

#10 Dec 17, 2007
I hate to say this but Shaq should be traded, he's done with the Heat!
nba analyst

United States

#12 Dec 17, 2007
"We need shooters," Riley said.

I know who can shoot. CQ!
what would wilt do

New York, NY

#13 Dec 17, 2007
One of the many glaring problems is the leadership on the floor. Shaq hardly ever shows any emotion even what he gets whacked... he just lets it pass. The Heat need to go get Brad Miller just to get Shaq ticked off in practice. If you recall several years ago, Miller came close to an eyelash away from a trip to the moon by a Shaq overhand right. We all know by now of Shaq's personal woes but it seems his fire inside is out.
cowboys fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 Dec 17, 2007
LOL Riley says we need shooters. If i remember correctly he had shooters last year but let them all go. Look in the mirror Riley its your fault nobody else.
michael

Oceanside, CA

#16 Dec 17, 2007
Dallas would have to give up a few players to match shaq's contract. I don't think they are interested in breaking up the team. Why would they take that risk??? they have a nice young team already with a bright future.

Trade wade for durant and some picks. develop them until shaqs contract expires. then go after another free agent. wade is not the leader of the future
ME MAD

Boca Raton, FL

#17 Dec 17, 2007
QUINN, COOK, WRIGHT, JACKSON AND HAZLEM
do the math

New York, NY

#18 Dec 17, 2007
The Heat have to win 64% of their remaining games to equal last years record. Ain't happening folks.
last call

New York, NY

#19 Dec 17, 2007
...the drinking will continue until morale improves...
Terry

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#20 Dec 17, 2007
The Heat suck. Maybe they should hire some white players. Discrimination is rampant in the NBA. Shaq is so old that his granny will rock until she's 101 year old!
Pauline Vanderburgh

AOL

#21 Dec 17, 2007
Why did you get rid of Posey, & Kapano? I can't understand that. Also why did you take Smush Parker.
Lloyd Pittman

Bensalem, PA

#22 Dec 17, 2007
Most of the blame for the Heat problems is the fault of
their coach and president Pat Riley. He had time last
year to resign Kapono, James Posey and Eddie Jones
waited all summer hoping to resign with Miami. He on
vacation some where. He tried to sign to many player that
he knew they would not be able to sign. The type of players
he. has now can not spread the floor. Most teams have
three points shooters that post up, Miami has none..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dorell Wright Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doug Collins decides on future with 76ers (Apr '13) Apr '13 Shiftie 2
News The Sixth Man: Bynum looks at home in Philly (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ginobili 1
News Report: Warriors agree to trade Dorell Wright t... (Jul '12) Jul '12 King Dyce 1
Dorell Wright - nude! (Oct '11) Oct '11 Jenniffer 1
News Candid Cam: Warriors need new coach, then much ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Rey Buenabal 1
News Warriors' improvement open to debate (Apr '11) Apr '11 AVHS Dad 1
News Where Do the Golden State Warriors Go From Here? (Apr '11) Apr '11 AVHS Dad 1
More from around the web