Lakers, Mavericks get familiar

Lakers, Mavericks get familiar

There are 16 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 15, 2009, titled Lakers, Mavericks get familiar. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The Lakers last played Dallas on Nov. 28. They finally meet the Mavericks again this afternoon at Staples Center, and there's a better than average chance they will face them in a first-round playoff series ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

dori

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2009
dallas going to win today ........
Graeme

Santa Paula, CA

#2 Mar 15, 2009
Please.... Dallas sucks, lakers win no problem
blkmaniam

Riverside, CA

#3 Mar 15, 2009
Graeme wrote:
Please.... Dallas sucks, lakers win no problem
ditto
Tiffany

New York, NY

#4 Mar 16, 2009
mavericks are one of the best teams in the nba,a playoff team too,and they can beat the lakers,they dont have josh howard so dont get so exicted,if josh was playin the lakers would've lost
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#5 Mar 16, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
mavericks are one of the best teams in the nba,a playoff team too,and they can beat the lakers,they dont have josh howard so dont get so exicted,if josh was playin the lakers would've lost
Josh The Snitch Howard would not have made a difference.Tiffany, you must have the weave on extra tight today. The lakers own the Mavs always. Ya feel me?
Tiffany

New York, NY

#6 Mar 16, 2009
nah im good,but why is josh a snitch?
Momoney

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Mar 16, 2009
The Mavs are about as much a threat to the Lakers as the Suns, Rockets, and Spurs. Slim to none.
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#8 Mar 16, 2009
Josh was caught smoking weed. He later went on a radio program and ratted out many other NBA and NFl players, calling them out by name. he said they were always smoking weed and even high as a kite during the game, for years... himself included. Now whether it was right or wrong of them to do that didnt give him the right to call out his "friends" and by name; just to lessen the load on himself.

That tells me alot about him....
Tiffany

New York, NY

#9 Mar 16, 2009
the suns,rockets,spurs,and lakers are all playoff teams,but out of all of them,the spurs are the best
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#10 Mar 16, 2009
I agree with you Tiff. But the spurs are getting old. chinobli! is always hurt, duncan has lost a couple steps, although still pretty good even Bowen lost that defensive pep he had. really the only one productive enough is parker. Guess Eva longoria must be keping him young..ya feel me? ;)
Tiffany

New York, NY

#11 Mar 16, 2009
yeah,i feel ya,this time,they are old,but old people know stuff youngins dont know,and they know the game so its no surprise to them, that they made the playoffs or won a championship,i wouldnt be surprised if they won another championship,ya feel me?
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#12 Mar 16, 2009
The fact that they have championship experience is why i agree theyre the best BEHIND the Lakers but the Lakers have owned the Spurs and they have the greatest player on the planet with an even more devastating team than last season! just Wait till bynum returns baby!

Lakers will be firing on all cylinders...

Y A F E E L M E?
Tiffany

New York, NY

#13 Mar 16, 2009
i feel ya,almost,if bynum returns,they still wont be able to win a title,like last year,bynum was there,but it didnt do nothing,what good will it do if he do returns?

do you feel me sweetheart?
tomyupw

United States

#14 Mar 16, 2009
Maybe Jackson can start playing Bynum from the bench in three weeks. If he responds well, then he can increase his playing time as the playoffs begin until he can take over the starting center job when, the Lakers face the Celtics or Cavaliers in the NBA Finals!
Tiffany

New York, NY

#15 Mar 16, 2009
nah,cuz then that will only keep lamar in the startin line up,and i dont like him in the startin line up,i dont like him at all either
The Muffin Man

Torrance, CA

#16 Mar 16, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
i feel ya,almost,if bynum returns,they still wont be able to win a title,like last year,bynum was there,but it didnt do nothing,what good will it do if he do returns?
do you feel me sweetheart?
Dont hate just because you pick a new team every time you change your undies. The Lakers hiccup now & then but Vegas has them as the fav to win it all for good reason. Ya feel me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dirk Nowitzki Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Monta Ellis of Dallas Mavericks Better Overall ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Hsully 1
News Dallas Mavericks are the Team No Playoff Team W... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jake 1
News Mark Cuban: Maybe Lakers should cut Kobe Bryant (Feb '13) Sep '13 sammy 3
News More milestones: Vince Carter shoots past Bird ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Clutch shooting in NBA not for the shy types (Feb '13) Feb '13 mal2991 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Could Look T... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Sammy 2
News Dallas Mavericks showing interest in Greg Oden (Jan '13) Jan '13 quwan 1
More from around the web