Lakers get served a dose of reality

Lakers get served a dose of reality

There are 10 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 30, 2009, titled Lakers get served a dose of reality. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Lakers center Andrew Bynum, back, grabs a rebound against Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki on Friday at Staples Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

vincent vega

United States

#1 Oct 31, 2009
The Lakers looked awful. Kobe was back to old his tricks of trying to win a game all by himself. Artest looked lost and confused for the second game in a row. I was not impressed with the Lakers in their first game against the Clippers and I was even less impressed in yesterday's game.
Steve

Richardson, TX

#2 Oct 31, 2009
Not sure why the Lakers are favorites. The Celtics have Garnett back, and with him back, they have the best team
Celtic Pride

Long Beach, CA

#3 Oct 31, 2009
With Garnett, Celtics win it again last year. Have fun with your tainted title Laker fans. The real kings are coming back for their title again. Rasheed only makes the Celtics better.
marty

San Clemente, CA

#4 Oct 31, 2009
What does steve sax and trevor arriza have in common...I think as the season goes on it may become more apparent...
Caribbean girl

Trinidad and Tobago

#6 Oct 31, 2009
I don't like this article. It's only the first game out of 2 that the Lakers lost and your making sound like there is no hope for the Championship title this year. It totally sounds like a Laker hater wrote this.......... i mean whether you like that or not that should not be evident in your report as someone who does not really follow the game and decided read will like that is the end for LA when in truth and in fact it's only the beginning. So lay off my boys don't make things sound worst that they really are, your killing them here geeeeeeeeeeezz!!
Sammy

Huntsville, Canada

#7 Oct 31, 2009
Caribbean girl wrote:
I don't like this article. It's only the first game out of 2 that the Lakers lost and your making sound like there is no hope for the Championship title this year. It totally sounds like a Laker hater wrote this.......... i mean whether you like that or not that should not be evident in your report as someone who does not really follow the game and decided read will like that is the end for LA when in truth and in fact it's only the beginning. So lay off my boys don't make things sound worst that they really are, your killing them here geeeeeeeeeeezz!!
wha ..sup Trini girl? Ya liming today?
drep79

Miami, FL

#8 Oct 31, 2009
This team is dire need of good point guard play!! The 15 min a game Fish gives us is not enough. Maybe Lakers should see what they can get for Morrison and Farmar.... Maybe even Luke Walton.
eddie

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Oct 31, 2009
Lakers weakness is D. Fisher old guard not the same cannot go in the board. He is not a real point guard why make him as a 3rd stringer give young guard a chance to use their talents. Come own Phil admit Fisher is old for young opponent try Farmer as a starter the ball movement is more faster than Fisher. Like Luke Walton way back as a starter lakers has a problem when you switch to Ariza less problem. Fisher cannot guard Rando or any quick guard. I know you like tall guard but Fisher is 6 footer short and old old old ....
vincent vega

United States

#10 Nov 1, 2009
eddie wrote:
Lakers weakness is D. Fisher old guard not the same cannot go in the board. He is not a real point guard why make him as a 3rd stringer give young guard a chance to use their talents. Come own Phil admit Fisher is old for young opponent try Farmer as a starter the ball movement is more faster than Fisher. Like Luke Walton way back as a starter lakers has a problem when you switch to Ariza less problem. Fisher cannot guard Rando or any quick guard. I know you like tall guard but Fisher is 6 footer short and old old old ....
I totally agree with Eddie. Fisher is too old and Phil needs to start using Farmar or Brown. I personally like Shannon Brown better. He's a 6'4 guard, who is much taller, faster, and younger than Fisher. He can also shoot. I'm a big Laker fan, but I think the Celtics have looked way more impressive in their first three games than the Lakers.
kobefanforever

Chatsworth, CA

#11 Nov 1, 2009
LAKERS WILL RECOVER. THEY ALWAYS LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dirk Nowitzki Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Monta Ellis of Dallas Mavericks Better Overall ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Hsully 1
News Dallas Mavericks are the Team No Playoff Team W... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jake 1
News Mark Cuban: Maybe Lakers should cut Kobe Bryant (Feb '13) Sep '13 sammy 3
News More milestones: Vince Carter shoots past Bird ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Clutch shooting in NBA not for the shy types (Feb '13) Feb '13 mal2991 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Could Look T... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Sammy 2
News Dallas Mavericks showing interest in Greg Oden (Jan '13) Jan '13 quwan 1
More from around the web