Praise for Houston before win streak ends

Full story: El Paso Times

Turning on the computer to find out the Houston Rockets' win streak has reached 20 games is like picking up your car from Maaco.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2008
Terry McDaniel

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

I am sure none of the Rockets read your article but with Charlotte and The Lakers laying in a ditch along Interstate 10 and numbers 21 and 22 in the bag, what powerful prediction do you have for Boston and Houston tonight, Jim? Regardless, who you play in the NBA,you can be beat any given night, 22 wins deserves better respect. That's second best in the history of the NBA. Yeah, odds are in Boston's favor, bet that's gonna be a toughie for you to pick. Go 23 Go Rockets
iMotionsrt-4

Siren, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Somebody give the Houston Rockets respect? Yeah right, people across the nation have always looked down on certain teams, the rockets being one of them. We didn't even change minds when they won their first title. They didn't even get a "Sports Illustrated" special editon because they weren't marketable, and all that stuff.

I mean people are even bagging on the streak saying that we "haven't played any good teams".
The schedules are made, we don't get a choice of who to play. You play what it says, and any team can get beat on any given night. The Hawks were taking it to the Rockets and couldn't pull it out.
And if 22 straight was so easy why isn't every team winning 22 in a row?

Houston will NEVER gain the respect of the nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dikembe Mutombo Discussions

Search the Dikembe Mutombo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Stopping former Rocket Goran Dragic big task fo... (Mar '13) Mar '13 rocketfever76 1
Dikembe Mutombo blocks for GEICO in Super Bowl ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 sara gottesman 1
NBA lockout: Derek Fisher to play in 'Obama Cla... (Nov '11) Nov '11 scout 1
Ron Artest, health of Yao Ming and Tracy McGrad... (May '09) May '09 hound dog 1
Mutombo: 'For Me, Basketball Is Over' (Apr '09) Apr '09 triple6vamp 8
Mutombo makes instant impact (Jan '09) Jan '09 Upstatecat88 1
Jugadores latinos ser n protagonistas en playof... (Jun '08) Jun '08 leila 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••