Ohio.com - LeBron's jump shot improving

Ohio.com - LeBron's jump shot improving

There are 8 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 31, 2007, titled Ohio.com - LeBron's jump shot improving. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

How that would be possible was unclear. James needed rest after the longest season of his career.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Dober_man

Medina, OH

#1 Aug 31, 2007
I wonder if Hughes is practicing his "jump shot".
Josh

New Philadelphia, OH

#2 Aug 31, 2007
Nevermind Hughes' jump shot... I just hope he's eating some vitamins and drinking lots of milk. That guy is the Lee Suggs of the NBA.
T-Dash

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Aug 31, 2007
probably not dober. i'm not upset we brought him here since he was the best we could get at the time. but if he played like he did in DC we'd be champions. he's no jump shooter and continues to take bad shot after bad shot. if he'd slash like he used to we wouldn't have as many offensive woes. instead he's afraid of getting hurt and plays on the perimeter. plus he's not tough at all.
The Boss

United States

#4 Aug 31, 2007
I think Larry helps the Cavs more than people realize. He isn't afraid to shoot the ball and he gets other players besides Lebron involved. It may not show statistically, but this gives the Cavs more balance and probably explains somewhat why the Cavs have such a higher winning percentage when Larry plays. I don't think that they would have won the Pistons series without him playing the minutes that he did despite being injured.
I think that Larry's diminishing attack of the hoop comes from the hand and leg injuries... not from fear. Supposedly, he can no longer palm a basketball with his right hand. I think that the best way he can help the Cavs going forward is to become a pentrate-and-dish player rather than a finisher.
Plus, he shot over 35% on his 3-pointers in the playoffs, which was second best on the team. I think he gets a bad rap for being a worse shooter than he really is. Now, Eric Snow... there's a poor shooter.
Does anybody realize that on a team with 50 wins, the Cavs were outscored with Eric Snow on the court last year? He's set to make $6.7 million this year, and likely will play sparingly. Yet, nobody seems to talk about his contract much. Maybe it's because he's such a good guy and a local product. As far as I know, Larry's a good dude, too.
As for the interest in Mutombo, Adonal Foyle just signed for Orlando for a little over a million dollars. He was second last year in blocks per minute and has led the NBA in this category earlier in his career. I feel that the Cavs missed an opportunity to fill the backup center role with the best-available player, which would have left Anderson to play mainly backup forward and Donyell to be an excellent third-string forward/center that has a skill not possessed by the other four... three-point capability. Why was there no interest in Foyle?
Dog

Hartville, OH

#5 Aug 31, 2007
The Boss wrote:
I think Larry helps the Cavs more than people realize. He isn't afraid to shoot the ball and he gets other players besides Lebron involved. It may not show statistically, but this gives the Cavs more balance and probably explains somewhat why the Cavs have such a higher winning percentage when Larry plays. I don't think that they would have won the Pistons series without him playing the minutes that he did despite being injured.
I think that Larry's diminishing attack of the hoop comes from the hand and leg injuries... not from fear. Supposedly, he can no longer palm a basketball with his right hand. I think that the best way he can help the Cavs going forward is to become a pentrate-and-dish player rather than a finisher.
Plus, he shot over 35% on his 3-pointers in the playoffs, which was second best on the team. I think he gets a bad rap for being a worse shooter than he really is. Now, Eric Snow... there's a poor shooter.
Does anybody realize that on a team with 50 wins, the Cavs were outscored with Eric Snow on the court last year? He's set to make $6.7 million this year, and likely will play sparingly. Yet, nobody seems to talk about his contract much. Maybe it's because he's such a good guy and a local product. As far as I know, Larry's a good dude, too.
As for the interest in Mutombo, Adonal Foyle just signed for Orlando for a little over a million dollars. He was second last year in blocks per minute and has led the NBA in this category earlier in his career. I feel that the Cavs missed an opportunity to fill the backup center role with the best-available player, which would have left Anderson to play mainly backup forward and Donyell to be an excellent third-string forward/center that has a skill not possessed by the other four... three-point capability. Why was there no interest in Foyle?
BullS**t Larry Sucks, 4 on 5 when he is in the game
OldManGrump

Canton, OH

#6 Aug 31, 2007
Cut Larry Hughes as he is a poor excuse for a jump shooter.

LBJ needs help, and because of the mortgage crisis, it looks like Dan the money man won't get him any.

Celtics are 100% improved. Cavs are 20% worse.
They are now behind Detroit & Boston in the east.
Sidney

Nassau, Bahamas

#7 Aug 31, 2007
I am a big lebron james fan and if not for his poor shooting he would be the best player in the NBA. He can shoot the ball but he isn't consistant. If he is consistant he will be two much for any Defence to handle. Example the Lebron in the playoffs game 5 vs Detroit he dominated.
Sidney

Nassau, Bahamas

#8 Aug 31, 2007
Spurs he will be back and Boston you don't scae us with your big three.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dikembe Mutombo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stopping former Rocket Goran Dragic big task fo... (Mar '13) Mar '13 rocketfever76 1
News Dikembe Mutombo blocks for GEICO in Super Bowl ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 sara gottesman 1
News NBA lockout: Derek Fisher to play in 'Obama Cla... (Nov '11) Nov '11 scout 1
News Ron Artest, health of Yao Ming and Tracy McGrad... (May '09) May '09 hound dog 1
News Mutombo: 'For Me, Basketball Is Over' (Apr '09) Apr '09 triple6vamp 8
News Mutombo makes instant impact (Jan '09) Jan '09 Upstatecat88 1
News Jugadores latinos ser n protagonistas en playof... (Jun '08) Jun '08 leila 1
More from around the web