Pro basketball player's home site of ...

Pro basketball player's home site of gunfire -- OrlandoSentinel...

There are 34 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 21, 2007, titled Pro basketball player's home site of gunfire -- OrlandoSentinel.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A shootout early Monday at former Orlando Magic player DeShawn Stevenson's house north of Windermere has left one man with gunshot wounds and numerous unanswered questions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Neighbor

Orlando, FL

#23 Aug 21, 2007
I live in the same neighborhood as this Deshawn guy. And I jogged by his house at 6am the morning after the shooting -- I saw at least 3 bullet holes in the windows of two different cars, a sedan and an SUV, as well as a side rear view mirror that was broken off the sedan. This wasn't a couple of shots -- it was a gun battle. As a homeowner in the neighborhood where this happened with children at home, I am seriously pissed. Were the guns registered? Was this self-defense? Why is everybody not cooperating with the police? How often does this guy have an armed and reckless entourage staying with him? Is this crap going to happen again? I would like to see someone press this story some more.
UF ALUM

Lady Lake, FL

#24 Aug 21, 2007
MSF wrote:
<quoted text>
actually i do and like i said, don't judge others based on what you read in the media.
I don't need an incident like this to judge DeShawn Stevenson...

But admitt it, there is something else going on that everyone is trying to cover up....
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#25 Aug 21, 2007
Ummmm..is it safe to play a race card here...
hhahahaha...this is great...just great....
Vick....now this....what else is new?!
Same ol same ol

Kissimmee, FL

#26 Aug 21, 2007
Neighbor wrote:
I live in the same neighborhood as this Deshawn guy. And I jogged by his house at 6am the morning after the shooting -- I saw at least 3 bullet holes in the windows of two different cars, a sedan and an SUV, as well as a side rear view mirror that was broken off the sedan. This wasn't a couple of shots -- it was a gun battle. As a homeowner in the neighborhood where this happened with children at home, I am seriously pissed. Were the guns registered? Was this self-defense? Why is everybody not cooperating with the police? How often does this guy have an armed and reckless entourage staying with him? Is this crap going to happen again? I would like to see someone press this story some more.
Unfortunately some of the M.O.N.K.I.E.S get lucky and make enough money to live in your neighborhood, and this is what you get. You'll have to move somewhere far from here to get away from all these M.O.N.K.I.E.S.- they are everywhere. Who in Orlando wants to argue about the value of segregation now. They just move in and take over and run things down. Show me one neighborhood they've taken over that hasn't gone to S.H.I.T..
UCFGrad

Oviedo, FL

#27 Aug 21, 2007
MSF wrote:
If you read the articles and listen to the news, it CLEARLY states Deshawn was NOT involved. That is a FACT written in the POLICE REPORT.
In reference to all negative comments below, these type of incidents happen 24/7 all across the world. Would you have anything to say if Joe Smith had a shooting in front of his house by Phil Jones, a felon? Probably not. It saddens me that the media will use Deshawn's name as much as possible because he is in the NBA. He has done nothing wrong. READ the police report. Do your research before you speak.
And I'm pretty sure there was another shooting in the news all day yesterday that involved the family of a witness...was that BLOWN up and criticized by you people? NO! why? Because who cares what happens to a regular Joe when you can obsess over the life of an NBA player and his friends. You people are pathetic.
Long story short, if you don't know the people involved, don't be so quick to judge.
The Police Report simply states what was told to them. So if you can believe DeShawn's posse, then so be it. lol! And BTW...DeShawn is no angel...just look at all the "shady" activity he has been involved in since he was a star basketball player back HS. He needs to grow up and loose the Thug Life or his career is DONE (just like Vick's is)
D Stevenson

Winter Haven, FL

#28 Aug 21, 2007
O.K., let's clear the air. I was NOT driving a black Porsche Cayenne at 100 mph on I-4, shooting at that pickup truck a couple of months ago. And if I was driving the Porsche, I was sleeping anyway. I DO NOT WANT TO PROSECUTE THE GUY THAT I SHOT AT!!!!!
Day

Fairfax, VA

#29 Aug 21, 2007
I thought Stevenson was a registerd sex offender from his days in highschool
Same ol same ol

Kissimmee, FL

#30 Aug 21, 2007
You can't take M.O.N.K.I.E.S. out of the jungle and expect them to get along with humans.
D Stevenson

Winter Haven, FL

#31 Aug 21, 2007
MSF wrote:
If you read the articles and listen to the news, it CLEARLY states Deshawn was NOT involved. That is a FACT written in the POLICE REPORT.
In reference to all negative comments below, these type of incidents happen 24/7 all across the world. Would you have anything to say if Joe Smith had a shooting in front of his house by Phil Jones, a felon? Probably not. It saddens me that the media will use Deshawn's name as much as possible because he is in the NBA. He has done nothing wrong. READ the police report. Do your research before you speak.
And I'm pretty sure there was another shooting in the news all day yesterday that involved the family of a witness...was that BLOWN up and criticized by you people? NO! why? Because who cares what happens to a regular Joe when you can obsess over the life of an NBA player and his friends. You people are pathetic.
Long story short, if you don't know the people involved, don't be so quick to judge.
Finally someone who understands me. You're right-24/7, all over the world, people, and I mean good, law-abiding citizens unlike me, have felons coming to and shooting up their homes. It's a well-established fact. And, by the way, I did not rape that girl in high school....she asked for it. You understand, don't you?
Diogenes

Houston, TX

#32 Aug 22, 2007
lippido wrote:
And the NBA, specifically the Orlando Magic, want us to build them a new playhouse. Just so they can keep the thug life active in Orlando.
Let's vote on the venues and when they fail to get enough votes the Magic and all their NBA thugs will leave.
We don't have a choice. When the 'big boys' make a deal to build them all we can do is stand back and watch. When election time comes they could care less if they get re-elected because they've made millions and they've made the connections to make millions more. That's how politics works!
vader

Winter Garden, FL

#33 Aug 22, 2007
Well, based on a lot of these comments, I'm sure glad that everyone is PERFECT!
Yea right, grow up.... It's obvious and sad that a lot of people still are filled with HATE!
MSF

Apopka, FL

#34 Aug 22, 2007
D Stevenson wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally someone who understands me. You're right-24/7, all over the world, people, and I mean good, law-abiding citizens unlike me, have felons coming to and shooting up their homes. It's a well-established fact. And, by the way, I did not rape that girl in high school....she asked for it. You understand, don't you?
This is sad for so many reasons. OBVIOUSLY you are posing as Deshawn and that in itself is pathetic. Secondly, AGAIN i must repeat b/c so many people assume things without knowing the FACTS...Deshawn was not found guilty of RAPE. The girl openly admitted to poilce she slept with him and only said it was rape at first to get back at him. Case closed. Being close-minded and judgemental is not a good thing. Oh, but I'm sure you're all angels and flawless...HA!

Since: May 07

Lakeland, FL

#35 Aug 24, 2007
Same ol same ol wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately some of the M.O.N.K.I.E.S get lucky and make enough money to live in your neighborhood, and this is what you get. You'll have to move somewhere far from here to get away from all these M.O.N.K.I.E.S.- they are everywhere. Who in Orlando wants to argue about the value of segregation now. They just move in and take over and run things down. Show me one neighborhood they've taken over that hasn't gone to S.H.I.T..
First of all, it is truly sad that racism is alive and well here in Orlando and so is envy by those who can't afford the things that others have. It's also sad that the Sentinel would allow this on this site. You are a really big man and I'm sure you wouldn't mind printing your real names and addresses in your racist statements so the entire world can see just who you truly are. This is a sport site not a KKK rally.
gatorhippy

San Antonio, TX

#36 Aug 24, 2007
You would thnk hanging out with Ronnie Milsap would hurt his street cred...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeShawn Stevenson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd had a 1... (Jun '11) Jun '11 best team 1
News NBA Finals: Another comeback lets Mavs even ser... (Jun '11) Jun '11 MarkL5 4
News Minnesota Timberwolves: Ryan Hollins suspended (Mar '10) Mar '10 Tiffany 5
News Al Jefferson returns with a vengeance, but Timb... (Mar '10) Mar '10 brave_dave 7
News Butler: Wizards' trio envisioned their jerseys ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wizard hater 2
News Click to read:NBA Suspends Wizards' Arenas Inde... (Jan '10) Jan '10 uncle bill 3
News NBA Suspends Wizards' Arenas Indefinitely (Jan '10) Jan '10 Discerner 6
More from around the web