Pro basketball player's home site of gunfire -- OrlandoSentinel...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A shootout early Monday at former Orlando Magic player DeShawn Stevenson's house north of Windermere has left one man with gunshot wounds and numerous unanswered questions.
Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tourist

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

Business as usual with these people. Pro players in any sport are declining in number as "thugs" take over the sports fields.
No shock to anybody. They make millions but still live as they did before.
Once again they should be put out of the sport...one foul and you are out....period!
It will keep happening and get worse.
UCFGrad

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

Thug life at it's finest!
MarkZ

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

Kudos to the sentinel. The initial story surrounding this gunfire was hard to follow.

Hey Stevenson, most of us aren't buying your crap about being asleep at the time.

Hey Gangsta. Aka Ruff. Grow up. I get the feeling you couldn't handle the fact that a 'ball player' could potentially nail the woman.
Diogenes

Rockledge, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

Now how in the world did a guy who had been arrested 14 times on 44 drug- and violence-related charges end up with a pistol? Wasn't there a background check done when he bought it? Or did he have it all this time - over the course of 14 arrests? Or did he buy it on the street like most criminals do? I would bet he bought it on the street just like eveyone keeps telling the anti-gun fanatics will happen if they try to outlaw guns. The criminals will still get them whenever and where ever they want. It's the law biding citizen who would not have access to them.
Cheryl

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

HE IS JUST AS BAD AS MICHEAL VICK
threepointer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

Windermere is becoming the next Pine Hills
newscalculus

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

no one killed...no big deal...settled on the streets like its supposed too. You guys are now allowed to go back to your pristine "cookie cutter" worlds...suckers
ADM

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

threepointer wrote:
Windermere is becoming the next Pine Hills
that's the dumbest post i think i've ever seen anybody make....you honestly can't be serious are you?
ADM

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

more NBA thug life......the NBA is a disgrace and it's rigged nowadays so why does anybody bother to pay attention to this sport?
UF ALUM

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

"Stevenson said he had been asleep, according to reports."

Is that quote related to the shooting that he was involved in or his NBA career?
Orange County Watch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

You are know by the people you associate with.

You can take the man out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the man.(Michael Vick included)
UF ALUM

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

Carl Spackler wrote:
Man the NBA has some serious problems. If your Stevenson, why would you put yourself in that position. You're running with a guy that has been arrested 14 times on 44 drug and violence related charges. He's lucky he signed that deal with the Wizards, if this would have happend before the contract, his contract would have gone poof, up in smoke.
Heres what happened: DeShawn and his "boys" went to a club picked up some girls and wanted to bring them back to his place for obvious reasons...

One of these girls was with this Ruff guy before...he wanted to bring her back to his place and she said no, I'm going to DeShawn's place.

He gets jealous and follows, then opens fire, and DeShawns "boys fire back...then Deshawns "boys" cover for their meal ticket because he's in the NBA, Ruff says he knows nothing because...becasue...well, that I'm not sure of...but I guess if he pressed chargges they would too and he probably wants to avoid some more jail time...

My question is, how does a felon like Ruff afford a Cadilac Escalade?
MSF

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

If you read the articles and listen to the news, it CLEARLY states Deshawn was NOT involved. That is a FACT written in the POLICE REPORT.

In reference to all negative comments below, these type of incidents happen 24/7 all across the world. Would you have anything to say if Joe Smith had a shooting in front of his house by Phil Jones, a felon? Probably not. It saddens me that the media will use Deshawn's name as much as possible because he is in the NBA. He has done nothing wrong. READ the police report. Do your research before you speak.

And I'm pretty sure there was another shooting in the news all day yesterday that involved the family of a witness...was that BLOWN up and criticized by you people? NO! why? Because who cares what happens to a regular Joe when you can obsess over the life of an NBA player and his friends. You people are pathetic.

Long story short, if you don't know the people involved, don't be so quick to judge.
Tietrack

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

The only thing worse then the millionaire criminals of the NBA are thre stupid fans that pay money to see these thugs jumping around on the court. They are no talent street "gangstas" as shown by the way they are trounced when they play against talented teams at the Olympics.
UF ALUM

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

MSF wrote:
If you read the articles and listen to the news, it CLEARLY states Deshawn was NOT involved. That is a FACT written in the POLICE REPORT.
In reference to all negative comments below, these type of incidents happen 24/7 all across the world. Would you have anything to say if Joe Smith had a shooting in front of his house by Phil Jones, a felon? Probably not. It saddens me that the media will use Deshawn's name as much as possible because he is in the NBA. He has done nothing wrong. READ the police report. Do your research before you speak.
And I'm pretty sure there was another shooting in the news all day yesterday that involved the family of a witness...was that BLOWN up and criticized by you people? NO! why? Because who cares what happens to a regular Joe when you can obsess over the life of an NBA player and his friends. You people are pathetic.
Long story short, if you don't know the people involved, don't be so quick to judge.
You must know one of these guys...Of course its in the police report, the report is based on the informaton given to police by the people involved...I hope you're not their attorney.

Its much easier to not be involved at all than it is to explain to the commisioner of a league that doesn't need you what really happened during a time whene they are battling image problems...
Pachacutec

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

MSF wrote:
Ok so he wasn't directly involved; so what kind of people is he hanging with that shoot each other? Oh well, another pro athlete in trouble, just another day, on to the next story...
JailHim

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

It sounds like Ruff needs to be arrested and kept in jail!
MSF

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

UF ALUM wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know one of these guys...Of course its in the police report, the report is based on the informaton given to police by the people involved...I hope you're not their attorney.
Its much easier to not be involved at all than it is to explain to the commisioner of a league that doesn't need you what really happened during a time whene they are battling image problems...
actually i do and like i said, don't judge others based on what you read in the media.

“Baseball Hall of Famer”

Since: Jul 07

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

And the NBA, specifically the Orlando Magic, want us to build them a new playhouse. Just so they can keep the thug life active in Orlando.

Let's vote on the venues and when they fail to get enough votes the Magic and all their NBA thugs will leave.

“Baseball Hall of Famer”

Since: Jul 07

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

MSF wrote:
Yep, and the THUG Michael Vick said he didn't do anything either. He couldn't wait to clear his name I think the quote was. Let's wait to see how this all pans out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent DeShawn Stevenson Discussions

Search the DeShawn Stevenson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd had a 1... (Jun '11) Jun '11 best team 1
NBA Finals: Another comeback lets Mavs even ser... (Jun '11) Jun '11 MarkL5 4
Minnesota Timberwolves: Ryan Hollins suspended (Mar '10) Mar '10 Tiffany 5
Al Jefferson returns with a vengeance, but Timb... (Mar '10) Mar '10 brave_dave 7
Butler: Wizards' trio envisioned their jerseys ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wizard hater 2
Click to read:NBA Suspends Wizards' Arenas Inde... (Jan '10) Jan '10 uncle bill 3
NBA Suspends Wizards' Arenas Indefinitely (Jan '10) Jan '10 Discerner 6
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••