Straight to the point

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

As most NBA observers were heralding the rebirth of the take-charge point guard this past season, Heat President Pat Riley was noting something else.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2008
Tanya Larina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

It is the 2nd pick you know? I agree a pg who is not a pure playmaker should generally be considered but not that high.
At #2 give me the playmakers, pg or not.
Franco

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Get a power forward, Riley....NOW
UDONIS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

I only see a 6'8" small forward or a point guard. Who do you have in mind, Randolph or Love?
DOM

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

I see a big draft night trade coming, for BRand or Boozer, or maybe even Jermain Oneill. Plus, I see us trading down for OJ if we get the Big. YOu guys do have to agree that if we get the Big in free agency, we need the combo guard to play with DWADE. OJ MAYO IS THE ONE
DOM

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

UDONIS wrote:
I only see a 6'8" small forward or a point guard. Who do you have in mind, Randolph or Love?
I AGREE WITH YOU--------Miami right now has 2 6 ft 8 guys that can average a double double, and are resigning wright at SF. If beasley was 6 11 like a Duncan, we need that. But we need a Guard that can let wade roam. We are making a trade for mayo, and unload banks
Reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

trade down for mayo, or if further down, bayless....pick up one of the above mentioned...

or better yet, draft Lopez at #2...19 years old, 7' 5" wingspan...better moves and scoring ability than Timmy D AT THAT age...just needs to get a tougher, more mature NBA body to defend the post.
Michael F

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Name a championship team since jordan's retirement that has had a mediocre front court? Yeah this whole rebirth of the guard is cute, but if you don't have a superstar player at PF or C, you're not getting a ring. Lets recall since jordan's retirement who has won the rings. Shaq, Duncan, Rasheed Wallace with Ben Wallace, and Kevin Garnett. My conclusion, draft Beasley.
reggie

Darien, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Michael F wrote:
Name a championship team since jordan's retirement that has had a mediocre front court? Yeah this whole rebirth of the guard is cute, but if you don't have a superstar player at PF or C, you're not getting a ring. Lets recall since jordan's retirement who has won the rings. Shaq, Duncan, Rasheed Wallace with Ben Wallace, and Kevin Garnett. My conclusion, draft Beasley.
please dont compare beasly to shaq and duncun he not that good
Reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Beasley reminds me of Tayshan Prince (sic?), now with Detroit...great shooter, can go to the hole, skinny, left handed.

Not a low post banger...also plays a lot like Marion, but without the NBA body.

Do we need Lopez more? May get to 7'1" or 7'2"...HUGE wingspan, great shot blocker and low post scorer, but with a thin 19 year old body.

With Rose...you get D. Wade....same player.....great penetrater, ball-handler, strong.

I haven't followed the Heat much this last year, so I speak from ignorance as to who we have that is worth keeping, what with their salaries, age, and output.

I just know these 3 are all probably going to be above-average to very solid NBA players.
miami

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Michael F wrote:
The problem is that Beasley doesn't have the size of all the players you have mentioned, Shaq, Duncan, Wallace, Ben Wallace, Ganrenette....even Ben Wallace is considered small among those giants...Beasley will be a good player and maybe a great scorer. But that won't solve the size problem for miami...they need strength and size in under the basket...at both positions (center and power forward). It was too much for Shaq to hold down the fort by himself under the basket. They needed another big player to defend and help.
Get Gordon

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

OJ Mayo is over-rated...Gordon is explosive and plays pretty much like D-Wade, but has NBA 3pt range. He gets to the rim and the line. A backcourt of Wade and Gordon would be awesome!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Deron Williams Discussions

Search the Deron Williams Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
D-Will Brooklyn Highlight Vid (Nov '12) Nov '12 black m4mb4 1
NBA Free Agents 2012: Can the Portland Trail Bl... (May '12) May '12 Shea 1
Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Dealing for Howard ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 5
Lin's career night leads Knicks over Nets, 99-92 (Feb '12) Feb '12 PatrickChewing 23
Nets Downed By Nuggets (Jan '12) Jan '12 dem 1
deron going hard in europe (Sep '11) Sep '11 real hoops 1
Best trade fits for Paul, Howard and Williams (Jun '11) Jul '11 pure faith 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••