Tendinitis in knee will sideline Bull...

Tendinitis in knee will sideline Bulls' Derrick Rose

There are 16 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 11, 2008, titled Tendinitis in knee will sideline Bulls' Derrick Rose. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

One day after team officials expressed optimism he could play Thursday, the Bulls instead shut top pick Derrick Rose down for the remainder of summer league because of tendinitis in his right knee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

jim

Japan

#1 Jul 11, 2008
How are Beasley's knees doing?
jamie

United States

#2 Jul 11, 2008
I said all along, the BULLS are cursed. Call it the curse of MJ. It did not matter who they drafted 1 Beasley or Rose, they both would have been busts.
Fire Pax

Schaumburg, IL

#3 Jul 11, 2008
jamie wrote:
I said all along, the BULLS are cursed. Call it the curse of MJ. It did not matter who they drafted 1 Beasley or Rose, they both would have been busts.
Well the curse of MJ must affect him too cause every team he has been with has sucked.
Favre

Schaumburg, IL

#5 Jul 11, 2008
Yeah Rose is definitely a bust - I don't think he will make the summer league all-star team.
Mike Robinette

Tucson, AZ

#6 Jul 11, 2008
Should have picked Beasely. Another first round bust on the way. Boy are kids soft these days.
johnny wishbone

Hammond, IN

#7 Jul 11, 2008
He's f@[email protected] up already!
bullseye8ball

United States

#8 Jul 11, 2008
19 and tendonitis does not bode well
thedrive

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Jul 12, 2008
I would like to give the bulls fans and paxson a big thankyou for the gift you brought us here in Miami. Let's just say that we owe you guys a big one. Rose is definitely a bust. If it is not evident now then it will be in regular season. Too mechanical. poor free throw shooting, horrible shooting form. Beasely is a bad boy and there is tremendous upside for him. Even Joakim Noah said it. "Bad Boy" Oh and keep in mind that Beasely did all this work with a fractured sternum and bruised shin. Rose was simply horrible and you guys blame it on tendinitis. 95 percent of nba players have tendinitis so i am not buying that. Oh and it sad that rose is already frustrated with del negro style of play and he confided with his ole teammate CDR to vent his frustrations. OH OH!!! once again thank you guys or everything.
Troot

Gary, IN

#10 Jul 12, 2008
Mike Robinette wrote:
Should have picked Beasely. Another first round bust on the way. Boy are kids soft these days.
Really? You are ready to give up on the kid over SUMMER LEAGUE? People are insane on these forums...take a breath!
John Paxson is a Moron

Balsam Lake, WI

#11 Jul 12, 2008
I cannot wait for John Paxson to get fired. He is a complete idiot for passing on Beasley. Just wait, even you moron Rose supporters are going to realize it by the time one month of the season has progressed how delusional Paxson and the rest of Chicago were. I just want to know what excuses we will hear from all you supposed knowledgeable basketball players when this kid is not even posting K. Hinrich numbers and Beasley is getting play on espn every night while posting 20 and 10.
John Paxson is a Moron

Balsam Lake, WI

#12 Jul 12, 2008
Jamie, it does matter who they drafted. They should have drafted the best player, which was not even close to being Rose. Instead, idi0ts in Chicago, keeping talking stupid talk, i.e. how we had to draft him because he was local (as if that should even matter), how he will make everyone so much better (don't you think that is a lot of pressure to put on a 19 year old kid who does not score a lot and who is not on a good team), how, according to J. Paxson and other idi0ts, he will win games without scoring (last time I checked the team with the most points at the end of the game wins), how he is a great leader (yea, he's 19 and I am sure everyone is just going to listen to this kid and, in case you missed it, he really led his team real well down the stretch against Kansas, which was the biggest friggen choke I have seen in a very long time). I think if we ever want to have a good bulls teams, we need to commandeer a train, put J. Paxson, the idi0t Chicago sports writters, and the rest of the idi0t Bulls fans that thought this was a good draft pick, and send them out of town. Why do we have to have the stup1dest sports fans in the country. Just wait Chicago the laughs are coming. We could have had a guy in Beasley that gives you 20 and 10 for the next 15 years. Anyone with even rudimentary basketball knowledge knows that those guys don't come around that often.
chris

Delray Beach, FL

#13 Jul 12, 2008
yeah joakim can score 20 &10 on a team that won 15 games relax with the Gatorade talk heat fans
jim

Japan

#14 Jul 12, 2008
Here's my starting team for 08. Stacy King at power forward, The other big guy from East Iowa drafted 5th overall during pink Floyd's coaching tenure (another "home boy"), you know who after miraculous recovery from accident at one guard, and Derrick (tendinitis home boy) at the other, and for center of course its got to be Bill Winnington, or let's see if Luc's available.

Gone through incorrect drafting/tradiing
Tyson Chandler (gone for Big Ben)(I hated that deal, and everyone knew a 30-something 6 9" center with NO scoring ability was suspect. Logic, he'll make us tough on defense.
Hello NBA needs scoring at center, otherwise we could trade for 43 year old Motombo. Hey that's a thought. Why couldn't they imagine he might be a personality problem with a fiery coach like Scott Skiles? Give an over the hill non-shooter respect for past deeds, but never get started with a 19-year old scoring machine like Beasely because of "changing High Schools, a little teenage rambunctiousness"?
Last year's pick of Noah...."don't Bogart that joint, my friend" Any one need a reason why the dude can't become an offensive force?
Tyrus T. Still hoping he turns into something great, and hope looks don't tell the story, because you can just see something there (or not there).
Deng and Ben? I hope their turning down 50 M (50 Million $!?; you know the line, what can you do with 60 M that you can't do with 50 M.?!?) and then both having terrible years isn't the end of their illustrious careers.

Really, is there any team that has deteriorated this month in such a short time? Where and when does the buck stop Jerry Reinsdorf?
ert

United States

#15 Jul 13, 2008
John Paxson is a ****:“I just want to know what excuses we will hear from all you supposed knowledgeable basketball players when this kid is not even posting K. Hinrich numbers…”

When Hinrich didn’t have double-digit assists, they said it’s because Hinrich is a terrible PG (or not a “pure or true’ PG) who didn’t pass the ball to his teammates well. Nobody pointed out that the main reasons that CP3, D-Will and Nash can post double-digit assists are (i) they have at least two great offensive Bigs in their frontcourt (the frontcourt of the Hornets, Jazz and Suns-before Marion’s trade consists of THREE all-star/all-star-caliber players); (2) these PGs NEVER, ever need to guard those bigger/stronger SGs or the opposing best offensive guards ( Hinrich had to do so for 82+ games per season and for several years; that’s a main reason Hinrich is often in foul trouble and part of reasons he got injured - eg, his rib injury last year was due to having to guard 6-7 tall G-F players in the game against the Sonic). So move him to SG position is a very BAD idea; also where are Hughes/Thabo/Gordon going to play? The Bulls should trade Hinrich in this offseason, instead of continuously misusing him and hindering his growth as a PG (if not partially destroying his career already).

Well, now when Rose has lower number of assists, Chicago fans will say (have already said) it’s because Rose doesn’t have good teammates surround him; had Rose’s teammates make shots, Rose’s assistant numbers could be much higher. In the past, whenever things went wrong, it’s all Kirk or Hinrich’s fault. But from now on, it’s all Rose’s teammates’ fault.

Are you sure “a train” is enough? You’ll need 2 trains at least.
Fire Pax

Schaumburg, IL

#16 Jul 14, 2008
ert wrote:
John Paxson is a ****:“I just want to know what excuses we will hear from all you supposed knowledgeable basketball players when this kid is not even posting K. Hinrich numbers…”
When Hinrich didn’t have double-digit assists, they said it’s because Hinrich is a terrible PG (or not a “pure or true’ PG) who didn’t pass the ball to his teammates well. Nobody pointed out that the main reasons that CP3, D-Will and Nash can post double-digit assists are (i) they have at least two great offensive Bigs in their frontcourt (the frontcourt of the Hornets, Jazz and Suns-before Marion’s trade consists of THREE all-star/all-star-caliber players); (2) these PGs NEVER, ever need to guard those bigger/stronger SGs or the opposing best offensive guards ( Hinrich had to do so for 82+ games per season and for several years; that’s a main reason Hinrich is often in foul trouble and part of reasons he got injured - eg, his rib injury last year was due to having to guard 6-7 tall G-F players in the game against the Sonic). So move him to SG position is a very BAD idea; also where are Hughes/Thabo/Gordon going to play? The Bulls should trade Hinrich in this offseason, instead of continuously misusing him and hindering his growth as a PG (if not partially destroying his career already).
Well, now when Rose has lower number of assists, Chicago fans will say (have already said) it’s because Rose doesn’t have good teammates surround him; had Rose’s teammates make shots, Rose’s assistant numbers could be much higher. In the past, whenever things went wrong, it’s all Kirk or Hinrich’s fault. But from now on, it’s all Rose’s teammates’ fault.
Are you sure “a train” is enough? You’ll need 2 trains at least.
I agree! I said it all last year too. What PG would have done well with that bulls team last year??? Playing next to a buster in Gordon who can't gaurd sixth graders or dribble and the rest of the front court that can't score! Pick Beasley if you are going to bring in a stud. Why would you bring in a project PG who is going to get no help from his team or a coaching staff with no experience? Rose is a horrible choice if they don't make a trade this season will be worse than last Garuanteed.
Cam

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Nov 15, 2008
Turns out Rose is a bust.

Or one of the better players in the league.

One of the two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Demetris Nichols Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Derrick Rose prepares for first circus trip (Nov '08) Dec '08 Tiffany 9
News Hinrich out 12 weeks with thumb injury (Nov '08) Nov '08 Goofy 23
News Nagging injuries limiting progress under Del Negro (Oct '08) Oct '08 Mark N 3
News Beasley scores while Rose learns (Jul '08) Jul '08 Fire Pax 63
News Derrick Rose has 10 points in summer-league deb... (Jul '08) Jul '08 moe 1
News Miami Heat will play Derrick Rose-led Bulls in ... (Jul '08) Jul '08 test 10
News Miami Heat will play Derrick Rose-led Bulls in ... (Jul '08) Jul '08 reggie 2
More from around the web