LeBron supports further trading

LeBron supports further trading

There are 106 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 19, 2008, titled LeBron supports further trading. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Published on Monday, May 19, 2008 BOSTON: When last season ended, a month later and on a much grander stage, LeBron James said he thought that he needed to make major personal improvements for the Cavaliers to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Gatorfan

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1 May 19, 2008
Lebron needs some fine tuning alright, he is too much of a ball hog for the Cavs to ever acquire a championship. He does not give his fellow players a chance to even get involved. He ends up with lots of assists and people think he is so great, but his assists are out of necesity due to the fact he tries to go one on 5 all the time. Yesterday we needed a good shot and he hoisted three pointers, we needed a three and he goes one on four for a two. He is just not very basketball intelligent, it is more about him wanting to be a hero and getting in a shooting match with Pierce and we all know Lebron will never win a shooting match
Old Man Grump

Akron, OH

#2 May 19, 2008
I'm sure Danny Ferry will find an available all star or two in the offseason to support LeBron, just like the Celtics did last offseason. The Cavs & Dan Gilbert are committed to winning a championship before LeBron leaves for NY in a couple years.

Get rid of the dead wood like Eric Snow [can't shoot, deliver assists, or shoot foul shots, but waves a mean towel], Wally Szczerbiak [can't shoot 3's] & Ben Wallace [can't make a foul shot if his life depends on it] who have proved they can't play in the NBA anymore.

Here's hoping for a great 2008-2009 season and championship. GO CAVS !!!
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#3 May 19, 2008
Who are they going to trade for a star player? Minnesota got Al Jefferson in the Garnett deal, a future star. I don't see anybody on the Cavs besides Lebron that would get anything in return.
BayouBuckeye

Natchitoches, LA

#4 May 19, 2008
Paul Pierce took a lot of shots, too. Had the Cavs won, nobody would be dogging LeBron. I tire of the LeBron bashers.
Gatorfan wrote:
Lebron needs some fine tuning alright, he is too much of a ball hog for the Cavs to ever acquire a championship. He does not give his fellow players a chance to even get involved. He ends up with lots of assists and people think he is so great, but his assists are out of necesity due to the fact he tries to go one on 5 all the time. Yesterday we needed a good shot and he hoisted three pointers, we needed a three and he goes one on four for a two. He is just not very basketball intelligent, it is more about him wanting to be a hero and getting in a shooting match with Pierce and we all know Lebron will never win a shooting match
BUCK

West Chester, OH

#5 May 19, 2008
Cavs have a very very small chance of getting another star. Their best chance of winning is to get a coach with a pair of you know whats!A coach who will tell LaBron not to throw up 3's when ever he fills like it. I love most of LB's game, but sometimes he gets a little carried away. 1:30, down 3, after a timeout is not the time for a three, then after the other team miss, shot another three with over a minute left in the game. I've said it over and over, until they get a coach, they will always be a "almost" team. Of couse if they get another coach, the sad part will be, ferry will pick him. We see all the great players he has picked. Man, LaBron must have a very strong back.
Truth be told

La Habra, CA

#7 May 19, 2008
Lebron needs to check himself. maybe it's not the players around him,but him. If he would let other guys shoot without the clock winding down they would hit more. He shot his team out of this series with those horrible games 1 and 2 and now he wants more changes? This guy's ego is out of control. The cavs will never be able to make this guy happy. I guess throwing your team under the bus is the new thing in the NBA.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#8 May 19, 2008
What's frustrating is why are these other teams perennially filled with multiple All-Stars (San Antonio, Detroit, and now Boston) while we are somehow incapable of finding help? How are they able to work this out cap-wise?

It goes to show that it all starts at the top. Ownership, GM, and coach.....they make up the foundation of a championship team.

And we have three rookies in those spots.
james

Dover, OH

#9 May 19, 2008
umm... who ever is talking about LEBRON JAMES GAME.... he is the only reason he WE are in the playoffs dipshit, he is the only reason we had a chance. When he did pass the balll his teammates were missing. YOU GUYS are soo ignorant and I HOPE HE DEMANDS TO BE TRADED

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#10 May 19, 2008
BUCK wrote:
Cavs have a very very small chance of getting another star. Their best chance of winning is to get a coach with a pair of you know whats!A coach who will tell LaBron not to throw up 3's when ever he fills like it. I love most of LB's game, but sometimes he gets a little carried away. 1:30, down 3, after a timeout is not the time for a three, then after the other team miss, shot another three with over a minute left in the game. I've said it over and over, until they get a coach, they will always be a "almost" team. Of couse if they get another coach, the sad part will be, ferry will pick him. We see all the great players he has picked. Man, LaBron must have a very strong back.
Anyone see the resemblance between Mike Brown and Godfrey Cambridge ("Cotton Comes to Harlem", "Watermelon Man")? Even sound alike. And a lot of what comes out of Brown's mouth after a loss sounds like a joke.
Ed Haas

Hudson, OH

#11 May 19, 2008
Do any of you understand basketball business? We have $30 million in expiring contracts next year. THIS is why we'll have the pieces to trade for all stars. Teams looking to sign whatever free agents that will be available after 2009 will be calling the Cavs first to see if they want their current all stars for their expiring contracts. While we won't probably get a healthy D-Wade, we could most likely get that one high caliber player and an even better role player than Joe Smith in any trades. Also, for the first time in a while, we'll be drafting a 1st round rookie! So there's some hope there as well. We'll see of course, but I think going into next season, Ferry has the ammunition to get a "Boston" like team around Lebron.
Seeking Justice

United States

#12 May 19, 2008
james wrote:
umm... who ever is talking about LEBRON JAMES GAME.... he is the only reason he WE are in the playoffs dipshit, he is the only reason we had a chance. When he did pass the balll his teammates were missing. YOU GUYS are soo ignorant and I HOPE HE DEMANDS TO BE TRADED
Amen! James had a phenomenal season. He put Akron on the map. He deserves to win a championship and he will, if not here then somewhere else.
BayouBuckeye

Natchitoches, LA

#13 May 19, 2008
Exactly. It is the Kobe Bryant "Butter Knife" theory. The Cavs need to put more "Sharp Knives" around LeBron, like the Lakers did for Kobe. Aside from West, name one Cav who would see the floor if they were with the Lakers. Now ask the same question in reverse.
Brittle Fingers wrote:
What's frustrating is why are these other teams perennially filled with multiple All-Stars (San Antonio, Detroit, and now Boston) while we are somehow incapable of finding help? How are they able to work this out cap-wise?
It goes to show that it all starts at the top. Ownership, GM, and coach.....they make up the foundation of a championship team.
And we have three rookies in those spots.
BayouBuckeye

Natchitoches, LA

#14 May 19, 2008
Being from CA, seems as if you would realize that great players still need good players around them so they don't have to carry the load. The Lakers finally got that for Kobe and that's why they will be in the Finals. I tire of the LeBron bashers.
Truth be told wrote:
Lebron needs to check himself. maybe it's not the players around him,but him. If he would let other guys shoot without the clock winding down they would hit more. He shot his team out of this series with those horrible games 1 and 2 and now he wants more changes? This guy's ego is out of control. The cavs will never be able to make this guy happy. I guess throwing your team under the bus is the new thing in the NBA.
FanCoach

Brunswick, OH

#15 May 19, 2008
Personnel improvements? Yes, fire Mike Brown.

Why did Devin not play?
M. Brown did not keep Z in enough.
Why play Wallace?

LeBron needs to work on his B-Ball IQ!
He needs to get post-up lessons and work on his mid-range game!

He cannot keep shooting rainbow 3s and trying one handed dunks!
Down the tube again

Kent, OH

#16 May 19, 2008
This club needs a coach that can control LeBron and make him even greater than he is. The tail shouldn't be waggin the dog. We need a coach with offensive and defensive coaching skills, and excellent clock management skills in the final 5 minutes of play! Also, in response to Z's comment that "sometimes you get looks, and sometimes you don't", that's more applicable if you are a guard or a small power forward, but when your 7'2" you're already looking over everybody else! Z and the Cavs needs a physical power game in the paint not a 20 plus feet shooting game from their center.We need a guy that can run the floor,and be an offensive beast and rebounder in the paint!
RPB

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 May 19, 2008
Down the tube again wrote:
This club needs a coach that can control LeBron and make him even greater than he is. The tail shouldn't be waggin the dog. We need a coach with offensive and defensive coaching skills, and excellent clock management skills in the final 5 minutes of play! Also, in response to Z's comment that "sometimes you get looks, and sometimes you don't", that's more applicable if you are a guard or a small power forward, but when your 7'2" you're already looking over everybody else! Z and the Cavs needs a physical power game in the paint not a 20 plus feet shooting game from their center.We need a guy that can run the floor,and be an offensive beast and rebounder in the paint!
I believe Z is an offensive beast and rebounder in the paint when the offense allows him to. They rarely give him the ball in the post, but when they do, there aren't many centers in the league that can stop him. He also is the best offensive rebounder in the game! His game may not be as pretty as Dwight Howard's, but Z is still one of the top centers in the game!

Since: Apr 08

Vermilion, OH

#18 May 19, 2008
There were at least 2 games that appeared to be lost by free throws alone. The Cavs have enough talent to go all the way, but it is not being used properly. Up until now Lebron has not been able to a) carry his team, or b) get them mad enough to bury their opponent; and c) he is not the coach.
RPB

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 May 19, 2008
hdawg wrote:
Who are they going to trade for a star player? Minnesota got Al Jefferson in the Garnett deal, a future star. I don't see anybody on the Cavs besides Lebron that would get anything in return.
Dude, who did the Lakers give the Grizzlies for Gasol?
It's not about trading good players for good players. If you read the article it again points out that the Cavs have $30million in expiring contracts and a draft pick to trade. That's what is attractive to many teams. This isn't fantasy league basketball.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#20 May 19, 2008
BayouBuckeye wrote:
Exactly. It is the Kobe Bryant "Butter Knife" theory. The Cavs need to put more "Sharp Knives" around LeBron, like the Lakers did for Kobe. Aside from West, name one Cav who would see the floor if they were with the Lakers. Now ask the same question in reverse.
<quoted text>
I agree except for Z. Z would definitely be in the Lakers rotation -- or the rotation of any team in the league. The only problem with Z is that he's not used enough. A 7'3" center who can also shoot from 20 feet.....he's a great weapon that we often waste.
SickAndSad

Homerville, OH

#23 May 19, 2008
I'm sorry but if you score 45 you have done your job. The coach as much as I like him has done nothing to help the team when the going gets tough. There are times when the coach must step up and draw a play or put a player in the rotation to help his team. What happen to Devin Brown? at the very least he could have slowed PP down and let Lebron score the points :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delonte West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
News West begs for NBA gig on Twitter (Nov '12) Nov '12 quwan 1
News Plea hearing for Cleveland Cavaliers star Delon... (Jul '10) Apr '12 FRANK 3
News The shocking story of an NBA player who was liv... (Mar '12) Mar '12 miniaoariel 2
News Michael Arace commentary: Redemption for James?... (May '11) May '11 Go Blue 51
News Nets beat Celtics 88-79 for 5th straight win (Mar '11) Mar '11 triple6vamp 4
News Celtics have eyes on another title - Sentinel &... (Oct '10) Oct '10 zappo777 2
More from around the web