Rob Oller commentary: Quick, savvy gu...

Rob Oller commentary: Quick, savvy guards killing Cavaliers | The C...

There are 12 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 10, 2010, titled Rob Oller commentary: Quick, savvy guards killing Cavaliers | The C.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Cavaliers must feel like the aspiring fashion model who must cut her hair to get the job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Since: Sep 09

Columbus, OH

#1 May 10, 2010
Both teams have taken turns looking totally disinterested in this series -- which is why neither will get past Orlando in the Eastern Conference Finals. Orlando isn't letting lesser Atlanta breathe. They have their foot on their neck and not letting off. That's how a team should play in the month of May if they're serious about doing something special.

As for the Cavs, they remain what they were 5 years ago, 4 years, 3 years, 2 years ago -- and right now...

A one man team.
LeGone James

Florham Park, NJ

#2 May 10, 2010
John in Worthington wrote:
As for the Cavs, they remain what they were 5 years ago, 4 years, 3 years, 2 years ago -- and right now...
A one man team.
LeBron is wearing down. He looks more like a 30+ year old then the 25 listed in his Bio; perhaps his mother held him out of elementary school for 5 years. Don't worry about James, there's always a place in New York for aging superstars.
POP

Hampton, NH

#4 May 10, 2010
I believe it's Mike Brown fault. Instead of using his stat sheet of who he wants tp play and how many minutes, he needs to go with the flow of the game.

Mike Brown should have use his bench better. What about Telfair, what about Jawad? Why not use Z? Why not have Lebron guard Rondo? Why did Shaq sit in the 4th? These are questions that needs to be answered.

Lebron needs to get off early offensively & defensely, this will set the tone for the others. If Lebron is hot during the first quarter, the other Cavs will follow not just offensively, but defensively also. Mo Williams needs to look to score and make Rondo work defensivly. Anthony Parker needs to catch and shoot quicker. He's not one to go to the basket. It appears he's timid on the catch and shoot-quickly.

If the rotaion is done correctly using all his bench players, fouls given will frustrate the Celtics and this will eliminate foul trouble for the Cavs starters. Mike these to do a better job.
POP

Hampton, NH

#5 May 10, 2010
Oh, and one other thing. The Cavs bench should provide hard legal fouls using their bench when Rondo goes in the lane. Be more physical Cavs!
Dogtown

Bensalem, PA

#6 May 10, 2010
Rondo's great and all..and yes, Cavs' guard defense isn't much, but the bottom line is the Cavs didn't want it as much as the Celtics yesterday.

Cavs will come out charged up and wipe the floor with the Celtics in Game 6. But will this on again off again stuff carry them to the title?

Cavs have the most talent in the league. I don't think Coach Brown is utilizing it to their full advantage. Shaq on the bench in the 4th? No Z? Come on.
POP

Hampton, NH

#7 May 10, 2010
exactly right Dogtown! we are on the same page with this.
Jim

Marion, NC

#8 May 10, 2010
If Lebron can't win a championship with this team he will never win one...Jordan won championships with teams that didn't have close to the talent level this one does....I don't think Lebron is the leader Jordan was.
Joe

Austin, TX

#9 May 10, 2010
Shaq is a liability on both ends of the floor. We need to bench him until we get to Orlando. Give Z and JJ the extra minutes. And if Mo can't guard anybody he shouldn't play either. I bet Moon could guard Rondo just fine.
Joe

Austin, TX

#10 May 10, 2010
And obviously Mike Brown is clueless. The Cavs should just fire him.
rpt44904

Cleveland, OH

#11 May 10, 2010
TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!! This series is tied 2-2. The next game is in Cleveland and the CAVS still have the home court advantage. The world is not coming to an end. If the CAVS lose game five I would be a little more concerned.

Now...with all that said...what this series (and the Bulls series) comes down to is Mo Willaims' performance or lack there of. He has not measured up and seems oblivious to his need to step it up. I don't know what the answer is but I would certainly reduce his minutes dramatically.

Another thing...with respect to coach Brown. I just can't understand why he continues to use fewer players in the playoffs. So far it is not working out as well as he thinks it should. My take (especially against the Celtics) is to use all those fresh bodies and take it to a higher pace. Make sure everyone is aware they are going to get minutes and those that play well will continue to play. After the top few, the balance of the roster is pretty much all the same...a supporting cast...sometimes they get it done...sometimes not. I believe fresh bodies with the proper positive mindset can do wonders for this team. They sure don't need people relagated to cheerleader status with not much hope for some action.

Let's face it...playing with a preset amount of playing time per player is not a great idea for being involved in the moment at hand. Come on coach, show a little creativity. If I can see it all developing from my easy chair you got to know other coaches have figured you out.

Tuesday's game is the most important game of the year to date...make it happen.
POP

Hampton, NH

#12 May 10, 2010
If the Cavs don't win this series, it will be because of the coach, not the players. As I said on this post.....Mike needs to utilize his bench in a better rotation....If Mike doesn't win, Mike needs to leave. Shaq had 17 pts and still sat out the 4th....where is Z....play him on Garnett sometimes, change up defensivly, use Jawad Williams, activate Telfair and place him on Rondo sometime, keep switching up...get physical!!!!!!
Dude

Columbus, OH

#13 May 10, 2010
Mike Brown is and has been the weakest link on this team...without LBJ, they are at best a .500 team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delonte West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
News West begs for NBA gig on Twitter (Nov '12) Nov '12 quwan 1
News Plea hearing for Cleveland Cavaliers star Delon... (Jul '10) Apr '12 FRANK 3
News The shocking story of an NBA player who was liv... (Mar '12) Mar '12 miniaoariel 2
News Michael Arace commentary: Redemption for James?... (May '11) May '11 Go Blue 51
News Nets beat Celtics 88-79 for 5th straight win (Mar '11) Mar '11 triple6vamp 4
News Celtics have eyes on another title - Sentinel &... (Oct '10) Oct '10 zappo777 2
More from around the web