Lincoln's Bible to be used for swearing-in ceremony

Full story: LA Daily News 12
And just like that, the Lakers got their groove back. After beginning this four-game road trip with two sour, discordant notes in losses to the Miami Heat and Orlando Magic, then righting themselves ... Full Story
Ur notsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

#1 Dec 24, 2008
This male usual thinks he is another Lincoln?Hillary had sniper fire?America you will be begging to have Bush back.A black Lincoln,Lincoln is spinning in his grave.Ha Ha.
Tigershark

Chinese Camp, CA

#2 Dec 24, 2008
You are the one that is not so smart! Why don't you learn how to write and put spaces between your sentences and mind your own business. I didn't vote for Obama, but this is my country and I will stand by it. As Ann Landers would say MYOB!!
Watching Them

Burbank, CA

#3 Dec 24, 2008
If they have to swear on a bible -- I'd prefer they used a dictionary, it has all the biblle words in it -- I'm surprised Obama is the first to use the Lincoln Bible.

You'd think that a Republican would have done it long ago. They're the ones who love to boast of being the "Party of Lincoln", who remains our greatest president to date, and there's nothing Lincolnesque about today's Republican party.
Disgusting

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Dec 24, 2008
I have news for Obama...he ain't no Lincoln! What a slick Madison Ave. stunt!!!!!

He declared his candiacy in front of the Lincoln Memorial, he quoted Lincoln all throughout the campaign, and now he's going to put his dirty hands on the Lincoln Bible! What a sleazy stunt!

Everything about Obama is a fake! Everything!!!! It's all smoke and mirrors and a fabulous Hollywood team of produders, including Oprah.

Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting!
Disgusting

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Dec 24, 2008
Meant to say 'Hollywood producers'...not produders, lol!
Disgusting

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Dec 24, 2008
Oh, and one more thing... Lincoln freed the slaves 150 years ago...Obama still thinks Blacks are enslaved!!!
Christine Morales

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Dec 24, 2008
He's just gonna lie later anyway...they all do...why swear on a bible???
WhatDa

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Dec 24, 2008
He's not Republican (as Lincoln was), he wasn't born in Illinois, his 'christianity' is suspect and he doesn't wear a cool beard or top hat. Technically, he should be sworn in on a pineapple whilst wearing a grass skirt. Mahalo and hang loose.
Just My Opinion

Costa Mesa, CA

#10 Dec 24, 2008
bilbo baggins wrote:
Swearing in on the Lincoln Bible should really make the Obama tell the truth.
Sometime in life, we need to learn to accept, and move on. Don't worry about it. You need to try to make a difference in some one 's life, prehaps, your family who needs you the most. Happy Holidays, and find out what you can do for your country instead of spreading negativity. Positve enegry starts with you. BTW, you have a right to your opinion
Real news

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Dec 24, 2008
This comment is for DISGUSTING, its people like you who makes the world go round. Get a grip its not all about you!!! and yes you are intitle to your opinion but less is best.

Happy Holidays
Mary Brown

Freeport, FL

#12 Dec 27, 2008
I agree completely. We should all write to our elected representatives insisting that a copy of the Constitution be used in the swearing in ceremonies for all elected officials. They can also use the Bible of their choice, but they should have to emphasize their understanding of their committment to honor, uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution. This copy of the Constitution should then be signed and placed in a secure vault as a reminder of their most important obligation while in office.
Its stagecraft

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Dec 27, 2008
It's all stagecraft...everything about Obama is 'made in Hollywood'!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Around the NBA: After taste of playoff success,... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Irascible Infidel 1
2013 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire to ... (May '13) May '13 Jmar196 1
Pacers Showing Interest in O.J. Mayo & Elton Br... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tony E 1
Wade scores 41, James adds 28 as Miami finishes... (May '12) May '12 They Live If We S... 1
Wade Loses Cool In Heat's 94-75 Loss To Pacers (May '12) May '12 clueless 1
Hornets' guard Chris Paul says he's focused on ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 migs 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Will Chris Paul, Dwight Howar... (Jul '11) Nov '11 Hoops 7
More from around the web