Heat lose to Hornets 93-87 in overtime

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

New Orleans is going back to the playoffs, thanks in large part to dramatics from Rasual Butler and David West.
Comments
21 - 29 of 29 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
waDe

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Wade knows this team isn't going far in the playoffs...why kill yourself?
Just get the scoring title and chill til 2010.
Frank

Coral Gables, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

He didn't look tired or slow. He looked like he knew he blew it. Not taking anything away from him, but unless he changes his foul shooting routine, he can't be counted to close out a game. Very rarely he is able to make all his free-throws in a game, and the problem is that there are too many moving parts to his routine.

He reminds me of Glenn Rice, who had the same problem. Great free-throw shooting during the game, but don't put him there to hit technicals or with the game on the line. Wade can make the instinctive shots, but once he thinks, he starts exagerating his move and the result is a clang off the back rim.
Dukie

Queen Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

I agree, Wade you are one of the best and the Heat will be helpless without you. However, as for last night, you should man up and shut up! The refs gave you a chance to ice the game, and you blew it! Get over it! Don't choke next time and there will be no reason to lose your composure. Take note from a soon to be Hall of Famer (Jordon), He would have nailed those three throws merely because the game was on the line. Kobe might have made those as well. In short, you have only yourself to blame, not the refs.
adv

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Do you mind, guys if I blame Wade for this loss. I'm not talking about free throw. I'm talking about last possession of the game when His Honesty lost the ball and was trying to blame whole world and was ejected. It become the norm of his behavior.
Man, we do not need another celebrity in our roster. We need hard working(playing) guy. Just for this, he does not deserve MVP status.
BocaBob

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Wade for all his greatness really looked a little off last night. Sloppy passing leading to numerous Hornets points off turnovers. I don't know that Wade at the line in the closing seconds is such a good idea. His free throw % isn't that great, and he is seemingly "choking" a bit in those situations. He is still a phenomenal player.
BocaBob

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

O'neil does suck.
Will

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

ohhh soo now everyone wats to talk about how sorry the Heat are and how sorry the players have become...lemme see...we were down by 13 late in the 3rd....and came back..most of u thouhgt we were gonna get blowed out after the halftime score....ohh and how come no one wants to congradulate Wade on that and1 and a 3 to tie it up in the OT period?!? yea....exactly!!
Welsh Gator

Pontypridd, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

bs finish
The People of Florida

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

The Hornet''s didn't ruin the game, lazy defense, to many TO and a crucial miss free throw are the reasons, meaning that the Heat ruin the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Around the NBA: After taste of playoff success,... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Irascible Infidel 1
2013 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire to ... (May '13) May '13 Jmar196 1
Pacers Showing Interest in O.J. Mayo & Elton Br... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tony E 1
Wade scores 41, James adds 28 as Miami finishes... (May '12) May '12 They Live If We S... 1
Wade Loses Cool In Heat's 94-75 Loss To Pacers (May '12) May '12 clueless 1
Hornets' guard Chris Paul says he's focused on ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 migs 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Will Chris Paul, Dwight Howar... (Jul '11) Nov '11 Hoops 7
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

David West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••