Kidd visits Knicks for tour; Grant Hill next on list

Full story: Newsday 14
After the Knicks rolled out the red carpet for free agent Jason Kidd Wednesday, the first day of the NBA 's free agency period, with a tour of the Garden's exhibit of the renovation plans and the usual pomp-and-circumstance on the arena floor , Newsday has learned that Grant Hill will come in next week for his own recruiting visit. Full Story
dum dum

Huntington, NY

#1 Jul 2, 2009
Come on guys this isn't going to work! Donnie Walsh wake up!
Any fool can do this!
Pfft

Richland Center, WI

#2 Jul 2, 2009
Gotta say i'm almost slightly encouraged by this...but only slightly. Picking up Hill would be a fantastic get for the Knicks who are gonna get Nash from the Suns anyway...so basically D'Antoni is putting back together his old team which knows his game...great! But wait...its the Knicks. And the Knicks are owned by the Dolans. And based on past experience - with their shoddy cable company if nothing else - they'll mess up somehwere. They have to. Its the Dolans.
Jerry

Ocala, FL

#3 Jul 2, 2009
Grant Hill has a always been a stand up guy in this league. Unfortunately I'm not sure where he would fit in with the Knicks. As far as picking up someone who is great guy, I think he definitely fits the bill. One bad thing is that we have Gallo and Chandler already. Perhaps they could use Grant as a SG with Gallo at SF, and Chandler at PF.....they all could be swapped around in any of those positions. They could also play Donnie ball and just play small and athletic. Imagine Grant PG, Gallo SF, Chandler PF, Jordan C, Lee PF and you have a running team that can cause big match up problems, Grant, Gallo, Chandler and Lee can all handle the ball well and pass so a PG is not tantamount here. It would also be great to have a vet coming off the bench.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#4 Jul 2, 2009
I think we could get Clyde Frazier for less money, which would help in next years cap. Unless Donnie is planning on building the NBA's official old timers team. Who's next, Ewing Sr?
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 2, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
I think we could get Clyde Frazier for less money, which would help in next years cap. Unless Donnie is planning on building the NBA's official old timers team. Who's next, Ewing Sr?
maybe bring back Antonio McDyess....(traded for Camby and Nene) give em a max contract and watch his knee to implode in pre-season .... they blew up a probable 7th 8th seed playoff team for THIS?!! SO the plan is to play for the lottery for the 2nd year than dump 4 expiring contracts and hope Lebron leaves Shaq in Cleveland or Bosh leaves Vince Carter for the chance to play with WHO?!!! Galinari and Chandler?!!
lostsoul

Orlando, FL

#6 Jul 2, 2009
I said it yesterday and I'll say it today. I don't see the genius in Donnie Walsh.

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#7 Jul 2, 2009
lostsoul wrote:
I said it yesterday and I'll say it today. I don't see the genius in Donnie Walsh.
Wll, he did say he was going to go after free agents. I was hoping for young and healthy ones though
NJim

United States

#8 Jul 2, 2009
Word is Donnie Walsh believes Julius Erving would fit perfectly into Mike D'Antoni's "system". A meeting may be set up sometime next week..
NJim

United States

#9 Jul 2, 2009
How about they keep the two free agents who we already have????!!!!! Both David Lee and Nate Robinson are fan favorites and both can flat out ball. I see a giant billboard of Nate outside the Garden. I don't see one of Chris Duhon! I swear, if they let Nate and D-Lee go to clear cap space for MAYBE signing Lebron its like betting your house on a poker game. Payout is great but if you loose, and probably will, you're homeless. Get the point??
NJim

United States

#10 Jul 2, 2009
venom wrote:
<quoted text>maybe bring back Antonio McDyess....(traded for Camby and Nene) give em a max contract and watch his knee to implode in pre-season .... they blew up a probable 7th 8th seed playoff team for THIS?!! SO the plan is to play for the lottery for the 2nd year than dump 4 expiring contracts and hope Lebron leaves Shaq in Cleveland or Bosh leaves Vince Carter for the chance to play with WHO?!!! Galinari and Chandler?!!
I'd take Ewing Sr over Eddy Foreclosure....uh...I mean Eddy Curry any day. Even TODAY!
AngryBlackGuySou ndboard

Milford, PA

#11 Jul 2, 2009
Ewing Sr. can't play no mo.

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#12 Jul 2, 2009
NJim wrote:
Word is Donnie Walsh believes Julius Erving would fit perfectly into Mike D'Antoni's "system". A meeting may be set up sometime next week..
Well, if he's going to bring in Dr J, ya think he could gt Moses Malone too?
NJim

United States

#13 Jul 2, 2009
AngryBlackGuySoundboard wrote:
Ewing Sr. can't play no mo.
Neither can anyone on the Knicks team now. Except Lee, Nate and Chandler.
Nick

United States

#14 Jul 2, 2009
Grant Hill would be a great pick-up for the Knicks...if they were playing in a wheelchair league.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warriors notebook: Despite injuries, Warriors c... Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Are Golden State Warriors a Big Step Away from ... (May '14) May '14 rob 1
Golden State Warriors Must Make Big Trade to Ge... (Feb '14) Feb '14 juan 1
Indiana Pacers hold off Golden State Warriors 1... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ginobili 1
Golden State Warriors: 5 Things to Watch for vs... (Jan '14) Jan '14 asad khan 1
Don Nelson Zings Golden State Warriors, Lights ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 denniscooldad 1
Warriors' play as bad as officiating (Jan '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
More from around the web