Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list

Full story: Newsday 21
Listen. You don't hear anything, either? That's what happens when a sports team hits rock bottom around here, as the Knicks have. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

N Massapequa

#1 Feb 18, 2008
Get rid of Quentin Richardson, Jared Jefferies, Jerome James. Maybe package Jamal Crawford in with some of the junk so entice someone to take some of this garbage away.
Fed Up

Woodbury Heights, NJ

#2 Feb 19, 2008
Nice plan but a few flaws. First, as appealing as it sounds, Dolan won't hire Colangelo. Colangelo will want total control and Dolan won't do that. Competency does not count at the Garden because Dolan himself is an idiot.

Second, the Knicks don't have their 2010 first round pick, which will more likely than not be a lottery pick. They gave it up when they acquired Starbury.

Third, Eddy Curry will never be a championship player. Yeah he can score, but he plays no defense and defense wins championships.

Bottom line is that Isiah has set this team back a decade.
Please spare me

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Feb 19, 2008
Fed Up wrote:
Nice plan but a few flaws. First, as appealing as it sounds, Dolan won't hire Colangelo. Colangelo will want total control and Dolan won't do that. Competency does not count at the Garden because Dolan himself is an idiot.
Second, the Knicks don't have their 2010 first round pick, which will more likely than not be a lottery pick. They gave it up when they acquired Starbury.
Third, Eddy Curry will never be a championship player. Yeah he can score, but he plays no defense and defense wins championships.
Bottom line is that Isiah has set this team back a decade.
The knicks are one of the youngest teams in the nba. Curry will lose weight in the off season and become quicker next season, mark my words when i tell you. He will be an all star
Jersey Jack

Jamison, PA

#4 Feb 19, 2008
I can't agree with this article more - except to say that Curry's backup needs to be a shotblocker (i don't care if he can score).
Tominmaine

Portland, ME

#5 Feb 19, 2008
All good points, but why trade Lee? Like Curry, I believe he has untapped potential. Let's see what his game looks like if he's playing 40 minutes a game for 20 games or so (which Isiah should do from here on out).
knickfan62

Carrollton, TX

#6 Feb 19, 2008
Love the Pat Cummings reference. Can we pry Eddie Lee Wilkins from retirement. Let's take our medicine & begin the healing. Adios Starbury, don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!
KJ from Queens

Atlanta, GA

#7 Feb 19, 2008
I agree with most of the article. However, I think a player like curry has to be sent away along with the rest. His ability (offensive that is) is not a question but his lack of rebounding and defense along with his lazy/don't care attitude is not what the Knicks and their fans need. Knicks need to get back that defensive minded tough attitude that was the identity of the team in the 90's.
I know the league has softened everything up, but a team that hustles, plays the passing lanes and tries to defend the basket, and runs out on the break should be able to compete, especially in the east.
Steve

Somerville, NJ

#8 Feb 19, 2008
Well, I hope you are right!
I would love to see a genuine, intelligent attempt at rebuilding take place, starting this summer.
JoeMac

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Feb 19, 2008
Please spare me wrote:
<quoted text>
The knicks are one of the youngest teams in the nba. Curry will lose weight in the off season and become quicker next season, mark my words when i tell you. He will be an all star
Man you are clueless!!!!
STILLaFaNoFtHeKN ICKS

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 Feb 19, 2008
I agree with everything even the KEEP Eddy Curry in the team. We need to get rid of Isiah and stephon. they're both overpaid duds making a bad situation even worse. It's way!!late to salvage the season even by the trading deadline. But there is hope.

P.S. FIRE ISIAH AND STEPHON NOW!!!!!
statement needed

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 19, 2008
yes it's at that point of not paying attention to them but here's who the knicks NEED to pay attention to:
C-Morris: you got him for next to nothing give him some minutes and find out what he's worth (trade value wise or potential minutes)
SF-Chandler (4give me I go 2 depaul): he's got upside and now's the time to let him get a feel for the game. that's what the celtics did with gerald green (second yr: 10ppg, 1st yr 5ppg) and although he's not great yet, you can kind of feel where he could and couldn't fit given the system.
SG/PG-Mardy collins: wasn't he doing good at the end of last season? he came from Cheney's system so I think he could handle way more than the role he's given at the moment(10mins or less on average??)
also: buyout Marbury but keep Curry???
...Curry???? I'm not wasting my money on buying out Marbury (someone can sign him and he can also turn his attitude around and play good for somebody else) yes he's untradeable but I think u bench him and keep him on the trading block until someone is willing to do something with him.
Since the Knicks are shameful already there will definately be no resentment on the behalf of knicks fans anywhere if we were to trade him. Face it, I might have been the only one that believed that the yr they went lottery they should've went late 1st and would've turned out better (where was the HS rule when u truly needed it). Anyways, you trade him for Samuel Dalembert (send Fred Jones to make it work, check it out on the trade machine on ESPN) get a 2nd round pick from there and start you're rebuilding.
Have some sense Powell, David Lee @ under a mil? giving him away would be like giving up a masters degree from harvard for an Associates Degree!!!

more to come!!-trunewyorker
George W Bush

Orlando, FL

#12 Feb 19, 2008
It will take less time to fix the mess I put this country in than it will to fix the mess Isiah has made for the Knicks. From one f-up to another GREAT job Isiah!!!!!!!!
john

Bronx, NY

#13 Feb 19, 2008
Shawn,
I'll get right to the point, Zach randolph, Eddy Curry, Stephon Marbury & Quentin Richardson all have to be off the team & out of this organization come thursday's trade deadline.

The culture, attitude, appearance & mindset need to change, so this team can rebuild it's image & get back to winning ways.

The current team has no captain, leader or idenity, get expiring contracts & draft a franchise player in the June draft & START ALL OVER FRESH !!!!!!!!!!
Third Watch

Westwood, NJ

#14 Feb 19, 2008
Another June date with the lottery in a weak draft class. Fire Isiah now.
ecupa

Hurleyville, NY

#15 Feb 19, 2008
Do You know what the Knicks problem is? having a solid LEADER on the court. we have recently seen that when Malik Rose is in the game knicks play a more consistent kind of game. On the other side, knicks defense is really hurt. CURRY NEEDS TO GET OUT IMMEDIATELY. WHY? He cannot defend, and will not be able to be a good defender. I miss the Marcus Camby times, thats what the knicks need. David lee has to stay to the knicks. He plays good consistent ball games, and remember NBA is all about consistency. And another thing I saw Chandler along with Nichols(i wonder why he is not in the rouster) and they were fenomenal. They could shoot and dunk and i think should play at least 10 min a game.
average reader

New York, NY

#16 Feb 20, 2008
Good time to repeat the point to all those who booed Ewing, TOLD YOU SO! Although it took Isiah to take the team to new depths.
ps- Wallace Matthews is a hack hack hackity hack. Say it loud everywhere
TERROME PORTER

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 20, 2008
I think you guys should invite Erick Barkley to your
summer camp this summer. here's a brooklyn guy who knows how to play in the garden and can deal with the pressure. if your looking 4 a point guard here's a throw backof what point guards are made of.
UP GRADE

Chicago, IL

#18 Feb 20, 2008
point guard for hire Erick Barkley
Matt

Orefield, PA

#19 Feb 20, 2008
Sounds good. Let's go with it. They should have started trying to dump the salary years ago, but better late than never. Unless Steve Francis is available at the trade deadline...maybe he can help them squeeze into the playoffs....and then who knows? HA!!!
BROOKLYN229

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Feb 20, 2008
COME ON LOTTERY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Golden State Warriors a Big Step Away from ... May '14 rob 1
Golden State Warriors Must Make Big Trade to Ge... (Feb '14) Feb '14 juan 1
Indiana Pacers hold off Golden State Warriors 1... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ginobili 1
Golden State Warriors: 5 Things to Watch for vs... (Jan '14) Jan '14 asad khan 1
Don Nelson Zings Golden State Warriors, Lights ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 denniscooldad 1
Warriors' play as bad as officiating (Jan '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
Warriors Rip Clippers 115-94 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Ginobili 1

David Lee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE