Lakers distance themselves from Knicks

Lakers distance themselves from Knicks

There are 12 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 24, 2009, titled Lakers distance themselves from Knicks. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, right, drives to the basket around New York center David Lee during the first half Tuesday at Staples Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

ndongo

Beverly Hills, CA

#1 Nov 25, 2009
the bench mob? these guys are professional. you leave them by themselve, they can barely score a basket. a 25 point brought down to 10point. all they needed to do was to at least score once in a while they can even do that. shooting briks after bricks. it is ridiculus. running back and forth with no purpose. who said farmar was a starting point guard. he is a bench point guard who can run and connot shoot free throws his 3 point shooting left to be desire. when a professional player is wide oppen shooting 3 pointers and cannot score them. how do you expect him to score when some is in his face. they are lazy. starting with their leader odom. when some else can score in the team he feels like he doesnt have to score make lazy passes and shooting airballs as long as he can work hard on rebounding the ball he thinks everything else is none of his business. how many airballs he had last night. that is what you call lack of consentration. they need to change their mentality. if I was part of that bench mob, I would be achamed. they dont look ashamed to me. just giving excuses after excuses. when the paul comes back the rotation comes back to normal we will paly better. none sens. you do not have to wait for some else to show up for you to play better. when you lack talent it just doenst matter. they have some talent odme have a lot of them. but cant even take advantage of it.
DrPhil

Pomona, CA

#2 Nov 25, 2009
Just make sure everyone knows who they are covering for defense. As Bynum said, the Lakers still have 'smalls' trying to cover 'big guys' and leaving their man for good. Sasha was running all over the court in the Knicks game seemingly lost! Then why is Phil playing Adam Morrison, knowing that he would not be used in the playoffs. It's about time to set up a "permanent second unit" now or they will never gel. Just use Farmar, Brown, Odom, Powell, and Dbenga for the second unit so they can get used to working with one another. If Sasah or Adam Morrison can help with a 3-point shot once in a while, let that be; but they will disrupt the second unit, if Phil keeps switching players every two minutes.
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#3 Nov 25, 2009
My knicks were so close to beatin the lakers,i cant belive this sh!t,i knew my knicks needed Allen Iverson,they will not lose no more games if they had him.
Lakers4Ever

West Covina, CA

#4 Nov 25, 2009
This bench is a failed experiment. You can not do things over and over again and expect a different result. Let me help illustrate :Bench=Fail. If things don't change very quickly, the Lakers need to start bouncing players and get some, that actually produce. Mob Bench, this isn't funny anymore, this is getting very seriously pathetic.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#5 Nov 25, 2009
The lakers are'nt the one wit the problems,they did win did'nt they?
Lakers4Ever

West Covina, CA

#6 Nov 25, 2009
You did mention your Knicks came close to beating the Lakers. We should beat this Knicks Team by at least 40 points. Obviously, there is a problem. Our team should take care of this, before it cost us some games, and all these games matter. Simply put, we want to have homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.We also don't want other teams to have a glimmer of hope due to our perceived weakness, that being a weak bench. I don't expect you to understand this being a Knicks fan where just merely winning, if at all is good enough. In this part of the world, anything short of an NBA championship is a failure :)
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#7 Nov 25, 2009
You need to stop talking down on my knicks,they play hard,its just that they have a hard time winning games.
Lakers4Ever

West Covina, CA

#8 Nov 25, 2009
Nothing against the Knicks, you have your own problems, and we have ours. Our problem is the PERFECTION kind of problem! Good luck the rest of the way for your Knicks except when they're playing the Lakers!Beat the Celtics!
dreamer032075

Sucat, Philippines

#9 Nov 26, 2009
go lakers go.......................
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#10 Nov 26, 2009
Lakers4Ever wrote:
Nothing against the Knicks, you have your own problems, and we have ours. Our problem is the PERFECTION kind of problem! Good luck the rest of the way for your Knicks except when they're playing the Lakers!Beat the Celtics!
Oh no hell no,Look,we can beat every team in the nba,we just need the right kind of confidence to belive in our selves,you feel me?i wish i knew why we lose so much,i really do,they play good basketball,but either they gettin tired to fast,or i dont know,i cant put my finger on it.
Sammy

Peterborough, Canada

#11 Nov 26, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no hell no,Look,we can beat every team in the nba,we just need the right kind of confidence to belive in our selves,you feel me?i wish i knew why we lose so much,i really do,they play good basketball,but either they gettin tired to fast,or i dont know,i cant put my finger on it.
thats so funny I forgot to laugh. I told you they were done before the season even started.
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#12 Nov 29, 2009
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>thats so funny I forgot to laugh. I told you they were done before the season even started.
The season is still early Sammy,stop laughing and pay attention,they might blow your mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Celtics Journal: Injuries to Johnson and Sullin... (Dec '15) Dec '15 ttitus 1
News Curry, Warriors use stunning comeback to beat P... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Warriors notebook: Despite injuries, Warriors c... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Are Golden State Warriors a Big Step Away from ... (May '14) May '14 rob 1
News Golden State Warriors Must Make Big Trade to Ge... (Feb '14) Feb '14 juan 1
News Indiana Pacers hold off Golden State Warriors 1... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ginobili 1
News Golden State Warriors: 5 Things to Watch for vs... (Jan '14) Jan '14 asad khan 1
More from around the web