Darko Milicic could hold the key to A...

Darko Milicic could hold the key to Al Jefferson's future with the ...

There are 18 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 25, 2010, titled Darko Milicic could hold the key to Al Jefferson's future with the .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Is it possible that Darko Milicic, regarded as one of the biggest flops in NBA draft history, will have a major impact on the Timberwolves' offseason agenda? A day after Wolves management used Thursday night's draft to become a more athletic and open-court team, president of basketball operations David Kahn suggested that the 7-foot center from ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Getting old Kahn

Des Moines, IA

#1 Jun 25, 2010
If I hear one more time from Kahn about his plans for improving the team after watching him waste another draft I think I'll puke. Looks like his next move is to figure out how to give up Jefferson for little or nothing. He traded the 16th pick for a career backup because he didn't see anyone out there with more upside than a 5 year bench player. Really???
umm

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jun 26, 2010
Well, good thing everyone on the planet knows that once Milicic is signed, trading Big Al will be a top priority. That will almost completely handicap the wolves bargaining power. Sweeeet strategy.
Ghandi

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jun 26, 2010
Kahn is building a style around Rubio...I like it. This is going to be Rubio's team, more euro/international style. Lane runners and good passers. If the wolf win 30 or more games this season, I'm in.
Pooh

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2010
This Kahn is a total joke -- I will never buy a ticket. Tell Darko he is a top priority so he can fleece us when nobody else wants him. Tell everyone Al is going to get traded so you get low ball offers. Trade Babbit for Webster and throw in Gomes which would have opened more cap space if we would have kept Babbit and cut Gomes. Draft Lazar when everyone had him in the 50's in the mock drafts. Ridiculous. This guy is so over his head can't everyone see it.
mike

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jun 26, 2010
we have clowns running the show.
yepimgr8

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jun 26, 2010
Ok guys, here's our new plan. Keep being bad, trade anyone worth anything for picks and one day we will hit the 'lottery' and find someone worth keeping.
what the F

Big Lake, MN

#7 Jun 26, 2010
Quite obvious that the CONman is cluless and making this stuff up as it goes along ....so trying to deal Jefferson before the draft meant ?? Big Dorko hadn't signed a contract before the draft and he was trying to make a deal for Jefferson so what's the reasoning behind that ?? then , as some of you have posted, he announces to the world if they re-sign Dorko they will look to trade Jefferson .... well , that probably just cut his value almost in half as he loses all bargaining power with other teams .... CLUELESS .... and why does he covet Dorko so much .... I mean he couldn't even get off the bench with these other teams he played for but CONman views him as a superstar .... what in the world is this CONman doing ?? next he will have a letter to the fans in the newspaper again.... can't wait to hear Barkley's assessment of this draft and the stupid trades by the Woofies
Gerry

Abingdon, IL

#8 Jun 26, 2010
Free Agency begins in less than a week so maybe the Wolves should figure out if Darko and Nikola are going to be playing for them next season.
Anonymous

Montgomery, MN

#9 Jun 26, 2010
What do they think they can get for Big Al? And who would need or want him? And then there is the problem of trades? Maybe a draft choice or two.
Big D

Everett, WA

#10 Jun 26, 2010
Ghandi wrote:
Kahn is building a style around Rubio...I like it. This is going to be Rubio's team, more euro/international style. Lane runners and good passers. If the wolf win 30 or more games this season, I'm in.
Because the Euro style wins championships in the NBA. i.e., the Phoenix Suns under D'Antoni? I'm going to stick to drafting super-stars and not guys that throw a crisp bounce pass. Kahn has no idea what he is doing right now.
Joe

Shakopee, MN

#11 Jun 26, 2010
Jefferson, when healty is a top range talent. Milicic hasn't shown enough starting potential yet and neither has Pekovic, obviously.... Is this what we will do for a talent upgrade? Doen't make sense. Sign Milicic for low price range and give him some incentives based on performance. He hasn't shown enough in the NBA at this point.
If we get rid of Al, we need comparable talent and/or value.
Buzz

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jun 26, 2010
Get er done Kahn.
Mr Barkley

Lakeville, MN

#13 Jun 26, 2010
This is jist terrbull!
joe

Portland, OR

#14 Jun 26, 2010
sounds solid the last 4 year as a 4 real t-dog fan has be depressing let's give this guy the his due and find out if the dog hunts minnesota 4 life
joe

Portland, OR

#15 Jun 26, 2010
to my man joe in shakopee al jefferson does not pass the rock does not play d and can't run the floor he would be great for a team that wants to slow it down i see kahn has a plan all those years w kevin mack in charge look what that as lead up 2 a jv nba team let's roll w the punches and knock it out w kahn
Affula

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jun 27, 2010
Khan has gotten rid of basically every McHale failure in a little over one year. That is a success in itself. Give him a little time people, we're basically the worst franchise in the sport. All the McHale bums that have left have gone on to be nothing. And Babbit won't be good anyway. Al Jefferson can't play center or defense.
Jrc

Chicago, IL

#18 Jun 27, 2010
Joe wrote:
Jefferson, when healty is a top range talent. Milicic hasn't shown enough starting potential yet and neither has Pekovic, obviously.... Is this what we will do for a talent upgrade? Doen't make sense. Sign Milicic for low price range and give him some incentives based on performance. He hasn't shown enough in the NBA at this point.
If we get rid of Al, we need comparable
talent and/or value.
al Jefferson would have been the 4th option on this years celtics team.
Mr Barkley

Lakeville, MN

#19 Jun 27, 2010
Jrc wrote:
<quoted text>al Jefferson would have been the 4th option on this years celtics team.
That's exactly why the Wolves get hammered every time they play teams like the Celtics. And every year they do nothing to compete.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darko Milicic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Darko Milicic (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank 1
News Timberwolves fire Kurt Rambis after 2 years (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy Ringo 3
News Yep, it's that time - road construction season (Apr '11) Apr '11 gman 22
News Timberwolves: Milicic offers title ring, NBA Fi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Vikings Fan 2
News Kevin Love hoping to stay with Timberwolves, Ra... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Gardy 17
News Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
News Timberwolves make it interesting but lose 'play... (Mar '11) Mar '11 The real just ano... 18
More from around the web