Timberwolves open preseason with vict...

Timberwolves open preseason with victory over Lakers in London

There are 28 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 4, 2010, titled Timberwolves open preseason with victory over Lakers in London. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The new-look Minnesota Timberwolves had an impressive NBA preseason debut today, rolling past the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers with a 111-92 victory at London's 02 Arena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
idea

Duluth, MN

#21 Oct 5, 2010
Mike Ilitch should buy the lions, he already owns the tigers, redwings, and soon the pistons. They all are relativly succesful at the very least so yeah the lions need help this guy loves detroit owns all the other detroit teams
jeb

United States

#22 Oct 5, 2010
cryfan hater wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a cowboy fan who made the same kind of claim after the nfl season last year because dallas beat new orleans in the regular season.
yeah, except that i was entirely kidding...apparently vocal sarcasm IS needed in that statement. i thought it wouldn't been necessary but you are from TX and obviously haven't seen enough of the pups...they're terrible.
Killer Keller

United States

#24 Oct 5, 2010
Peter wrote:
Everybody laughed when I said this team can contend to win 45 games this year, now who is laughing. This just proves we have the talent to make a run and next year we get Rubio!
Seriously? You get all of that input from a preseason game in London?

I'm sorry but....if Love is your best player that equals no play off appearance.
Killer Keller

United States

#25 Oct 5, 2010
wolvesfan wrote:
Any win is a good win - and when I saw the score last night - my jaw dropped! I don't care how many people the Lakers were missing - we beat the Lakers by 19 points!!!!! I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in **** of winning - much less by 19 POINTS! I'm getting pretty psyched about this season, particularly being able to watch Beasley and Johnson play. They could be a dynamic duo - and then mix Flynn in with them and they should really be fun! It may not translate into a +500 season, but that doesn't matter as much to me as seeing some exciting basketball. I love to see the game played well and with lots of action. Winning is nice, but seeing a well-played game is also satisfying. Go Wolves!!
Sipping championship bubbly in October!!! It shows in your post. Gotta admire your optimism though.
Killer Keller

United States

#26 Oct 5, 2010
John wrote:
Balance speed and passing, the wolves looked GOOD for once! Darko is going to have a phenomenal season, as is Beasley and Love. We have youth and athleticism in our big men, all we need is experience. This is the makings of a legitimate good team. No fooling. For once no Mike James type idiots on the squad. All the media scrutiny of Khan is going to be turned on its ear. If only we had cousins too... argh.
Beaely and Love athletic?!? Hardly!!! Although, one of them would win in a race against each other!!!!
cryfan hater

El Paso, TX

#27 Oct 5, 2010
jeb wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, except that i was entirely kidding...apparently vocal sarcasm IS needed in that statement. i thought it wouldn't been necessary but you are from TX and obviously haven't seen enough of the pups...they're terrible.
You were kidding but cowboy fans were serious about that after the super bowl last season.
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#28 Oct 6, 2010
Optimistic - yes. Realistic - always. I know they aren't going to the playoffs, but, as I said previously, I like watching a well-played fast game. I also feel these posts need a balance - there are way too many nay-sayers out there. I choose to once again hope that this year will be better - and this group out guys eems to be a better team than we have had since KG left. They can't be worse than last year.
Tony Rozycki

Festus, MO

#31 Oct 13, 2010
Where's the box score? That often provides more accurate news than some articles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darko Milicic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Darko Milicic (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank 1
News Timberwolves fire Kurt Rambis after 2 years (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy Ringo 3
News Yep, it's that time - road construction season (Apr '11) Apr '11 gman 22
News Timberwolves: Milicic offers title ring, NBA Fi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Vikings Fan 2
News Kevin Love hoping to stay with Timberwolves, Ra... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Gardy 17
News Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
News Timberwolves make it interesting but lose 'play... (Mar '11) Mar '11 The real just ano... 18
More from around the web