Timberwolves open preseason with victory over Lakers in London

The new-look Minnesota Timberwolves had an impressive NBA preseason debut today, rolling past the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers with a 111-92 victory at London's 02 Arena. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jeb

San Francisco, CA

#1 Oct 4, 2010
this makes us the champs, right?

“Do Da John Wall Dance! LOL!!!!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 4, 2010
Lakers win
Bo Knows

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Oct 4, 2010
Maybe they should play all their games in London.
Lynhurst Al

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 4, 2010
For one day, at least, we are unbeaten & can say we're ahead of the Lakers. It's good to win any game when we have been buried under losses for so long.
Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 4, 2010
Off to a good start! Preseason, without Kobe, but still nice to see. Team is a big improvement over last year's really bad, unwatchable team. They will surprise some people.-- Especially the dumb sportswriters that don't have a clue.
cryfan hater

El Paso, TX

#6 Oct 4, 2010
jeb wrote:
this makes us the champs, right?
Spoken like a cowboy fan who made the same kind of claim after the nfl season last year because dallas beat new orleans in the regular season.
jmndodge

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Oct 5, 2010
Balanced playing time, players who are willing to share, good assist numbers. A good start, and we should get stronger
Ya maaaan

Rochester, NY

#8 Oct 5, 2010
Damn dude. Don't know what to think about Darko anymore. Excellent athletic ability,flashes of greatness like his reverse layup,few great assists and yet still when you see him on the court with that huge body of him,he looks like he doesn't care or like he is scared. Don't understand why??? I mean c'mon man,post inside,destroy your defender he has all the tools but really it looks like he doesnt have a heart. Don't get me wrong he played ok yesterday but twenty games into the season I see him being again second or third option on the bench.
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#9 Oct 5, 2010
Any win is a good win - and when I saw the score last night - my jaw dropped! I don't care how many people the Lakers were missing - we beat the Lakers by 19 points!!!!! I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in **** of winning - much less by 19 POINTS! I'm getting pretty psyched about this season, particularly being able to watch Beasley and Johnson play. They could be a dynamic duo - and then mix Flynn in with them and they should really be fun! It may not translate into a +500 season, but that doesn't matter as much to me as seeing some exciting basketball. I love to see the game played well and with lots of action. Winning is nice, but seeing a well-played game is also satisfying. Go Wolves!!
John

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Oct 5, 2010
Balance speed and passing, the wolves looked GOOD for once! Darko is going to have a phenomenal season, as is Beasley and Love. We have youth and athleticism in our big men, all we need is experience. This is the makings of a legitimate good team. No fooling. For once no Mike James type idiots on the squad. All the media scrutiny of Khan is going to be turned on its ear. If only we had cousins too... argh.

Since: Jul 09

Asheville, NC

#11 Oct 5, 2010
I'm certainly not going to get overly excited about an exibition win but....This team has legitimate talent this year. Corey Brewer, bless him, does not belong starting in the NBA, much less 82 games last year and the idea they don't have to do that this year is an undeniable upgrade. No Flynn, No Kobe. We'll see what the puppies can move to but i agree with previous poster's, Love, Beasley and Johnson are legit NBA players.
Killer Keller

United States

#12 Oct 5, 2010
Better save some of that "October" champagne for the "watch" the finals party in June.
Love & Beasley are legit players.....for the Sunday Recreational League!!!!!
Policy Shift

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Oct 5, 2010
The Lakers got what they wanted from yesterday's loss - everybody healthy. The Wolves HAD TO PLAY hard because it still isn't clear who will start and why, and how many wins the starters can get without a legit star (and coach).

Some here have suggested Love, Beasley, and Johnson are legit. I think Love is a reserve player on a championship team - not a starter. Beasley has a lot to prove because he smoked too much weed while in Miami. And Johnson is a rookie who didn't show the same type of talent players like Brandon Jennings showed last year during the rookie league. We need a star player, and I don't see anyone in this lineup scaring anybody, except maybe (and its a big maybe)the New Jersey Nets.

“DJ Kratos in da house!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#14 Oct 5, 2010
Lynhurst Al wrote:
For one day, at least, we are unbeaten & can say we're ahead of the Lakers. It's good to win any game when we have been buried under losses for so long.
I vote this, the most amusing post of the week.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#15 Oct 5, 2010
and from here they will go down faster then Kahn did on Taylor.........
RightOn

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Oct 5, 2010
HOWWWWWWWWLLL!!!! oh yeah, the NBA is still a joke.
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Oct 5, 2010
RightOn wrote:
HOWWWWWWWWLLL!!!! oh yeah, the NBA is still a joke.
Keep clicking on the articles though.
Possibility

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Oct 5, 2010
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep clicking on the articles though.
HAHAHA. Good point.
Peter

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 5, 2010
Everybody laughed when I said this team can contend to win 45 games this year, now who is laughing. This just proves we have the talent to make a run and next year we get Rubio!
idea

Duluth, MN

#20 Oct 5, 2010
Lakers star Kobe Bryant, recovering from knee surgery in July, was scoreless; he played only the first six minutes of the game.

Martell Webster had a game-high 24 points off the bench. Michael Beasley, who started at small forward, had 21 points on 8-of-10 shooting from the floor.

Forward Kevin Love and center Darko Milicic combined for 11 assists. Love finished with 11 points, eight rebounds and six assists.

Best performance by lakers ever and they beat a kobeless underperforming laker team yeah I feel the need to buy season tickets now, fyi I am a fan of the minneapolis lakers

Oh and
That wasn’t enough to satisfy the crowd at the sold-out O2 Arena, which chanted “Kobe, Kobe, Kobe” during the second half. Bryant, who is still recovering from knee surgery in the offseason, answered with polite laughs on the bench, but the pleas had little effect on Coach Phil Jackson.
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2010/oct/...

real game
pistons vs. heat tonight kill benedict arnold lebron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darko Milicic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Darko Milicic (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank 1
Timberwolves fire Kurt Rambis after 2 years (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy Ringo 3
Yep, it's that time - road construction season (Apr '11) Apr '11 gman 22
Timberwolves: Milicic offers title ring, NBA Fi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Vikings Fan 2
Kevin Love hoping to stay with Timberwolves, Ra... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Gardy 17
Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
Timberwolves make it interesting but lose 'play... (Mar '11) Mar '11 The real just ano... 18
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Darko Milicic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••