Timberwolves' Corey Brewer gets anoth...

Timberwolves' Corey Brewer gets another start at shooting guard

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 12, 2010, titled Timberwolves' Corey Brewer gets another start at shooting guard. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Corey Brewer, facing an intense battle for playing time this season at the shooting guard spot, will be in the starting lineup for tonight's NBA preseason game against the Denver Nuggets at Target Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 12, 2010
Wolves! The rebuilding plan is finally making sense and we have the potential for progress!!!!

Eden Prairie, MN

#2 Oct 12, 2010
He can't shoot...period. Not since he left Gainesville. He's been overshadowed by Webster and Johnson because he's not as good. He might have value as a defender off the bench. But the Wolves shouldn't overpay after his contract expires.

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Oct 12, 2010
Corey made some nice strides with his game last year. Although, when surrounding him with the cast we had, anything looked like an improvement. He's been too skinny and easy to throw around in the NBA. I suspect he will be off the bench this year. At least he looked awake on the floor last year, unlike much of the team.

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 12, 2010
I like Corey! But he likely will be coming off the bench, and playing when a tough defender is needed to bring spark to the lineup. What a wonderful problem to have, as there are many player fighting for positions on this team. With good coaching, we should win many games this year. Note our preseason shows that our 7-12 players are better than many teams at that level, we will still struggle playing 1 to 5, but uptempo energy will force teams to dig deep and play farther into their bench. I look for an exciting season. DISH get our sports back!
Mike L

United States

#7 Oct 13, 2010
The two weak links in last night's game were Brewer and Telfair. Why? Because they try to do too much at times. Look at guys like Bruce Bowen Eric Snow, they didn't need to shoot a lot of shots to be effective on the court. Find your niche and stick with what you do best. For Brewer, I think that's his defense. Telfair, I'm not a fan of his AT ALL, but I think he passes the ball ok when he's under control.

And people thought I was crazy when I got season tickets! They may only win 20-25 games, but at least they will be entertaining to watch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darko Milicic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Darko Milicic (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank 1
News Timberwolves fire Kurt Rambis after 2 years (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy Ringo 3
News Yep, it's that time - road construction season (Apr '11) Apr '11 gman 22
News Timberwolves: Milicic offers title ring, NBA Fi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Vikings Fan 2
News Kevin Love hoping to stay with Timberwolves, Ra... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Gardy 17
News Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
News Timberwolves make it interesting but lose 'play... (Mar '11) Mar '11 The real just ano... 18
More from around the web