Timberwolves 109 / Wizards 97

Full story: TwinCities.com
RECAP: Kevin Love had 35 points and 11 rebounds to spark the Timberwolves to a victory over Washington at Target Center, snapping the Wolves' five-game losing streak. Full Story
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#1 Jan 13, 2011
Pretty good game -start to fantastic finish. I was afraid they were going to lose it again, but they came out of a timeout and blew the Wizards off the floor. They defended and they got shots.

Corey B. was fantastic - those two steals he made on inbound passes were sweet. I love watching him play.

Poor Flynn. I think playing with the injured hip made him shoot a certain way and now that it is repaired, he hasn't been able to adjust because he doesn't have to compensate for the injury anymore. Hope he gets it together and figures it out soon or it could be the end of him as a Wolves player. I think right now he is just trying too hard - he needs to relax and just let the game come to him rather than forcing a certain way of play.

Love is something else. McHale must be sitting back and grinning every time he watches him play. What a trade he made.

Wall is a great little player but I don't see how he really is a total team guy. He seems to me to be a Marbury in more ways than one - and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Nice to see a win on TV rather than on my computer. Now we need to take it to the Magic. Go Wolves!
Shagger

Mascot, Australia

#2 Jan 13, 2011
DARKO + PEKO
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#3 Jan 14, 2011
wolvesfan,

I don't see the Marbury-Wall similarities. I think Wall is looking to drive and dish and I don't know what you are seeing when you say he is not "a total team guy". I would trade anyone on our roster, except Love, for Wall. In fact, I would trade any three players on our roster, not including Love.

I enjoyed your comment about the Love-Mayo trade. I was one of those who thought it was a good trade at the time. Then, the first year, I wasn't so sure as Love couldn't get a shot off inside without it being blocked, and Big Al and Love didn't play well together. Mayo seems to be a tweener, not quick and skillful enough to play the point, not big enough, and not a good enough shooter to play the 2. McHale was right, this one time.

Brewer indeed was fantastic on defense, as he pretty much always is. He still shoots those scuds on offense though. Everytime he takes a shot I find myself going "no, don't shoot, don't shoot". Once in a while it goes it cleanly, but most bounce off the outside of the rim.

Flynn does not even look good enough to play D-league. He dribbles too much, can't beat ANYONE off the dribble, can't get a shot off over the trees when he does find himself in the paint, and has an inconsistent outside shot. He also has a hard time checking other point guards as they are quicker than he is. Other than that, he is a really, really nice player. I was hoping for Curry or Jennings in that draft slot, the Flynn pick took me by surprise. Maybe he plays better when he is fully healed, but I don't see how the wolves can keep giving him significant minutes when he is such a detriment out on the floor. I see no way that he and Rubio can play together. Kahn had, at one point, said that Rubio could play point and Flynn could play off the ball at the 2. Puhleeze!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darko Milicic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Darko Milicic (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank 1
Timberwolves fire Kurt Rambis after 2 years (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy Ringo 3
Yep, it's that time - road construction season (Apr '11) Apr '11 gman 22
Timberwolves: Milicic offers title ring, NBA Fi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Vikings Fan 2
Kevin Love hoping to stay with Timberwolves, Ra... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Gardy 17
Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
Timberwolves make it interesting but lose 'play... (Mar '11) Mar '11 The real just ano... 18

Darko Milicic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE