Timberwolves reportedly agree to deal...

Timberwolves reportedly agree to deals with centers Darko Milicic, ...

There are 41 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 1, 2010, titled Timberwolves reportedly agree to deals with centers Darko Milicic, .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to a four-year, $20 million deal to re-sign free-agent center Darko Milicic, ESPN.com's Chad Ford wrote on Twitter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 1, 2010
You have got to be kidding Kahn!
jmack77

Nashville, TN

#2 Jul 1, 2010
Great news if it holds true when the ink dries on July, 8, 2010.
These two will be a formidable foe...Played as two centers with 10 fouls to give or side by side as a true center and a true power forward, with the slashing runners, playmakers; swirling, scoring all around them...
They both are currently training with their FIBA National Teams and we should get to watch them play in FIBA World championship...and they should come in...In great shape.

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 1, 2010
I'm sure the ticket office phones will be ringing off the hook now. Where do I sign up? How many can I get?
fritz

Lakeville, MN

#4 Jul 1, 2010
as much as people are going to hate the darko signing. im not all that upset with it. Plus him and peklovic should do pretty well with peklovic coming off the bench. and GMs around the league are saying if peclovic would have been able to be drafted this year he would have been a top 10 pick
PEKOVIC

Winona, MN

#5 Jul 1, 2010
fritz wrote:
as much as people are going to hate the darko signing. im not all that upset with it. Plus him and peklovic should do pretty well with peklovic coming off the bench. and GMs around the league are saying if peclovic would have been able to be drafted this year he would have been a top 10 pick
PEKOVIC would have gone in the lotto the year he was drafted, but all GM's knew that he would be overseas for at least a couple years. He was then the consensus number one pick in the 2nd round to avoid giving him a guaranteed contract.
The JEW

Herrin, IL

#6 Jul 1, 2010
To think that Darko is getting roughly 1/6th the contract that LeBron, Bosh and Wade will get without having done even 1/10th of what those players have done is unbelievable. That's not to say, though, that I don't like the resigning. Just at, say, half that cost.
Anonymous

Kearney, NE

#7 Jul 1, 2010
The Darko signing is a great frist step. Darko has shown he can play against the best. He did it last year even though he was out of shape, had been on the bench for years. This guy has talent. And I would not bet against his showing it to every team in the league.
fracas

Tea, SD

#9 Jul 1, 2010
EVERYONE in the NBA is overpaid! Having said that, I think Darko is a good fit for this team. Darko is a "plus" passer and a "plus" defender. Shooting and rebounding are less impressive. Darko does not need to have the ball in his hands in order to stay engaged, unlike Big Al, who tunes out when he isn't getting his touches.

Losing out on Rudy Gay is not that big of a deal to me. Had we signed Gay, which was never likely, then what would we have done with Wes? Wes doesn't handle the ball well enough to play SG. At 80 mil over 5 years I think we can agree that Memphis paid "retail" if not more.

None of the big knockers are going to want to come here as FA's, so we can forget about the guys you hear about on ESPN every night. Joe Johnson would make some sense at SG, but he has previously said that he wants to go to a winner, which most certainly rules us out. Maybe Shannon Brown should be the next target.
fracas

Tea, SD

#10 Jul 1, 2010
Sorry about the double post. I only hit "post comment" once and have no idea how it doubled.
jmack77

Nashville, TN

#11 Jul 1, 2010
The JEW wrote:
To think that Darko is getting roughly 1/6th the contract that LeBron, Bosh and Wade will get without having done even 1/10th of what those players have done is unbelievable. That's not to say, though, that I don't like the resigning. Just at, say, half that cost.
Half the Cost!!!

Look Darko's first year is about $4.5 mil plus...he was paid 7.6 mil last year.
A near 50% cut in pay and rumors are he was offered more to sign somewhere else...shows he wanted to be here.

Give him some credit...rare do we find a player whose word is good...
He had previously said the money was not that important...he proved true to his word.

The 4.5 is a bargain for a serviceable true center even if coming off the bench playing 10 minutes. Keep some perspective big Al and many others are schedule to make 13 mil.
The proof will simply be his play over time.
jmack77

Nashville, TN

#12 Jul 1, 2010
The JEW wrote:
To think that Darko is getting

Sorry about the way the handle appears meant no disparaging comment or reference to cheap or tight with money...Sincerely sorry and I respect everyones comments especially yours because it has got alot of response...
TC Florida

Frisco, TX

#13 Jul 1, 2010
Darko can help but is certainly not the key to the T-Wolves success. David Lee is amazing so I hope that the door is still open with him.
thumbsucker

Big Lake, MN

#14 Jul 1, 2010
Why isnt anybody talking about a free agent SG? That is the position we need upgrading on..and a backup PG for one year? Truly like the European signings. Big men who are tested and can play.
Affula

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jul 1, 2010
you almost have to wait it out with al until the trade deadline since everyone right now knows we need to trade him. i don't know if anyone can take another few months of k love coming off the bench, but i just don't see how you can sell al at his low.
Jake

San Antonio, TX

#16 Jul 1, 2010
In other words, same old Wolves doing nothing....
DD Austin

United States

#17 Jul 1, 2010
I knew Rudy would never come to Minnesota. They won't sign any elite player. Why would any player want to go to an organization with perpetual failure writte all over it. Then you get the con-man trying to say, "be patient for another few years while we build chemestry and develop the young guys." HELLO - T-Wolves fans have been waiting for over 15 years now for what??????? ;(
Big D

Everett, WA

#18 Jul 1, 2010
Careful what you wish for, Kahn is worse than McFail.
Big D

Everett, WA

#19 Jul 1, 2010
$20 million for a draft bust...unreal.
oxboro blows

United States

#20 Jul 1, 2010
DD Austin wrote:
I knew Rudy would never come to Minnesota. They won't sign any elite player. Why would any player want to go to an organization with perpetual failure writte all over it. Then you get the con-man trying to say, "be patient for another few years while we build chemestry and develop the young guys." HELLO - T-Wolves fans have been waiting for over 15 years now for what??????? ;(
Go back to blowin POP'S !
Amy

Albertville, MN

#22 Jul 1, 2010
I guess no Gay-Love duo this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darko Milicic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Darko Milicic (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank 1
News Timberwolves fire Kurt Rambis after 2 years (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy Ringo 3
News Yep, it's that time - road construction season (Apr '11) Apr '11 gman 22
News Timberwolves: Milicic offers title ring, NBA Fi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Vikings Fan 2
News Kevin Love hoping to stay with Timberwolves, Ra... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Gardy 17
News Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
News Timberwolves make it interesting but lose 'play... (Mar '11) Mar '11 The real just ano... 18
More from around the web