Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis says r...

Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis says record doesn't reflect team...

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 28, 2010, titled Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis says record doesn't reflect team.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

As the Timberwolves' losing streak reaches an unflattering milestone in the franchise's 21-year history, coach Kurt Rambis continues to look for positives in the team's late-season fade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#1 Mar 29, 2010
For a know-it-all, Rambis sure doesn't show us much. Thus far it has been all sage counseling about patience, progress, and how the little boys on the team need to listen to the wise insights of the great man on the bench.

I'm sorry, I don't buy it. You're in over your head, Mr. Rambis. At least give us a hint of the fact that you're aware of your own limitations and mistakes.

Duluth, MN

#2 Mar 29, 2010
Sadly the record does reflect the team's "progress". Of course Rambis will say otherwise because if coaching isn't about wins and losses then it has to be about making progress. Has Flynn made progress? Has Love made progress?
This team had lost playing competitively early in the season; now their just happy to not give up 150 points. Rambis points to this team doing some good things during their losing streak. Huh? Most the games were double digit losses. These games have not been competitive.
There is not alot of optimism for the future either. We had four #1 picks last year and really do not have much to show for it. The best guard we drafted was Lawson; sadly we traded him so we can have a bunch of draft picks to talk about this year.
Flyn is ok, not a bust, but not as good as point gaurds drafted after him, Curry, Jennings both have outplayed him and Lawson too. Its hard to get excited when you have #5&6 picks and get a # 8 talent to show for it.
Are fans s'posed to get excited over Darko? Don't we have enough draft pick busts of our own? The Wolves have picked up other teams busts before Candyman Joe Smith come to mind.
How does Rambis define progress? This team doesn't even have hope! Fans have lost interest. This is obvious by the volume of posts (mine being the second) to this article. Most fans simply don't care. I don't care but I'd like to care and I'm so angry I had to refute Rambis' blatantly bogus claim to making progress. Thank you Rambis and company for caring enough to not give up 150 points tonight!
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#3 Mar 30, 2010
Rambo the rambler says the teams record doesn't reflect the PROGRESS? Are you kidding me? PROGRESS? Is that a missprint? Progress? Time for Glen and his whole so called management team and coaches to take a hike!!:(
toivo 2 feathers

Wenatchee, WA

#4 Mar 30, 2010
I think Rambo is correct when he says thier record does't show progress!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darko Milicic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Darko Milicic (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank 1
News Timberwolves fire Kurt Rambis after 2 years (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy Ringo 3
News Yep, it's that time - road construction season (Apr '11) Apr '11 gman 22
News Timberwolves: Milicic offers title ring, NBA Fi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Vikings Fan 2
News Kevin Love hoping to stay with Timberwolves, Ra... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Gardy 17
News Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
News Timberwolves make it interesting but lose 'play... (Mar '11) Mar '11 The real just ano... 18
More from around the web