Shooter Now: Wolves' David Kahn expec...

Shooter Now: Wolves' David Kahn expects more from Love and Beasley

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 17, 2011, titled Shooter Now: Wolves' David Kahn expects more from Love and Beasley. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley scores over New Orleans Hornets center David Andersen during first half of the NBA basketball game between the New Orleans Hornets and Minnesota Timberwolves in New Orleans, Monday, Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No Kahn Do

Duluth, MN

#1 Feb 17, 2011
More BS from the Kahn Man.
yes he Kahn

Leipzig, Germany

#2 Feb 17, 2011
The wolves are fine. they will improve and hopefully they can snag a top 2 or 3 pick (perry jones or kyrie irving anyone). with rubio possibly coming next season i expect this team to jump around .500 next season and playoffs the following yr. remember this team is the youngest in the nba and they will add rubio or at least trade him for something good, plus most likely a top 5 pick.
Gardy

Byron, MN

#3 Feb 17, 2011
Darko could really use some time at the Kevin McHale school of post moves. Only idiots let him go left for his hook shot. He looks like he hasn't been putting in the effort improve his game while he's been in the NBA. I can see why all his old coaches were frustrated. Darko clearly has the talent to be a go-to scorer if he puts in the effort, but right now he's only got one-trick on offense.
Purple Haze

Center City, MN

#4 Feb 17, 2011
The problem with Love is that he is a horrible defender! He puts all of his energy into his O game and rebounding. Last night Ryan Gomes.......Ryan "frickin" Gomes! Blew by Love for a back door cut and layup. I suspect Rambis was aware of this last year when Love's minutes were cut. But with public pressure and organizational pressure Rambis has been forced to give Love big Minutes. Love is a lousy defender and gets destroyed by the bigger more athletic bigs. The best chance to hide Love defensively would be to have him guard the slowest person on the court, who ever that may be.
MVF

Monticello, MN

#5 Feb 17, 2011
This team struggles playing defense. Until that changes, I don't see any meaningful improvement.

No doubt they have improved the talent on this roster and I like the things Kahn has done in comparison to the last GM. Let's face the facts, until they defend and upgrade their backcourt tandem they will struggle.
Elvis

San Francisco, CA

#6 Feb 17, 2011
Walters licks Glen Taylors boots again to get an interview from Kahnse. Im happy the wilfs kicked you in the face when you tried to lick there boots and give no interviews to you sir, a true goofball.
Elvis

San Francisco, CA

#7 Feb 17, 2011
Purple Haze wrote:
The problem with Love is that he is a horrible defender! He puts all of his energy into his O game and rebounding. Last night Ryan Gomes.......Ryan "frickin" Gomes! Blew by Love for a back door cut and layup. I suspect Rambis was aware of this last year when Love's minutes were cut. But with public pressure and organizational pressure Rambis has been forced to give Love big Minutes. Love is a lousy defender and gets destroyed by the bigger more athletic bigs. The best chance to hide Love defensively would be to have him guard the slowest person on the court, who ever that may be.
Don't forget when love shoved Darko aside to get his 10th rebound when there was only 30 seconds remaining so he could get that coveted double double. Love only cares about stats, wins and team be damned.
Matt45

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Feb 17, 2011
I love how everyone thinks Rubio is the savior for this team. He is averaging 6 pts and 4 assists a game in a terrible league where he only plays half the game! People.........he's terrible! How would Stephen Curry look to anyone right now????
yes David

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Feb 17, 2011
We're expecting much more from you too, Mr. Kahn.

You won't need to worry about getting "more" out of Love, as his effort level is already injuring him and grinding his body into a pulp, just as was the case with Jefferson bearing the brunt of carrying the team. Looked like he was injured last night.

I want to see Mr. Kahn admit we need POINT GUARDS. We can tiptoe around it all you want, Mr. Kahn, but let's just stop this gradual improvement nonsense and talk about the GLARING holes in this roster. Not talking about it doesn't increase their trade values, I'm sorry. Flynn is a bust. Rubio does not look like an improvement and you got duped yet again in taking his "rights."

Love is leading rebounder, top 20 scorer, and one of the top 3 point shooters. Again, one player can only do so much. This goes to Mr. Kahn, and all you whiners about his defense.

Beasley's production will go up with point guards that can create and using him to slash and pick and roll. All I ever see is him getting the ball at the top of the 3 point arc. Johnny Flynn is such a midget he can't even get the ball into the post! And for Pete's sake, Darko, stop dribbling like a point guard down in the paint! How many times does he need to get stripped and turn it over before they address this??
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#10 Feb 17, 2011
I see a bus coming, and a whole bunch of guys -- players, coaches, POBO's, owners -- holding on to each other's collars. Who will throw? Who will go? Who will be left standing?
acehollywood

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Feb 17, 2011
once again lets face the facts.. the two big guns love and beasley play for stats.. love gets outplayed night in and night out..beasley cant stay on the court because of his petulant attitude.. for all of you who whoop up loves double double gig.. how many fouls does he commit one or two a game .otherwise he is just playing for stat.. all these guys he is being compared with .. garnett malone mikan on and on they all won.
DD Austin

Brandon, MS

#12 Feb 17, 2011
1) We expect more from the Con-man!
2) He should shut up and expect more from himself first!
3) His title should be stupid-viser!
huh

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Feb 17, 2011
acehollywood wrote:
once again lets face the facts.. the two big guns love and beasley play for stats.. love gets outplayed night in and night out..beasley cant stay on the court because of his petulant attitude.. for all of you who whoop up loves double double gig.. how many fouls does he commit one or two a game .otherwise he is just playing for stat.. all these guys he is being compared with .. garnett malone mikan on and on they all won.
Garnett "won" when he left this dysfunctional franchise, skippy.
Malone? No ring. Even with one of if not THE best PG's to play the game in Stockton.
My gosh, it's all K-Love's fault, but you don't even have basic "facts" straight.

Beasley has a bum ankle. Maybe you noticed? Probably not. Yeah, it's his "attitude."

Tell Darko to stop making stupid fouls guarding PG's at the 3 point line and maybe others won't have to monitor their fouls so much.

Does anyone even watch these games before commenting?
John Jansen

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Feb 17, 2011
I had to leave last night's game at the end of the 3rd quarter. I couldn't take it. During the half time shoot around, Wes Johnson was dancing and goofing around. During the 3rd quarter, he missed a crucial 3 pointer that would have cut the deficit and continued the momentum. Not saying the two are directly related but until you can hit clutch shots with some consistency, spend your time getting better instead of screwing around. They also try to make the sensational play with high risk passes that almost always, always, always end up being a turnover. Let's focus on the basics before trying to do something fancy. There was also a play where Ellington reached for the ball instead of going to get it and a Clipper player swooped in, grabbed it and the result was a fastbreak. Maybe it's a lack of confidence but you can't hesitate, get the ball. The highlight was watching Griffin dunk...pitiful performance last night from my favorite team. I defended them during the off season and was genuinely excited to see them play this year but the mistakes are so correctable, I can't understand why they can't be eliminated. Hustle, play smart, play within yourself and you will start playing better, start winning and get your fans back.
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Feb 17, 2011
Matt45 wrote:
I love how everyone thinks Rubio is the savior for this team. He is averaging 6 pts and 4 assists a game in a terrible league where he only plays half the game! People.........he's terrible! How would Stephen Curry look to anyone right now????
Brandon Jennings averaged 6 points and 1.8 assists in two years in Europe. What was your point again?
Jack Hammer

Longview, WA

#16 Feb 17, 2011
Purple Haze wrote:
Are you serious? McHale worked with all of the big men and none of them accomplished a thing. This isn't the 80's and I don't see a Larry Bird, Robert Parrish or Dennis Johnson to share the load. I stated before the season started that if Darko goes 10/5/2, that will be solid. Right now, he's at 9.4/5.4/2.3 ... close to being on the money.

Two things we knew the team didn't have were a solid PG, good defense, and good shooters. Though Kahn tried to address the shooting (to no avail), he did not address the other two issues and right now it's killing the team. Perhaps a major trade is in the works, but it's unlikely they'll land the player(s) they need. Then again, If I were GM, DeRozan, Holiday and Cousins would be on the roster. Perhaps the team should consider Perry "KD-Lite" Jones of Baylor in 2011. Though he's not as far along as Durant was, he may be about as far along as Garnett was at 19.
Purple Haze

Center City, MN

#17 Feb 17, 2011
This team needs a leader!! Nobody on the current roster has leadership qualities. What made Garnett so special was his passion for the game and his will to compete. All the great ones have that will and passion. I new Garnett was going to be special when during his rookie year they were playing the Pistons on the road and Christian Laetner was pissing and moaning about what ever, and KG as a rookie got in his grill and basically balled him out. KG was obviously sick of losing and the poor characters on the team. That was the point were everything changed. Laetner was on his way out and KG as rookie became the emotional and passionate leader of the team. Players need to get in each others faces once in a while. I'm sure many can remember Jordon screaming at his teamates when they did not run a play correctly or were out of position defensivley. I've seen Tom Brady and Payton Manning do it too. They don't care if they are embarrasing their teamate or showing them up, they just want to win that bad! That is what this team needs a passionate and emotional leader whose not affraid of upsetting a teammate. The big problem with the Wolves is they don't have one person on their roster with that kind of passion. Love dosen't have it because he doesn't completey understand the game and system he is in enough to correct his teamates when they make a mistake. Kahn needs to find some players who are passionate in your face don't give up an inch type players. They sure don't have them now. It's called pride, you either have it or you don't.
Jack Hammer

Longview, WA

#18 Feb 17, 2011
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Brandon Jennings averaged 6 points and 1.8 assists in two years in Europe. What was your point again?
Curry and Jennings are good, young 1's, but I wouldn't want either of them guarding their counterpart in crunch time ... especially Jennings.
One Question

Littleton, CO

#19 Feb 17, 2011
Just asking DK how the weather in la la land?
Jack Hammer

Longview, WA

#20 Feb 17, 2011
Purple Haze wrote:
... and KG as a rookie got in his grill and basically balled him out. KG was obviously sick of losing and the poor characters on the team. That was the point were everything changed.
KG was a leader to a fault. Remember, his demanded to be "consulted" on virtually every personnel move the team made and is partially responsible for Joe Smith, Mike James, Will Avery, Mike Brown and Dean Garrett. KG wanted "his dogs" on the roster and it hurt the team. Also, KG was the gutless puke who refused to take any crunch time shots ... always deferring to others. By the way, how many titles did this team win with KG here? That's right, zero. Let's not compare him to Jordan, Manning or Brady util he shows more balls ... rather than punching opponents in them or sucker-punching a teammate from behind. The only thing KG should be known for is being a dirty player who quits on his team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darko Milicic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Darko Milicic (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank 1
News Timberwolves fire Kurt Rambis after 2 years (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy Ringo 3
News Yep, it's that time - road construction season (Apr '11) Apr '11 gman 22
News Timberwolves: Milicic offers title ring, NBA Fi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Vikings Fan 2
News Kevin Love hoping to stay with Timberwolves, Ra... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Gardy 17
News Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
News Timberwolves make it interesting but lose 'play... (Mar '11) Mar '11 The real just ano... 18
More from around the web