UConn, Price Hang On Against Villanova

Full story: Hartford Courant

At one point Wednesday night, with both tension and opportunity filling the XL Center , A.J. Price just smiled.
Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dave

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

I agree that Stanley Robinson needs to be better but part of it is that he just isn`t a focal point of the offense. The Way Uconn plays and is coached in the half court doesn`t lend itself to Stanley having big games. He is the fifth option on a guard oriented dribble drive offense.He has to get his points a la Josh Boone style

“Concerned citizen”

Since: Oct 07

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Hold on wrote:
A W is a W. But once agian Uconn couldn't put this team away......no career night from price and no W.
Agree that UCONN began slow then almost let it slip away at the end--but they didn't. In case you missed it, the Huskies did finally "put this team away" in an almost nail biting finish. A W is a W, and Price's 29 is a good high for him and the team. Good going guys!
mclacasse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

you all say they should have crushed these guys are you even aware of what college hoops is? uconn has a bullseye on its back whoever plays uconn plays to their best its a big feather in their hat to beat uconn, get a clue people we are still the cream of yhe crop
The Dude

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Villanova has players on scholarship too.
Matt Smith

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

wow....scary to watch their lack of ability to close out a game. And their transition defense was HORRIBLE all game. If Thabeet can become more aggressive and stop getting so lazy after he is out their for 5 straight minutes i think they can run with anybody.

At least they look loads better in the half court than they did about a month ago. They have a huge test at Notre Dame saturday in a very tough place to play. I hope they can keep rolling, contain Haranguaty, work on limting 3 point shots and hopefully come out with a win.
Craven Moorehead

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Hell yeah b*tches!!
Vomit

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

29 points is his career high thus a career night.
huskies09 wrote:
<quoted text>
uhh what? price had 29 points
Vomit

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Exactly, if price doesn't have his career high Uconn loses.
matt0624 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid comment. 29 pts is a career high, and 'Nova is a ranked team in the best league in college hoops. Get a clue.
some clueless people

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Uconn won a good game...again they didn't do this right and that...in 2004 they lost 6 times...by 25 to g-tech...

duke lost to mich..unc twice, including BC...wake lost to v-tech...

uconn wins and some you talk like they lost by 25...and further, if they lose some that means nothing..........

right now uconn, pitt and lou all are similar..they are not great shooting teams...on the other hand they can win without shooting well because the score on postups, drives, fastbreaks and putbacks....
newsflash...duke has to play pefect against better athletes because lack the size and speed of the best...does this mean Uconn is the best...no..but they have just as good a chance as any of the top 15 programs in the country....

i get the feeling that unless they win by 30 every game you morons will get on here saying clueless crap
No Names

Southold, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

While they did have problems sealing the deal lasst night, overall they played a great game...and one thing is for sure...their confidence is growing. They are definately a title contender. I hope they get it after last years dissapointment. AJ, nice job!
roley poley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

AJ Price has a great future in pro ball. He will get a huge contract and will be bombarded with deals endorsing laptops.
Marcus

Derwood, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Vomit wrote:
Exactly, if price doesn't have his career high Uconn loses.
<quoted text>
Complete idiot.

So if Steve Patterson didn't score a career-high 29 points in the 1970 title game for UCLA -- a 68-62 win over 'Nova -- John Wooden wouldn't have won seven straight titles.

Complete idiocy.
Jim

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

the fact of the matter is that price did have a career night and uconn did win. no need to discuss these ridiculous hypothetical situations!
3rd World Man

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Marcus wrote:
"Chinks in the armor?"
I didn't know that there was one Excalibur out there? VTech seemed capable of slaying the beast last night - at Wake. UNC was Excalibur, and they've been chinked up twice.
Fact is, Calhoun's teams have NEVER done the 105-55 mid-season atrocities that Duke and UNC do once or twice a year. We've seen it before, if he can get his guys to take various flashes of brilliance we see in the Big East grind and harness them in March, they can be as good as anybody and the chips WILL fall where they belong.
Right, VT beating Wake at Wake, and you forgot Northwestern (Northwestern?!) beating Michigan State in East Lansing too. Get past the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament this year, haha, and we'll see where this thing goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dante Cunningham Discussions

Search the Dante Cunningham Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves Feb '14 Trevor 1
First NBA impression of Love was, eh, flawed Jan '14 philtheduck 1
Grizzlies brass like how team is coming together (Jul '12) Jul '12 AndybigDwiddie 2
North Carolina beats Villanova (Apr '09) Apr '09 thereeds44 2
North Carolina rolls into final (Apr '09) Apr '09 laughorbust 31
Villanova Thrives As Underdog (Apr '09) Apr '09 JLC 3
Pinckney returns to share in Villanova's run (Apr '09) Apr '09 goodbye to you 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••