Pacers again attempt image revamp

Full story: WISH-TV 8 Indiana News

The Indiana Pacers are putting on a full-court press to win back the fans and if you haven't already seen the TV, magazine or newspaper ads, you will soon.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Sep 27, 2008
crazy grandpa sam

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

I hope it's true, I grew up in the 70's and 80's following the Pacers and attending many games, but after the fiasco in Detroit and other things, I just decided not to pay much attention. Hopefully they will bring back a little of the glory days with Slick Leonard and Larry Bird, and stay away from the problems that they've had. Make me proud to be a Pacers fan again!
Reggie Reggie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Get Reggie in the Office or on the Payroll! He's the only Pacer worthy respect...
Da Phone Be Ringin

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

How can you revamp your image when you still have Jamaal Tinsley on the roster?

srsly
Dan

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

I forgot we even had a basketball team in Indiana, I sure hope this marketing idea works. Also I agree with poster #3. Time Jamaal finds a new home.

“Is this thing on?”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Window dressing. Until the next drama outside a bar unfolds.

Since: Mar 08

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

hey it is almost 100 miles at $3.95 a gallon for gas tosee if this new team is for real and we folks out in the state can be proud of our Indiana Pacers again. We are willing to try if they do. Be there on opening night to check them out

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

If the Pacers are trying to change their image, they will have to work very hard. Trust and Goodwill is something that must be earned by actions. Once lost it is very hard to replace.
Theresa

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

They have a long, long, long, way to go! Larry Bird needs to stop acting like they're 2 years old and play hard ball. If they want to play ball and make millions of dollars, that's great, but you don't get it by acting like a thug, carrying a gun, & visiting strip clubs.
starwars

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

The Pacers need to win games in order to win back the crowd, nothing is any lower than a losing team and then all the trouble. If Tinsley makes a mistake, then you have to dump him or else it might rub off on the others. Now, if they continue to get into trouble, I think Bird should make them wear orange Marion County jail uniforms as warmup uniforms before the games.

“Taliban, Al Qaida, and Yahweh,”

Can lick my sack!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Thanks for Jackson and Beindrinch!

“You betcha!”

Since: Aug 07

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Daggster Slayer wrote:
Thanks for Jackson and Beindrinch!
Hey what the...what are you doin over here???
:p
bears fan for life

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

have the pacers ever really done anything. Win a championship before we start talking bout the pacers glory days.I seem to remember them losing to a laker team that had a hurt bryant and a shaq in constant foul trouble. Speaking of trouble the pick up games in the county must be off the chain. 1-3 tinsley runnin point 3-5 shawne williams at forward handicap beater s.jackson at "shooting" guard artest in the looney bin I.thomas on top of his secretary the colts ed johnson larry's bodyguard.
nottso

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

If the Pacers make the playoffs and no one shoots anyone all will be forgiven.That's how Indy sports fans think.

Can lick my sack!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

wrestlingwithangels wrote:
<quoted text>Hey what the...what are you doin over here???
:p
I was involved in the Warriors trade 3 white stiffs for talent lol!

Can lick my sack!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

starwars wrote:
The Pacers need to win games in order to win back the crowd, nothing is any lower than a losing team and then all the trouble. If Tinsley makes a mistake, then you have to dump him or else it might rub off on the others. Now, if they continue to get into trouble, I think Bird should make them wear orange Marion County jail uniforms as warmup uniforms before the games.
Isn't Marion county the place where that county jail guard got fired for giving an inmate a wedgie? lololol!
Chris

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

Who cares about the Pacers? They ruined my perception of them and I wouldn't waste a penny on them anyway, or any other NBA team for that matter. I never saw so many millionaires on one court that trot up a court. They don't hustle, until the playoffs start.

The Pacers can leave town as far as I am concerned.
fed up wit it

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

Chris wrote:
Who cares about the Pacers? They ruined my perception of them and I wouldn't waste a penny on them anyway, or any other NBA team for that matter. I never saw so many millionaires on one court that trot up a court. They don't hustle, until the playoffs start.
The Pacers can leave town as far as I am concerned.
and take larry bird with them

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Danny Granger Discussions

Search the Danny Granger Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••