O'Brien: If you are open, shoot

O'Brien: If you are open, shoot

There are 4 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 3, 2007, titled O'Brien: If you are open, shoot. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana Pacers coach Jim O'Brien faced a pretty big dilemma when he was hired in May.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Nashville TN Pacer fan

Nashville, TN

#1 Nov 3, 2007
Keep it up!!
See you in Memphis tonight.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#2 Nov 3, 2007
Jermaine is really going to have to work extremely hard on his cardio. I've felt the last few years he has been a step slow for his size. Now, with the injuries and changes in coaches and philosophy he's even slower than before.

He typically starts the year off rusty, that's not an issue, but if he doesn't get his cardio and speed up faster than he has ever been in his life, he's going to be an anchor in a bad way.

He's got alot of work to do to get spun up- but I know he can do it! Go JO!
Frank Lloyd Wright

Traverse City, MI

#3 Nov 3, 2007
Dont just say go JO, say GO PACERS!
atila

Clayton, IN

#4 Nov 3, 2007
So far so good. Hopefully the team chemistry stays high throughout the season. I like the fact that he plays 10 guys every game. Everyone plays hard.

Daniels looks lost. Owen has been energetic in the first game, drove inside, but you can tell he can't make a shot from outside...didn't get much playing time yesterday.

We'll see how JO thing works out. If he is willing to block shots, box out and average 12-13 rebounds a game, we will be ok. He has never been a great offensive threat, so he should keep it simple...between 8-10 shots around the basket, pick and roll situations...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
News Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
News Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web